Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, SonnySideUp said:

Everybody is suddenly pushing Williams to the Commanders now that KK is coming here. This Chicago dude is nuts. For us to trade up one spot, get #1 and Williams, he thinks Chicago should get the trades below from Washington: No way do I think we should do that, even if Raiders and Falcons are prepared to send Chicago a gold mine for the pick as they apparently are.

Jonathan Allen

2024 - #2

2024 - #40 

2025 - 1st

or else - without Allen

2024 - #2

2024 - #40

2024 - #100

2025 - 1st, 2nd

That's way to much to give up for one spot. Ridiculous to be exact. No way that happens. Keep dreaming Chicago. Bunch of 🤡🤡

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bantu said:

Thank you for this. 

If this is accurate, it's not my preference. Overwhelming majority of teams run a version of WCO, most notably, the Shanny/McVay tree. This offense will probably have to deal with a lot of free agents wrapping their heads around new verbage, etc.

That being said, current players will have gone from numbered (Turner) to WCO (Bienemy) and now back to numbered. For whatever that's worth

Well Williams and Maye both played in the air raid in College. So did Howell. Its a pretty common College offense so lots of players around the league will be familiar with the terminology.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SonnySideUp said:

Everybody is suddenly pushing Williams to the Commanders now that KK is coming here. This Chicago dude is nuts. For us to trade up one spot, get #1 and Williams, he thinks Chicago should get the trades below from Washington: No way do I think we should do that, even if Raiders and Falcons are prepared to send Chicago a gold mine for the pick as they apparently are.

Jonathan Allen

2024 - #2

2024 - #40 

2025 - 1st

or else - without Allen

2024 - #2

2024 - #40

2024 - #100

2025 - 1st, 2nd

i could agree with us trading spots and giving up a 2nd or a couple later rounds if coaches and management desperately wanted a guy. Then that immediately puts bears back into the same position as far as trade value minus the qb we take.

I like the Kliff hire. I like it a lot.

He is both experienced and has worked with a metric ton of young QBs. His #1 job will be squeezing everything he can outta our new franchise guy.

I like this way better than Quinn at HC. I feel some juice around this hire.

I can see the formation of a good pathway to success for our QB. That's huge.

• Like 5

Not that I want Caleb (worried about the head case warnings), but the most I see the Commanders giving up is a second this year, and a second next year.

On the Kingsbury hire, sounds ok. But I would have preferred a WCO coordinator instead. I really hope Kliff balances the offense with the run game. 

• Like 2

Just now, Conn said:

Hate to break it to you (bc you seem to think it’s bad news) but Maye can just as easily run his system. Which tells me you don’t have a solid idea of what “his system” actually means at this point 

UNC literally ran an air raid last season lol

When threads move quickly, people start typing the first things that pop in their heads.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, RWJ said:

Just helping out and adding to, HTTRD. Seems like family with Adam Peter's meeting Quinn. I like this already!

Haha, thanks, I pressed the submit button too fast apparently 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

Hate to break it to you (bc you seem to think it’s bad news) but Maye can just as easily run his system. Which tells me you don’t have a solid idea of what “his system” actually means at this point 

Maye ran the Air Raid system in 2023 and regressed vs 2022. Doesn't mean a hill of beans if he is losing to the likes of UVA and Clemson while running the vaunted Air Raid offense. He throws off his back foot, happy feet in pocket, inaccurate against ACC competition. Folks aren't making this stuff up and draft experts are already calling for him to slide in the draft. This is a "what have you done lately" business and I am weary on betting a #2 pick on a player who regressed YTY. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

We aren’t taking your cousin, Drake. Kingsbury + Daniels moves the needle. Maye will be lucky to get picked top 5. Thankfully, it won’t be this franchise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pico926 said:

Maye ran the Air Raid system in 2023 and regressed vs 2022. Doesn't mean a hill of beans if he is losing to the likes of UVA and Clemson while running the vaunted Air Raid offense. He throws off his back foot, happy feet in pocket, inaccurate against ACC competition. Folks aren't making this stuff up and draft experts are already calling for him to slide in the draft. This is a "what have you done lately" business and I am weary on betting a #2 pick on a player who regressed YTY. 

He regressed for more reasons than just switching to an air raid offense.

I don't really want to draft him either, but as with most 1st round talents, I'm sure he will find success with a good support system around him.

1 minute ago, Black Market Bully said:

We aren’t taking your cousin, Drake. Kingsbury + Daniels moves the needle. Maye will be lucky to get picked top 5. Thankfully, it won’t be this franchise.

That's great and all. But we need to pick the right QB for this franchise regardless of the offensive coordinator and what he likes to do. Because he could be gone next year. And we still need to have a franchise quarterback. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SonnySideUp said:

Jonathan Allen

2024 - #2

2024 - #40 

2025 - 1st

or else - without Allen

2024 - #2

2024 - #40

2024 - #100

2025 - 1st, 2nd

I just stay put and take Maye at that cost. I think Caleb is the better prospect. But not so much better to justify that. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 2

This hire has nothing to do with Caleb Williams. They have zero way of knowing if Chicago would even consider passing on him. They aren't going to tie themselves to someone at a crucial position like Offensive Coordinator because of someone they have no reason to think they might have a chance to draft. And the fact that there's no particular reason we need to hire Caleb's one year QB coach even if we were sure we were going to end up with him.

The though if he does become available, there is a little side benefit of someone who has inside info on him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2