Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Obviously I want good coordinators as well, but one thing that I really want to see are some great assistants. I think they can really help shape both sides of the ball and make our coordinators lives easier. The last assistant I can remember being poached was Chris Harris and it was justified since our secondary was considered solid at the time.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Quinn, Kingsbury, Whitt is a trio I can get excited about.

I find the Whitt news odd as it seemed the announced him then didn't. I embrace his hiring, hope it is true. Would have loved Weaver as DC

I find myself not very hyped about Kingsbury. I just they get the coaches they want, the quicker that occurs the better...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MartinC said:

I would argue it should make it easier - if you have an offensive minded HC the OC is almost always just implementing the HCs system. He’s probably not calling plays - and if he does he’s handcuffed by the HC.

With a defensive HC you would have much more freedom to install and run your own system. If you’re successful that’s the fast train to a HC opportunity.

All valid points, but that OC gets that HC opportunity, you lose the chemistry he had with the QB

24 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Schefter said he doesn't want to be a Head Coach again

Was it Schefter or Rapoport?  I heard the same thing that he'd much rather draw up the plays than have the extra duties of a HC.  I have tried to figure out by looking at Kingsbury bio from his time in the Cards at his coaching staff and the only person on it that may have become our QB coach that was his is in Indy as the QB coach, Cameron Turner and he is not related to the Turners.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AZDave said:

Pic of Kliff's Thirst Trap

No wonder Kliff spent so many early mourning and late hours at work. Who would want to go home to THAT.

The more I hear and dig the more I can clown with Kliffy as OC.

I would fear for the safety of any videogame/game/ping pong table setup in the locker room tho.

35 minutes ago, illone said:

Kingsbury would be a good hire. 

Only issue is that he’d be gone in 2 years if the offense does well. 

This makes the QB coach and other O staff important so you can promote from within. 

The first 2 to 3 yrs for a rookie qb are critical.

If we can get at least 2 years of system continuity with a consensus qb guru like Kingsberry I'd be happy.

Absolutely agree with you that having a good young smart  qb coach and/or passing game coordinator available to take over the reigns if KKOC leaves is a must.

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Was it Schefter or Rapoport?  I heard the same thing that he'd much rather draw up the plays than have the extra duties of a HC.  I have tried to figure out by looking at Kingsbury bio from his time in the Cards at his coaching staff and the only person on it that may have become our QB coach that was his is in Indy as the QB coach, Cameron Turner and he is not related to the Turners.  

If that's the case I might put something in his contract that gives him a significant bonus/accelerator and maybe even a guaranteed 4th season if he stays with us for the full 3 years of his contract.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

If we can get at least 2 years of system continuity with a consensus qb guru like Kingsberry I'd be happy.

Is he really the QB guru guy though? 

Williams already had his heisman year before Kingsbury got there. This past year he wasn't as good.

Murray looked good during that 8-9 game winning streak, not much after that.

Mahomes? Was he really that good in college?

1 minute ago, RVAskins said:

So why is EB still with the team. If we're interviewing OC's is EB still under consideration? I just can't see that happening.

They were figuring on a team offering a trade for the heavily valued offensive guru.  :806:

Well that or perhaps the new OC would want to offer him a positional coach....maybe?

10 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

So why is EB still with the team. If we're interviewing OC's is EB still under consideration? I just can't see that happening.

I would imagine because we could get compensation for him if hired by another team? My only guess.

9 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Williams already had his heisman year before Kingsbury got there. This past year he wasn't as good.

That's the 6.05 billion dollar question.

If we hire him he better be, otherwise our rebirth as a contending team is probably doomed to failure and another reset in 3 to 4 years.

The most important hiring decision left to make this off season is the person or persons who will be directly involved in developing our rookie qb.

Everything depends on getting that right.

Josh Harris, Peters, Quinn and the rest of our decision makers can't afford to **** this up. 

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

I have posted this and you've probably seen it but Maye and Howell both ran the Air Raid O when at UNC.  Everyone needs to consider that as Williams may be in the Commander's plans but Maye may be too.  :)  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

For the Jason Wright apologists patting that jerk-off on the back for offering to pay the ES bill...

If he runs the business side of the operation... wasn't it his job, or the job of someone he is responsible for...to pay that bill in the first place?

Also, I didn't compile the following list...but, it's a great reference of his litany of embarrassments

image.png.e112290cbfdfd3d98c4eb3f2083267ba.png

Edited by formerly4skins
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

For the Jason Wright apologists patting that jerk-off on the back for offering to pay the ES bill...

If he runs the business side of the operation... wasn't it his job, or the job of someone he is responsible for...to pay that bill in the first place?

Also, I didn't compile the following list...but, it's a great reference of his litany of embarrassments

95% of that list are petty gripes that were out of his control. 

Moving on! 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

You’re telling me you read all of this and believe Jason Wright is directly or even indirectly in some way responsible for them? I don’t remember the exact details of the site going down and it being covered by him, but I tried searching so I could confirm for you. However, after reading this list you provided, I’ve decided I won’t waste any more of my time.

• Thanks 1

Just now, mh86 said:

You’re telling me you read all of this and believe Jason Wright is directly or even indirectly in some way responsible for them? I don’t remember the exact details of the site going down and it being covered by him, but I tried searching so I could confirm for you. However, after reading this list you provided, I’ve decided I won’t waste any more of my time.

Definitely not directly responsible...but, absolutely presiding over a comedy of errors from his side of the operation.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, formerly4skins said:

Definitely not directly responsible...but, absolutely presiding over a comedy of errors from his side of the operation.

Some of these things such as the uniforms were out of his control due to Dan's wife designing the jerseys. Also, don't forget that Snyder stopped giving a damn about the team starting in around 2021 so you also have to factor in an extremely limited budget. 

I'm sure he's explained these things and more that we don't even know about to Josh Harris who apparently finds the situation acceptable otherwise Jason would be gone by now.

I'm not a fan of some of his decisions, but fair is fair.

• Like 1