Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Is it Jerruh or Jerrah? 

I always thought it was Jerrah.  

Gotta make sure we pay the man his dues and spell his name correctly. 

Asking the real questions here.

I'm gonna go with Jurrah like Cleveland on Family Guy calls guys named Terry....Turry

image.thumb.png.df783e7d36217349f68a60056b913a5b.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

If we needed ammo to move up…I’d understand it more. But we don’t need to move anywhere. 

I agree with your first point but this point could become an issue if we want to move up to the #1 overall pick for Williams. You can bet the Bears are gonna ask about Allen or Payne as part of the deal, at least that's what some proposed deals I've seen have mentioned. I know those proposed deals are bull**** but I bet we'd consider dealing Allen and the #2 to move up to #1 if that was the Bears asking price. Doesn't mean we'd do it though....

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

I read the Yahoo! article about the search and Johnson. So lame. She talks about the Commanders putting it out that he had a bad first interview, wasn’t at the top of the list, and withdrew because he wasn’t getting the job. 

Yet, prior to flightgate, Schefter said to not be surprised if he doesn’t get the job. So the idea that this was a result of his no-show is rather weak.

Then she makes the excuse that Johnson wasn’t in the “right headspace to make a decision about his future.” Were the Commanders supposed to give him more time while Seattle was making their decision. Probably a good time to discuss the challenges/problems with the hiring cycle. But no, she didn’t mention that.

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-is-there-drama-between-the-commanders-and-lions-oc-ben-johnson-201701577.html

2 years ago they changed interviewing.

You had to wait until after wild card to do in person interviews. This year it was changed to after divisional round. 

I think next year, they will push it to after championship games.

9 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Deserve has nothing to do with it. Coaches have relationships. Just like everyone else. If you are going to stake your career on someone you want it to be someone you know and trust. 

Yeah I get you want someone you can trust, but we’ve been complaining about the Bruce Allen connections and the Ron Rivera connections for the last decade.  I was simply hoping for a very thorough process where the best young minds were assembled to finally rebuild this train wreck organization.

Hopefully, we’ll see, maybe, cross my fingers, if, could be Quinn is the guy, and Kingsbury finally figures out play sequencing, and Peters drafts talent, but count me among those not enthused about a Dan Quinn Kliff Kingsbury offense with the Andy Reids and Kyle Shanahans running the league. 

6 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Josh can sleep now. He hired the people to take care of things and he can enjoy the ride.

I listened to the Sirianni/Roseman presser last week (or two ago) and watched today's presser with the Commies. The difference was night and day....Quinn presented as having a clear plan and is in sync with the GM/ownership....Sirianni and Roseman had no answers, dodged questions and basically said they're counting on the new OC hire to save the franchise from sinking. I get that any new hire is going to sound fresh and great compared to a team that lost 5 of their last 6 games but I really do believe our organization is going to catch Philly fast given the hires we've made. Quinn is a breath of fresh air and it's gonna resonate....the players will trust him and buy in. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I would prefer Quinn call the defense and still be the head coach.  Like with Joe Gibbs he was the Head Coach and still called the plays.

Quinn said advice after getting fired was don't spread himself too thin...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Caleb might want to come here but will the team want him?

Something tells me, we might not have the same interest in the diva; even with Kliff here. Kliff spent a year and he knows the real story of Caleb. Maybe he tells the team to avoid him. Or maybe he says we should trade up.

13 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

You are wrong. Quite simply wrong.

About what sir?  It’s impossible for anybody to be “right or wrong” at this point. This is a subjective debate about perception and merit and whether it has been effectively adjudicated to hire a coaching staff. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

As an African American hearing crap like this is embarrassing.

As a fellow Black man it's embarrassing to read your take. There was not a lie in one syllable in Stephen A. 'My Inner Volume Button is Broken' Smith's take. Kliff hasn't done **** for real, except to be adjacent to 2 decent Black quarterbacks who aren't being forced to run routes at the draft ala Lamar Jackson.  Have you heard of the Rooney Rule and why it exists? I dare say if Eric Bienemy was Eric Wisenflux he'd have another job by week's end. Two very mediocre former head coaches were the favorites (annointed by the media) to get our OC spot  ; Kliff and Chip Kelly (who coincidentally would be fired from his current gig if the buyout wasn't so expensive).

Adding the caveat 'as an African American' doesn't make your st..st..st dumb ass take any more truthful.  It's shameful because it lacks facts... nuance... and common sense. For every Tomlin there's a Dungy... and so on...

A simple Google search before you hit send would have helped you out a ton.  Smh..

'As an African American...'  smh

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

Some Maroon on Around the Horn just said basically that he didn't understand why Quinn felt the need to bring in a scrub like Kingsbury when he already have the totally proven Eric Bieniemy!

I saw that.  Truly amazing scorcher of a take.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I still can't figure out why a coach would WANT to be GM too, considering how much time it takes away from actual coaching. It's good that Quinn seems fine about it...and of course the GM will involve him in the player selection process anyway...which all teams should be doing, unless you're the Cowboys. I heard on the radio that coach McCarthy and Dak Prescott weren't even aware that Jerruh had traded for Justin Fields until they saw him in the locker room one morning...another example of why the Cowboys will never win anything with Jerruh running the team.

I think you meant Trey Lance not Justin Fields.

