Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs.The Eagles - Someone is getting their feathers plucked?!?!

zCommander

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Really good half of football. 

Can we all agree Sam can play? He needs a decent game plan and some blocking, but give him that he gives us a chance to win.

Like I keep saying, he's got extreme poise in the pocket.  O-line just needs to give him one. 

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Me too. I literally was going to stay in bed with my dog. I said to myself, “this is silly. Like anything I do down here in Texas is going to have an effect on the game.” I get out of bed, go downstairs, pull up the game on my computer and they’re going for it on fourth down…

Same here, every time I poke my head in, we suck. Might have to walk away from this one so we can ruin our draft position for a win.

Offense can put up 30+ today if they can just clean up a wee bit. No more stupid give away playcalls.

DL needs to start getting more pressure. Philly abandoned the run in the 1st half but I expect em to run more in the 2nd. Im sick of seeing Young run around Hurts.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Really good half of football. 

Can we all agree Sam can play? He needs a decent game plan and some blocking, but give him that he gives us a chance to win.

Just tune out anyone who is hating on Sam at this point in the season. He obviously can play. Really good arm, great poise in the pocket, confidence you can't teach.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 6

3 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Subbing out Gates and Charles has given our offense a chance to be competent 

It’s that and the play calling. I know you argued we’ve already been doing all of these things but you have to admit the screen game, running game, and short passing game (as well as short outlets on plays with deeper options) have been ramped up noticeably today. Which is what we’ve been calling for 

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

I still have 0 faith we'll win this. We only play one good half of football. That was it.

I’m with you…I’m hopefully but haven’t seen anything that this team wins, I mean we were in this exact same spot week 4 and lost 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:

I think every bit of ridicule that has been directed at him has been earned. He is playing good today (he just about threw a pick 6 on the 4-1, thankfully the Philly guy couldn’t catch) but a half of football doesn’t make up for it. 

It’s not all him, but the above average guys figure it out….Jury is still out on if he is average or not IMO. 

I hope he and or the team figure it out because not seeing a Super Bowl win since I was 10 absolutely sucks, but I gotta see more than a few quarters of competent football. 

You do realize this is his first year starting…..right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Just tune out anyone who is hating on Sam at this point in the season. He obviously can play. Really good arm, great poise in the pocket, confidence you can't teach.

I watched the first PHI game replay on NFLN in the early hours, and he put his ass out there to get a 20-yard run, got sacked a bunch, dude's arm was in but Terry's foot wasn't...that kid took it all. 

And damn near beat Jalen Hurts/AJ Brown. 

I love him.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1