Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

6 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

So with Ron Rivera now gone and probably not rehired as a coordinator Doofus Dan's streak is finally going to be finalized. This team has been so bad that no head coach hired by Snyder since Marty Schottenheimer has ever been hired as a HC or even a OC or DC position.

That is quite the achievement!

I love a good dan bashing like anyone. But your statemenbt is not exactly accurate: After Marty: 

Steve Spurrier - went back to college as a HC and was extermely successful resurrecting a SC program that was very pedestrian - it was Lou Holtz last years. Spurrier had a .671 winning %. He was not loking for a NFL job.

Joe Gibbs - He retired. Was not looking for a football job. Went back to racing. He could have had a job if he wanted it. 

Jim Zorn - Not a OC but a QBs coach for the Ravens and Chiefs - He really should never have been a HC. I give you that. But he was back in coaching after here. 

Mike Shannahan - Took a year out of fotoball afdter Dewnver before being hired by Dan. But then retired so was not looking for a NFL job. He could have had a job if he really wanted it. 

Jay Gruden - OC for Jacksonville and an Offensive Consultant for the Rams in 2022

Bill Callahan - He was just an interim coach - and he went back to be an offensive line coach for ther Browns and and now with the Titans. So back into the NFL as a coach. 

Ron Rivera - He just got fired. Still a lot of time. Probably not for DC this year. But who knows. He is very well respected in the NFL even if the fans here hate him. 

Again, I hate Dan S with every fiber of my being. He stole almost 30 yrs of fandome from me with his bull****. Total pond scum. But the narrative that none of his HCs got hired anywhere else is misleading at best. Some did and others simply did not want to coach any more. 

Moving on to the new coaches - I like it. KK is an interested  hre. Know as a offesnive guy but have never actually been an OC except 1 yr at Tewxas A&M. But has been a HC in both college and the NFL. Whitt is an unknown but Quin  clearly thinks very highly of him. And he knows they can work together. That's important. 

Again, I will keep saying it, Quin was not my first choice. In fact I was hating the idea early. But I think I am coming around - at least to luke warm.  

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, SkinsFanPA said:

Some of you are still talking about Ben Johnson?  Why?  He's a non-factor at this point, move on...

Because we want to make sure his lack of professionalism is not seen as a stain on our new regime’s reputation.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

52 minutes ago, SkinsFanPA said:

Some of you are still talking about Ben Johnson?  Why?  He's a non-factor at this point, move on...

I don't understand what a retired, disgraced sprinter ever had to do with our football team to begin with.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

I love a good dan bashing like anyone. But your statemenbt is not exactly accurate: After Marty: 

Steve Spurrier - went back to college as a HC and was extermely successful resurrecting a SC program that was very pedestrian - it was Lou Holtz last years. Spurrier had a .671 winning %. He was not loking for a NFL job.

Joe Gibbs - He retired. Was not looking for a football job. Went back to racing. He could have had a job if he wanted it. 

Jim Zorn - Not a OC but a QBs coach for the Ravens and Chiefs - He really should never have been a HC. I give you that. But he was back in coaching after here. 

Mike Shannahan - Basically came out of retirement to coach Washington. Retired again so was not looking for a NFL job. He could have had a job if he really wanted it. 

Jay Gruden - OC for Jacksonville and an Offensive Consultant for the Rams in 2022

Bill Callahan - He was just an interim coach - and he went back to be an offensive line coach for ther Browns and and now with the Titans. So back into the NFL as a coach. 

Ron Rivera - He just got fired. Still a lot of time. Probably not for DC this year. But who knows. He is very well respected in the NFL even if the fans here hate him. 

Again, I hate Dan S with every fiber of my being. He stole almost 30 yrs of fandome from me with his bull****. Total pond scum. But the narrative that none of his HCs got hired anywhere else is misleading at best. Some did and others simply did not want to coach any more. 

Moving on to the new coaches - I like it. KK is an interested  hre. Know as a offesnive guy but have never actually been an OC except 1 yr at Tewxas A&M. But has been a HC in both college and the NFL. Whitt is an unknown but Quin  clearly thinks very highly of him. And he knows they can work together. That's important. 

Again, I will keep saying it, Quin was not my first choice. In fact I was hating the idea early. But I think I am coming around - at least to luke warm.  

Shanny didn’t retire. He was fired from Denver after the 2008 season. He took a year off was pursed by Dan and Buffalo during the fall of 2009. Dan landed him for 2010 season.

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

Shanny didn’t retire. He was fired from Denver after the 2008 season. He took a year off was pursed by Dan and Buffalo during the fall of 2009. Dan landed him for 2010 season.

I think he meant Shanahan retired after coaching Washington.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Fair, he was no in retirement when Dan hired him but he did retire after Washington. Point remains he was not looknig for a job. But good job, you found one mistake. 

Edited by goskins10

53 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Shanahan never officially retired, AFAIK. He was a victim of the Reverse Car Wash Syndrome in DC, and still had the Stench Of Snyder oozing from his pores. No one would touch him after that. I'll bet Shanny regrets not taking the Buffalo job in 2009...

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The one thing that I keep reading about Kingsbury that truly makes me nervous is that in all his years of being an OC, all years in college and all years in the NFL (where he was HC/OC) is that in every single year, the back half of the season his offense was stonewalled by opposing defenses.  They fell off a cliff because, it's been posited, that opposing defenses figured out how to stop him every year as the season went on and Kliff had no answer for this.

One or two years is one thing.  But when it happens every single year college and pro, it makes me worry.  

I'd love for someone to ask him about this when he has his first question/answer period with the press.  'Cause it's a pretty big matzo ball hangin' out there.  🤔

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Redwards said:

The one thing that I keep reading about Kingsbury that truly makes me nervous is that in all his years of being an OC, all years in college and all years in the NFL (where he was HC/OC) is that in every single year, the back half of the season his offense was stonewalled by opposing defenses.  They fell off a cliff because, it's been posited, that opposing defenses figured out how to stop him every year as the season went on and Kliff had no answer for this.

One or two years is one thing.  But when it happens every single year college and pro, it makes me worry.  

I'd love for someone to ask him about this when he has his first question/answer period with the press.  'Cause it's a pretty big matzo ball hangin' out there.  🤔

Just our of curiosity.  I didnt do any research.   Does this mean that Kliff’s offense was effective at the start of most season until it gets figured out?   If that is the case, maybe just focusing on offense only and not the whole team will give him time to continue progressing and developing his offense during the season.

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

This is the kind of unhinged lunacy I reward.

u3x6dad8.jpg.37e27f54c0904f8c1dbd6c9c57bd823f.jpg

While we are at it… after we get Mahomes, the Walrus will be soon to follow because why would Mahomes come here if Walrus isnt coming isn’t right?

8 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

Just our of curiosity.  I didnt do any research.   Does this mean that Kliff’s offense was effective at the start of most season until it gets figured out?   If that is the case, maybe just focusing on offense only and not the whole team will give him time to continue progressing and developing his offense during the season.

Yeah.   His offenses did great the first half or so of the year, but then just flamed out.   Can't help but hope that he and Quinn are well aware of this issue.

17 minutes ago, Redwards said:

hes got to prove himself or we replace him. big benefit is he knows some of these qbs we're going to have a shot at with our #2. This pick is the biggest decision to make

1 hour ago, Dah-Dee said:

Everybody retired after Snyder, because nobody wanted them anymore. Oh, except for Jay Gruden for 1 year when he took that dead man walking job in Jax

3 hours ago, SkinsFanPA said:

Because we want the God of karma to rain frogs down on his house and give him gonorrhea.