• Thanks 1

KK is really the only hire I’m not on board with. I’m excited for Quinn, Whitt, the dude from the raiders etc. But I was hoping for someone from shanahan’s tree. Never been impressed with KK or his resume. 

And it makes me sad to hear DQ won’t be calling plays - I thought one piece of advice he got previously was retaining that cuz he’s the best at it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, klwilkins1977 said:

As a fellow Black man it's embarrassing to read your take. There was not a lie in one syllable in Stephen A. 'My Inner Volume Button is Broken' Smith's take. Kliff hasn't done **** for real, except to be adjacent to 2 decent Black quarterbacks who aren't being forced to run routes at the draft ala Lamar Jackson.  Have you heard of the Rooney Rule and why it exists? I dare say if Eric Bienemy was Eric Wisenflux he'd have another job by week's end. Two very mediocre former head coaches were the favorites (annointed by the media) to get our OC spot  ; Kliff and Chip Kelly (who coincidentally would be fired from his current gig if the buyout wasn't so expensive).

Adding the caveat 'as an African American' doesn't make your st..st..st dumb ass take any more truthful.  It's shameful because it lacks facts... nuance... and common sense. For every Tomlin there's a Dungy... and so on...

A simple Google search before you hit send would have helped you out a ton.  Smh..

'As an African American...'  smh

If you hit the top right arrow you will see that I didn't make that comment. I don't know what happened to that post that showed the comment. All I did was embed an X tweet that was showing from Rapaport that Magic Johnson had a hand in picking up Kinsbury. Don't put words in my mouth when I didn't say anything 

13 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

About what sir?  It’s impossible for anybody to be “right or wrong” at this point. This is a subjective debate about perception and merit and whether it has been effectively adjudicated to hire a coaching staff. 

Because Kliff wasnt permanently successful at a previous stop or from a specific coaching tree now means he is not worth hiring? He was only hired because he is white and the media likes him? How stupid are you? And Joe Whitt was only hired because he knows Dan? Really? He has no qualifications? Really? You must do no research except listening to the dumbest loudmouth on television. This sort of stupidity is shameful and an exact example of the problems in todays society. It is exactly why we are dealing with such idiocy as reverse racism and BLM!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I don’t want to trade Allen/Payne/TMac. 

The players that we draft with those picks will not be as good as those guys. 

If we needed ammo to move up…I’d understand it more. But we don’t need to move anywhere. 

Agree 100%

I know there's no room for sentimentality in business, but I can't help thinking that the good soldiers who went through the hard times and stood strong in the chaos  deserve to be part of our return to prosperity.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, klwilkins1977 said:

Want to know what Caleb's USC teammates thinks about him and his leadership?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.marca.com/en/ncaa/2023/12/31/6590f4fcca474109248b4577.html

Screenshot_20240205_182755_Chrome.jpg

I gurantee that will have absolutely no impact on him going first overall. The kid is baller, and they are examples of several great athletes who most consider a holes on a personal level. Aaron has been called a diva on more than one occassion. I'm sure I would have choice words for my QB if he were living the NIL life while I was still using Uber. The eval should be based on talent and there's so much misinformation right now you have to be careful, 

Edited by NOLA2DC
typo

25 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Nvm I’m dumb

Edited by CobraCommander

Question for folks in the know.....how big is our scouting department?? I heard Peters mention that no changes to the FO or scouting through the draft.  I was just curious how many scouts we have out there and if anyone has any information on them good or bad.  

Just now, NOLA2DC said:

I gurantee that will have absolutely no impact on him going first overall. The kid is baller, and they are examples of several great athletes who most consider a holes on a personal level. Aaron has been called a diva on more than one occassion. I'm sure I would have choice words for my 

I don't know.....After all of the background checks and interviews are completed and you add it all up it could be a difference maker. This franchise needs to nail this pick and if there are enough red flags on CW then it may make a difference same as it did with Ben Johnson supposedly being a bad interview for head coach. For example, I can see Jayden Daniels for example just nailing the interviews and background check where CW may not. Is that enough to sway the pick? 

11 minutes ago, klwilkins1977 said:

Want to know what Caleb's USC teammates think about him and his leadership?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.marca.com/en/ncaa/2023/12/31/6590f4fcca474109248b4577.html

Screenshot_20240205_182755_Chrome.jpg

I can't read the article, but I don't have to. He seems like a primadonna and we don't need that headache. Take Drake and you don't have to worry about that or character issues. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb down 1

8 minutes ago, moondog said:

KK is really the only hire I’m not on board with. I’m excited for Quinn, Whitt, the dude from the raiders etc. But I was hoping for someone from shanahan’s tree. Never been impressed with KK or his resume. 

And it makes me sad to hear DQ won’t be calling plays - I thought one piece of advice he got previously was retaining that cuz he’s the best at it. 

Call Joe Whitt Jr. as Quinn's mini me.  It's all good.  Jason Simmons who worked under Whitt is interviewing so maybe no Al Harris and Simmon's resume is very good!  

52 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Amen!  Joe Whitt is a nepotism hire. Is he the best man for the job? Maybe, probably, since he’s one of Dan’ guys. But he is an unknown, being given a shot, I don’t care that he’s black.  So that’s a plus.  

Whitt spent most of his career to date with the Packers. His connections with Quinn only started in 2020 with the Falcons. He obviously made a great impression because Quinn hired him when he became DC in Dallas. But it’s a pretty recent association. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1