Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

27 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

DQ navigates this morning's media breakfast free for all  like a boss...

(Interview begins @3:07)

The difference in Quinn and RR is immense. Its as if Quinn has a plan and that plan is shared with the rest of the organization, everyone seems to be in lockstep with the vision, truly a breath of fresh air. There appears to be a reason behind every player decision that is thought out and gels with the overall team and the scheme they want to run. Liked how he talked about overall scheme yet willing to adjust it to suit individual player strengths. Exciting stuff!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

The difference in Quinn and RR is immense. Its as if Quinn has a plan and that plan is shared with the rest of the organization, everyone seems to be in lockstep with the vision, truly a breath of fresh air. There appears to be a reason behind every player decision that is thought out and gels with the overall team and the scheme they want to run. Liked how he talked about overall scheme yet willing to adjust it to suit individual player strengths. Exciting stuff!

In Rivera's defense he just had way too much on his plate. I think he'd have had more success(though not that much more)if he could have just focused on being a coach like Quinn gets to.

Just a heads up that it's that time of year again fro the ES Mock Draft. We draft for all 32 teams in the order of the real draft. No real purpose other than to test your skill at drafing. This will be my 9th year and we have fun every time! 

We have a few teams that need GMs. If you have any desire to try your hand at being GM of a team, let @COWBOY-KILLA- (the comissioner) or myself know, either IM us or post in the Mock Draft thread pinned in the Stadium. We have at least 2 teams in need of GM. There is room for more as several of us are manageing several teams. 

Picks and rounds are timed to allow for overseas GMs. It will take about 2 weeks to finish. Trades are Ok but only draft picks no players.

We start Friday! Hope to see you! 

• Like 2

Pretty cool to hear Harris say yesterday that Quinn and Peters were on their way to go meet the architect working on the renovation of the current training facilities. He’s letting them dictate what they need/want for their guys and it’s getting done. No ignorant middle men making decisions that make you go “whoever designed this never talked to a football player or football person in their life”, just our GM and HC making their needs and preferences known.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 11
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, lavar1156 said:

So it sounds like the practice facility will remain in Ashburn?

They’re just renovating the current one. Harris said he sees multiple options for the future practice facility in play and doesn’t think it has to go in the same place as the stadium, necessarily. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Conn said:

Pretty cool to hear Harris say yesterday that Quinn and Peters were on their way to go meet the architect working on the renovation of the current training facilities. He’s letting them dictate what they need/want for their guys and it’s getting done. No ignorant middle men making decisions that make you go “whoever designed this never talked to a football player or football person in their life”, just our GM and HC making their needs and preferences known.

Also great because they can draw on their experiences across Seattle, Atlanta, Dallas, New England, Denver, and San Francisco to think about what they liked from each and what they didn’t like.

Two great people to steer those decisions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Roger Goodell tells JP Finlay he wants a new stadium at the RFK site...

Definitely feels like that’s the #1 option for Harris as well, but because they’re waiting on political machinations to make it possible he’s also working on the other two options—in good faith, but also as leverage for DC and as fallback plans in case the bill is not signed and the land never becomes available (though it seems likely to happen now—something that never would have been possible under Snyder). 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

16 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

In Rivera's defense he just had way too much on his plate. I think he'd have had more success(though not that much more)if he could have just focused on being a coach like Quinn gets to.

True, but it's Rivera who piled his plate that high.

He wanted all that position and power. Rather than strengthen his steering of the team, it actually diminished it because he had too much on his hands so that coaching just became one of the side jobs.

I'm glad the new regime thinks differently. 

4 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

He wanted all that position and power. Rather than strengthen his steering of the team, it actually diminished it because he had too much on his hands so that coaching just became one of the side jobs.

My biggest gripe with Rivera is that he stood with his arms folded while EB completely botched the development of Sam Howell.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

He had 2 GMs and 2 Asst HCs and said he gets to just hang out in the linebackers room. 

Yeah, that plate had the crumbs of a ham sandwich on it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He had 2 GMs and 2 Asst HCs and said he gets to just hang out in the linebackers room. 

Yeah, that plate had the crumbs of a ham sandwich on it.

We had a linebackers room? I guess that was the empty closet at the end of the hall

• Haha 3

Dont really know where to put this. So I will put it here. Interesting that the NFL is selling single game rights now. Used to be the networks paid billions for the rights to all of the games. I am sensing a future where you have no idea what type of media you are going to have to use to watch your teams. Not really sure I like where this is heading.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Dont really know where to put this. So I will put it here. Interesting that the NFL is selling single game rights now. Used to be the networks paid billions for the rights to all of the games. I am sensing a future where you have no idea what type of media you are going to have to use to watch your teams. Not really sure I like where this is heading.

The Warner Bros Discovery-Disney-Fox sports bundle will simplify a lot. Then it's just NBC, Amazon, and CBS remaining. And Paramount Global (CBS) is going to get swallowed up by someone soon, anyway. 

The bundle is reconstituting itself in streaming, but will take a little bit of time to shake out.

I know what NBC paid to have the Wild Card games on Pea**** and even at that price tag, it was highly valuable for them. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I know what NBC paid to have the Wild Card games on Pea**** and even at that price tag, it was highly valuable for them.

Not sure it was really valuable to the league though. They took a ton of flak for that game from fans. 

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Not sure it was really valuable to the league though. They took a ton of flak for that game from fans. 

The League got the $$$. And while fans ****ed & moaned, they watched.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

The Warner Bros Discovery-Disney-Fox sports bundle will simplify a lot. Then it's just NBC, Amazon, and CBS remaining. And Paramount Global (CBS) is going to get swallowed up by someone soon, anyway. 

The bundle is reconstituting itself in streaming, but will take a little bit of time to shake out.

"The Warner Bros Discovery-Disney-Fox sports bundle..."

Do you know if the Disney portion includes ESPN/ESON+ and if Warner Bros includes Max/HBO?

If so, depending on price, that would be a very enticing package.

38 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

"The Warner Bros Discovery-Disney-Fox sports bundle..."

Do you know if the Disney portion includes ESPN/ESON+ and if Warner Bros includes Max/HBO?

If so, depending on price, that would be a very enticing package.

From what I understand it's just the sports programming, so the ESPN/ESPN+ broadcasts and I image ditto the TNT broadcasts. As for library programming and other stuff on ESPN, I'm not sure. Also they have yet to announce pricing. But as a cord cutter, I'm pretty interested and will likely check it out.

• Thanks 1