Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, FlyBigBeard said:

I don't understand why we are keeping around all these guys, Should of cleaned house after the season, why have two GMs? And why are we still dealing with Eric. Day one should of been to clean house and let them get another job or sit at home. 

Mayhew is probably helping out with the draft and other administrative stuff. He worked with Peters in SF and they have a good relationship. He'll get shown the door after the draft when there will likely be an overhaul of scouts and other FO people. You can't do that now with the legwork of the draft already mostly done.

EB will be shown the door by like tomorrow or Wednesday. KK was JUST announced. LIkely that EB has already been told behind closed doors.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I cannot and will not pretend that I am super excited now after being initially melancholy on Quinn.

But I just saw Quinn walk in to the Command Post and I think he seems like a cool guy.

That does not mean I am convinced. I was never out and I was never in. His actions will be what determines my ultimately feeling.

But at least he seems like someone I can support.

• Like 11
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I would have balked too if I were a first time GM and owner. Guy is an unproven, rookie head coach demanding a 6(!) year contract and who knows how much $$$. No guarantee he lives up to it. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I cannot and will not pretend that I am super excited now after being initially melancholy on Quinn.

But I just saw Quinn walk in to the Command Post and I think he seems like a cool guy.

That does not mean I am convinced. I was never out and I was never in. His actions will be what determines my ultimately feeling.

But at least he seems like someone I can support.

Same. There are enough positives to generate support for him. Be very interesting to see what tone he sets in the coming weeks.

2 minutes ago, profusion said:

A first-time HC candidate asking for the moon after just one year as a coordinator might have struck Josh the wrong way. I see him as a fairly risky hire, actually.

Yeah I agree. Its easy to say "pay him whatever he wants" but you have to set limits or you risk setting bad precedents and that's not something Harris can do being a newbie owner.

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

KDawg single-handedly bringing back "Stay Medium". I like it.

I mean I don’t have an opinion. Underwhelmed. But hard to say he stinks. Not excited about how his defenses have collapsed at the end of seasons but, also believe in second chances. 

Hard for me to really take a stand on this either way.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I agree. Its easy to say "pay him whatever he wants" but you have to set limits or you risk setting bad precedents and that's not something Harris can do being a newbie owner.

I think Josh could have done it, even as a new owner. However, it gives off the vibe of a guy who thinks entirely too much of himself without the experience to support it.

I don't know enough about him to have an educated opinion about whether that's actually the case, but a rookie HC is always a risk. He obviously wanted to be in Seattle, and he's in Seattle. Case closed, I guess.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I can't get excited for this ****, I'm sorry.  Been here too many times before...and I know, I know, I know, this isn't a Snyder hire.  

I just keep seeing the dude who blew a 28-3 lead to Tom Brady and the Patriots...just with another stooge at his side.  I sure hope Kliff'em All is the QB whisperer who everyone says he is, lord knows we're about 35 years overdue in needing one.

I don't even know who the defensive coordinator is, I saw the alert come in on my phone that we hired someone who I'm sure will be making us pine for the Joe Berry days come early November.  

I just can't do it.  I'd love to hear why I should think we're turning a corner and why we're in a good spot outside of having the #2 pick.  if "SPIFF, DRAFT PICKS!!!" is all you have to be excited about, don't @ me. 

Talent management.

Simple as that really.  Had Ron kept Kyle instead of trying to be GM, he could very well likely still have a job.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, Kalu44 said:

Out-bid, or simply did not want him bad enough to cave to his ridiculous demands of 6yrs and record breaking $$ for a first time HC?

I got the impression reading those articles that they were OK with either MacDonald and Quinn.  So they didn't feel compelled to meet any demand that they found to be too much.  Harris by reputation spares no expense on anything especially coaches and FO people.  So if they thought he was the be all and end all they'd have topped Seattle's offer.

This is assuing an offer was even made.  No one said that I can recall aside from a Lions blogger and Florio that they made an offer to Johnson.   Clear as a bell that no offer was made to him.

As to Macdonald its much more fuzzy.  Some saying yes some saying no.  But at a minimum they clearly had an interest in Macdonald late in the process.  Some might recall the discussion the day before Macdonald was hired, I said listening to Keim's podcast it felt 50-50 between Quinn and Macdonald to them.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I mean I don’t have an opinion. Underwhelmed. But hard to say he stinks. Not excited about how his defenses have collapsed at the end of seasons but, also believe in second chances. 

Hard for me to really take a stand on this either way.

1520158808739?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=w0U8

• Haha 3

Hard to get truly bent over any hiring after we all ignored a high school coach was in charge of our secondary while historically bad.

I have nothing against Quinn more just the league wide practice of recycling the same coaches over and over and over.