Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

16 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I am relieved that Peters hired Lance Newmark from the Lions to be the Assistant GM.

If I was the owner I would tell Peters to let Hurney and Mayhew hit the road.

Hurney's new title will be Advisory Role whatever that means and Mayhew will be Senior Personnel Executive

and Advisor to Peters.  I hope Peters doesn't feel that he must work with Mayhew just because they worked in SF together.

You probably do not need either one of them.  I hope after next year Peters will re-evaluate their work to see how much

they are contributing to the front office.

In fairness to Mayhew we dont really know what players he recommended to Ron and Ron just straight up ignored him either. That is the problem with a coach who controls player acquisitions imo. 

• Like 9

Just now, clskinsfan said:

In fairness to Mayhew we dont really know what players he recommended to Ron and Ron just straight up ignored him either. That is the problem with a coach who controls player acquisitions imo. 

I agree, he likely got talked over all of the time. Some of that is evident in the draft war room footage.

• Like 4

Funny we've got all these guys and Brian Johnson is STILL TBD.  We don't know what we want him to do, but though why the hell not?  Bring another guy in.  I really hope we do this exact thing with the scouting department.  We need as many of those guys at a quality level as coaches.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lovi said:

Funny we've got all these guys and Brian Johnson is STILL TBD.  We don't know what we want him to do, but though why the hell not?  Bring another guy in.  I really hope we do this exact thing with the scouting department.  We need as many of those guys at a quality level as coaches.

Can there ever be too many Johnsons on a team?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I am relieved that Peters hired Lance Newmark from the Lions to be the Assistant GM.

If I was the owner I would tell Peters to let Hurney and Mayhew hit the road.

Hurney's new title will be Advisory Role whatever that means and Mayhew will be Senior Personnel Executive

and Advisor to Peters.  I hope Peters doesn't feel that he must work with Mayhew just because they worked in SF together.

You probably do not need either one of them.  I hope after next year Peters will re-evaluate their work to see how much

they are contributing to the front office.

I wonder if the Martys are being retained for now to help with decisions on who to resign.  They could help with character traits and some of the behind the scenes stuff for guys like curl. James Smith Williams, obada etc

Then once summertime hits they could be relieved of their duties.

Steve wilks is now available. at the rate we're going, Maybe we can talk him into assistant to the assistant of the d line

Watch 

10 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Man, Steve Wilks got fired in SF. Hold Mahomes to under 20 in Super Bowl regulation and lose your job. Tough industry.

Kyle got animated in the headset during the game a few times. Broadcasters said he changed Wilks calls a couple of times late in game. Who knows what really went on

• Like 2

Commanders hire Anthony Lynn to staff, finalize front office

[...] "Mayhew had been the Commanders' GM the past three seasons and now will be a senior personnel executive/adviser to his replacement, Peters. They worked together for four years in San Francisco. Mayhew also worked with Newmark for 15 seasons in Detroit, including the last eight when he was the Lions' GM

Adding Newmark gives Washington another experienced voice in the front office. He spent the past 26 years with the Lions, rising from an assistant in the personnel department to becoming their senior director of player personnel, where he helped oversee both the college and pro scouting operations. He was considered a key assistant to Detroit's executive vice president and GM Brad Holmes, who built a team that reached the NFC Championship Game this season.

Newmark survived three regime changes in Detroit. He was a national scout for three years and Detroit's scouting director for two years. He was the team's director of player personnel from 2016-21. Newmark interviewed for Detroit's GM opening before the Lions hired Holmes in 2021."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39524847/commanders-add-anthony-lynn-coaching-staff-source-says

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

Watch 

Kyle got animated in the headset during the game a few times. Broadcasters said he changed Wilks calls a couple of times late in game. Who knows what really went on

I could be wrong, but didn’t they send pressure on a key play late on to which even Romo on commentary said ‘you can’t do that’….

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I could be wrong, but didn’t they send pressure on a key play late on to which even Romo on commentary said ‘you can’t do that’….

I don't know, but anybody who watched that game know that they didn't lose because of a bad defensive scheme. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Yes, the next play is when they showed Kyle blowing up. Romo said he took them out of cover 0

Honestly i thought they Defended KC about as well as could be. Defense didn’t fumble or turn it over lol

Edited by ANONYMOUS SOURCE.
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So what job does Mayhew have exactly? 

Does it really matter.  Mayhew should be lucky that he still employed at this point and the only reason he is because of his relationship with Peters.  As long as he has nothing to do with roster construction, I don't care

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Man, Steve Wilks got fired in SF. Hold Mahomes to under 20 in Super Bowl regulation and lose your job. Tough industry.

Terrible decision, SF defense played lights out. Shanahan should fire himself. He's the problem. He's the one who has now massively choked in 3 Super Bowls.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

14 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So what job does Mayhew have exactly? 

He's probably been knee deep in evaluations and grading to this point re the draft, free agents and our own roster. He's the continuity guy who can explain why/how we have the grades we have on players, help with some self scouting and explain logic (to the extent there is any) around decisions that got us to where we are.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's on a short term lease until after the draft.

• Like 6