Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

On 3/3/2024 at 9:10 PM, Koolblue13 said:

That was the Dan Plan. 

I'll skip that name intentionally. 

Yes, and he was going to refer to himself as the "Commander in Chief." Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.

In other news, the Junkies this morning were speculating as to whether the 'Ders should trade down in the draft and sign Justin Fields from the Bears. 😱

Adam Peters at the combine.

Portrait of a natural people's person....

Favorite moment:

@4:50

Wise old coach to Adam: "I'll give you one word of advice...Mr Rooney used to always say, 'Let it simmer'. Don't make a quick decision..."

Sound advice for all of us, especially between now and the draft.

Let it simmer.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Favorite moment:

@4:55

Wise old coach to Adam: "I'll give you one word of advice...Mr Rooney used to always say, 'Let it simmer'. Don't make a quick decision..."

Let it simmer.

He says the word Man a lot doesn’t he. Was Chris Paul stalking him. I actually think we will take a long look at Patrick Paul in the draft.

Got to say though, the guy is well connected. Along with Quinn we finally have a great rep across the league and into the college game. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Favorite moment:

@4:55

Let it simmer.

I may be having a brain fart here but who is klein and how did we steal his defensive coordinator?

When I Google klein and cowboys the only thing that comes up is a smoking hot cheerleader.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 3/7/2024 at 12:54 PM, redskinss said:

I may be having a brain fart here but who is klein and how did we steal his defensive coordinator?

When I Google klein and cowboys the only thing that comes up is a smoking hot cheerleader.

Just a guess, but I think Klein was one of the scouts within earshot in the background when Peters made that statement to the older coach.

If you watch it closely you'll notice the bearded guy on the left react right after Adam says "Klein". I think that's probably him.

I believe that Adam was lightly teasing Klein, rather than bragging about stealing a coach.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

Yup...youre right...

I had to check, for you know, the sake of....science?

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 3/7/2024 at 11:34 AM, CommanderInTheRye said:

Favorite moment:

@4:50

Let it simmer.

We're in the cool kids clique now!

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Bob Myers explains his role for the Commanders at the 2024 NFL combine

This is really good stuff from Myers. Harris values critical thinkers, which is why they are both outstanding leaders. Myers wasn’t there to step on Peters or Quinn but to give them an extra sounding board. For instance, if someone came out of one of those interviews believing that the player was their guy, Myers was there to remind them that a 15-minute period isn’t enough to make a complete determination.

Leadership isn’t an issue for the Commanders anymore.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Odd to spend the morning in the office “collaborating”, discussing the state of the team, which was all about how bare Ron left the cupboard.  

Stop in Golfdom in Tyson’s at lunch, and who is in the back clearance section checking out 3 woods?

Ron Rivera.

Auto pilot took over and I just blurted out “Ron Rivera, nice to meet you” and he said it was nice to meet me too and extended his hand for a handshake.  I said “figured you’d be in Pebble” and he responded that he was and will be as “that’s home”.

$40M earned here, and he’s shopping for used clubs like me.

Moral of the story, people are fake.  People being me.  Spent all morning crapping on the job he did here, a few minutes later I see him and tell him it was nice to meet him.  🤣

He was very nice.  Also, he carries a Louis V man purse.  Dick Butkus rolling in his grave.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Odd to spend the morning in the office “collaborating”, discussing the state of the team, which was all about how bare Ron left the cupboard.  

Stop in Golfdom in Tyson’s at lunch, and who is in the back clearance section checking out 3 woods?

Ron Rivera.

Auto pilot took over and I just blurted out “Ron Rivera, nice to meet you” and he said it was nice to meet me too and extended his hand for a handshake.  I said “figured you’d be in Pebble” and he responded that he was and will be as “that’s home”.

$40M earned here, and he’s shopping for used clubs like me.

Moral of the story, people are fake.  People being me.  Spent all morning crapping on the job he did here, a few minutes later I see him and tell him it was nice to meet him.  🤣

He was very nice.  Also, he carries a Louis V man purse.  Dick Butkus rolling in his grave.

No selfies?:)

:229:The Rook