Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

12 hours ago, Buddha said:

Since he got demoted to senior advisor, if he gets a promotion in his next job do we get a 3rd round comp pick?

If Washington did get a 3rd for his demotion, it would be a Brillant move by the front office. 

• Thumb up 1

This quote from the Washington Post article about Wright sums it all up -   Should he find his next job before the season ends, the team will support an expedited exit for him, a person familiar with the Commanders’ planning said.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

50 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

This quote from the Washington Post article about Wright sums it all up -   Should he find his next job before the season ends, the team will support an expedited exit for him, a person familiar with the Commanders’ planning said.

Translation: We’ll pack your **** for you

Change of subject, interesting information in this short clip. I’ll have to watch more and see what they say. But this little tidbit makes me feel even better about Brian Johnson.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

. I’ll have to watch more and see what they say. But this little tidbit makes me feel even better about Brian Johnson.

It definitely feels like we're looking past the most recent part of some of our coaches resumes and looking more at their whole body of work and what they still have for potential. 

On the surface, bobby johnson, brian johnson and Scott fitterer are all bad hires in the what have you done for me lately category but I have confidence that our new management team and Dan quinn are pretty good at looking past the surface at the things that may have been out of their control or they were scapegoated on and what they still bring to the table that got them promoted in the first place.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I'm in the minority when I say Jason didn't do that bad a job

He pulled up to the ES tailgate once in his Mercedes and talked to us all. Nice guy. Just got pinned as the scapegoat for much of Dan's ****. So sad.

Sometimes good people do dumb ****.

Zorn was a nice guy, too.

• Thumb up 1

16 hours ago, Conn said:

He’s been downgraded to a “senior advisor” title and is no longer President effective immediately, and will transition out by the end of the season, yes. That’s letting someone leave gracefully who you would otherwise fire. If it was his decision to leave he would have just taken another job while he was still the President. He tried to get the GB CEO job, and didn’t, because he knew this was coming. Wright is probably fine with it because he probably knew it was coming for a long time, but this is absolutely Josh Harris’s decision. 

It took longer than I thought it would.

I see Wright as a mixed bag. It sounds like he had more success at changing the internal workings of the business during Snyder's last days than he did with the public-facing parts of his job. 

In today's business world, you don't get much benefit from staying in one place too long, so I wouldn't be surprised if he has been pushing to move on from the Commanders after a few years. Of course, Josh is going to want his own guy to run the day-to-day, anyway. 

Edited by profusion
  • Like 1

Glad to see Jason gone, and I don’t mind the timing of it. Everybody in the org deserved a chance to prove them selves without Snyder‘s presence hanging over them. That being said, I agree with a lot of the posters saying that many of his blunders were little things that Snyder probably had nothing to do with. The fumigation of all things Snyder is nearly complete now, other than the one glaring item that I’m apparently not supposed to mention.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

The fumigation of all things Snyder is nearly complete now, other than the one glaring item that I’m apparently not supposed to mention.

I don't want ES fumigated. I like that musty smell. It's comforting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Probably.....

Assume away. It's a beloved human pastime. You can only be right or wrong or something else. 😛

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

I don't want ES fumigated. I like that musty smell. It's comforting.

Don't be mean. I can't help it. Old people smell musty. Or musky if they live in a van down by the river.👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, woodpecker said:

True, but I don’t really think Snyder had anything to do with the creation of Extremeskins

He had zero to do with it (and neither did I).

But the one thing that didn't suck about Dan's tenure here, whether by some fortunate circumstance or unawareness of how we (especially me) regarded him in our posted comments, is he never closed this site down.

Hopefully that good fortune continues for years under Harris and company. 🤞

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

But the one thing that didn't suck about Dan's tenure here, whether by some fortunate circumstance or unawareness of how we (especially me) regarded him in our posted comments, is he never closed this site down.

So how much influence does the team have over this site? Other than paying for the domain has anyone ever contacted the mods to offer opinions make requests? Does Harris even know about ES? It would be great if someone told him how important this place is to us fans.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

So how much influence does the team have over this site? Other than paying for the domain has anyone ever contacted the mods to offer opinions make requests? Does Harris even know about ES? It would be great if someone told him how important this place is to us fans.

There's a thread in the tailgate for discussing such stuff. There are quite a few posts in it.

But there is not always an informed answer for every question just upon request.

Safe to say ES and its community has been discussed with Jason but as to how much reached Harris's ears, I don't know

I recommend reading through that thread, though. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

4 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

"..the team will support..."

"Support" in this instance is a polite society euphimism for...

Bbbimage.png.2fccf311b91e5851d221c137bf79d785.png

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

I suspect he was unaware. I think if Snyder had read what we all had to say about him he would’ve shut down the site a long time ago. Hell, the bulk of my lifetime posts until recently were all slamming him. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, woodpecker said:

I suspect he was unaware. I think if Snyder had read what we all had to say about him he would’ve shut down the site a long time ago. Hell, the bulk of my lifetime posts until recently were all slamming him. 😁

Didn't our previous owner say he didn't know how to use email? I suspect he didn't know how to use a computer either. He was such an ID10T.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ntotoro said:

I always assumed Sirianni and Hurts were proverbially up each other's asses. Guess you never know LOL!

Hurts is like Jon Allen. He played under Saban. He thrives off discipline and structure. Sirianni is a clown who gets into shouting matches with

opposing fans and lets a glorified security guard touch another player. I could see Hurts just being fed up with the non sense. Wouldnt shock me if Sirianni is let go at seasons end if they dont at least make an NFC title game. Dude is kind of a clown who is carried by a talented roster. They should’ve went all in on Bellicheck.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Hurts is like Jon Allen. He played under Saban. He thrives off discipline and structure. Sirianni is a clown who gets into shouting matches with

opposing fans and lets a glorified security guard touch another player. I could see Hurts just being fed up with the non sense. Wouldnt shock me if Sirianni is let go at seasons end if they dont at least make an NFC title game. Dude is kind of a clown who is carried by a talented roster. They should’ve went all in on Bellicheck.

They might in 25.

Nick was able to scapegoat his coordinators and got new ones. Eagles fail to make at least an championship game appearance and Nick will be gone.

All 3 of the other nfc east teams, have coaches with uncertain futures. Dan could be the only one left after the season.

• Thumb up 1

Writing was certainly on the wall for Wright after trying to land the GB job.

I won't pile on after Wright offered to pay from his own pocket to keep the doors open here. The man has dang near brought my silence in regards to himself.

I will say that this would be a sensible and effective maneuver to quash certain low hanging fruit complaints that would 100% arise in the future about specific actions involving this org.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

16 hours ago, RVAskins said:

Didn't our previous owner say he didn't know how to use email? I suspect he didn't know how to use a computer either. He was such an ID10T.

I'm pretty sure it was more the case he didn't want to use email. What someone claims you said in a phone call is deniable, but something in writing from your own email account is much more difficult to refute.

• Like 1