Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders @ The Cowboys - Gobble Gobble... oh yeah, **** DALLAS!!!

zCommander

2 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

The clock can't run fast enough

In this game and the season… I turned the game off at the start of the 4th… and they’ve scored twice since I see… I don’t think I’ll tune into another game this season, even the Rams will beat up by double digits… OL and DB’s have to be the worst tje NFL has seen in years… OL can’t block anyone, and DB’s can’t cover anyone… this years teams has to be arguably top 3 worst teams in a long time….

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No, we don’t. I don’t know what Sam Howell is. I also don’t know what Caleb Williams is besides a diva and Drake Maye is because they’ve both choked all year. But yes, let’s draft a QB and watch them get crushed into pixie dust because there are no FA answers to the OL. 

Fix the line and stop putting it off. Just get it freakin done. THEN worry about the quarterback. You want to draft a mid round QB? Go for it. Let him compete. But taking a QB early is basically condemning their career.

You feel that way, fine.

But I'm gonna trust the new GM.  If there's a dude sitting there that the GM loves, and that GM is not enamoured with Sam Howell, I have zero problem taking the QB.  There will ALWAYS be O linemen to find.  You cannot say the same about franchise QB prospects.   We may not be picking that high again, and you get an O line, but then don't have the answer at QB.  You've got a good but not good enough QB to get you to mid-draft level.  Meaning you have to trade the farm to go get one.

QB is too difficult a position to find.  O lineman are not.  If the new GM loves what is attainable and isn't sold on Sam, I have zero problem with it.  Again, sit him a year if you're that concerned with keeping him healthy.  It isn't like bad teams of the past that ended up with a franchise QB only selected that QB when they had great protection.  You take them when they are there IF you love them.  

Whatever the next GM wants to do is just fine with me.

Edited by Redwards
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PerryMason said:

I agree with your assessment of Howell but Kirk Cousins may end up a hall of famer when its all said and done. Hes currently top 8 in quarterback rating, top 25 in passing yards all time, and top 20 in pssing TDs.  He also has the greatest comeback in NFL history. If he plays a few more years hed have a case.  

He now plays a 17 game schedule, not a 16, 14, or 12 gamer.  The NFL is pass-happy.  He's never done anything significant in the post season and never will.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, PerryMason said:

I agree with your assessment of Howell but Kirk Cousins may end up a hall of famer when its all said and done. Hes currently top 8 in quarterback rating, top 25 in passing yards all time, and top 20 in pssing TDs.  He also has the greatest comeback in NFL history. If he plays a few more years hed have a case.  

Yup.  

Regular season QB.  

NOT a great postseason one..

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

2023 Howell is much much better than 2014 Cousins, who had more years and starts under his belt.  I don't think it's outrageous to think he can be better than cousins.  Hard to evaluate a QB with a horrid oline.  Although our 2014 oline was pretty bad too, and when we improved the oline, cousins took off.  Hopefully we see the Sam here.  I'd be bummed if we spent a high pick on a QB when Sam has done well and we have so many other holes.

Just that a comparison between the two is being made is an indication that Howell is playing well for a red foot commie team QB. They both had awful defenses and really bad pass blocking, though. Seems like if one side of the ball is playing well, the other side isn't. For like the last 25 years....

Edited by SpacePenguin
  • Like 1

You put Sam Howell behind the Cowboys line and he’d have the 4 TDs and be eating turkey out of plastic tubs. 

Draft a LT, add a LG in free agency and move Leno to RT. Hope Stromberg can play C.

Lets see what Howell does after a year of experience and work some actual blocking.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

2023 Howell is much much better than 2014 Cousins, who had more years and starts under his belt.  I don't think it's outrageous to think he can be better than cousins.  Hard to evaluate a QB with a horrid oline.  Although our 2014 oline was pretty bad too, and when we improved the oline, cousins took off.  Hopefully we see the Sam here.  I'd be bummed if we spent a high pick on a QB when Sam has done well and we have so many other holes.

That's cool you feel that way.  

I just don't.   I'll trust whatever the new GM and FO want to do.

• Like 1