Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I've thought about this announcement stuff and wondered if they are stack ranking contracts to make sure you pay the HC more than a potential coordinator.  For example, your contract with Quinn is $6 mil/year and some coordinator demands $5 mil/yr or whatever.

I don't know but I did see a local media tweet say they wanted to line up all the coaching hires before announcing.  You assume they want to start releasing other coaches as well before the announcements.

Make sense to me, HigSkin.  Plus, It's very interesting because you're not leaking anything out to the media and you're keeping them guessing too.  Whose Idea this is, is a different approach.  Never see it done before.  

• Like 1

Just now, RWJ said:

Make sense to me, HigSkin.  Plus, It's very interesting because you're not leaking anything out to the media and you're keeping them guessing too.  Whose Idea this is, is a different approach.  Never see it done before.  

Thinks its called a professional front office and we're not used to it.  LOL...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

In fairness, other than doing a Larry Michaels impersonation at a party, when has anyone legit been able to say something positive about this team in the past two decades? Maybe during Gibbs 2.0, but that's literally it. When they're telling the truth, it's not hating, it's just the truth. Let's see if things change if/when we're able to turn things around. 

Most of the reporters have been negative on the team during Dan's era.  So i got no issue with that.  But Reid has taken it to absurd levels and comes off very bitter when talking about the team.  With the others it doesn't feel personal.  With Reid it often has that tone.  It's not some offbeat take of mine.  Plenty who know his posting history have said the same over the years.

In his defense though, he did have something personal happen to him relating to this team so I can get his angst and why it might be personal with him.  Pulled out of the WP to do a radio show for Dan's own station, then he was canned a month or so later.   I figured once Dan would leave, Reid would calm down but it just kept going and going.  I get not giving the team the benefit of the doubt when Dan was here but it surprised me that he was the lone wolf that kept it going after he left.

It's fine he can feel whatever he wants.  But for me its irrelevant.  He's just sharing his opinion on this and that.  It's not reports.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

23 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

It is bizarre that we haven't named our HC by now. I get waiting a day or two but this is just weird at this point 🤷‍♂️

Yeah. Like others have said. Superbowl "week". They should have just scheduled the presser for today. But correct me if I'm wrong, Quinn immediately went to the Sr. Bowl. Right? 

Edited by @DCGoldPants

10 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

IMG_0585.jpegHe had a interview with some team this week for they’re OC Opening so probably him 

Pats, Bucs and soon with the Seahawks now under MacDonald.  

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not Zimmer Dallas, hire Rivera

Hiring an outside coordinator and (I'd rather RR give the interview of his life and get the job and hope it still happens) allows Quinn to bring in whoever he wants from his prior staff from the Lions, more than likely.  :) 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's not an insider but he's pretty prominent guy from PFF he comes on 980,106.7 a lot, he's a big Bears fan

We can only hope we stay at #2 and let our new OC earn his pay and job.  That's what I am hoping for anyway.  This FO and Leadership team is 180 degrees different from what we used to be underneath with you know who. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I can see the light around Kliff at OC. You could do a lot worse than him.

He has had the opportunity to work with a good amount of high profile young talent across college and the NFL so he is no stranger to working with a young guy.

He has been around

-Pat Mahomes and Johnny Manziel (when he won the Heisman).

-Caleb Williams this year

-Kyler in the NFL

He has XP w/ dual threat QBs so I would not be afraid of pairing him w/ Jayden Daniels. He does not limit our choice at QB like some OCs would.

There is certainly some good fat to chew on.

I'd like to ask him how he will alter his approach w/ young QBs after Kyler (restrict access to Call of Duty and lock them into film rooms is my guess)

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't know much about Kingsbury, other than he was a mediocre coach and the Cardinals offenses were middling overall.

I'm also surprised at the coaching hires to this point, or lack thereof. I figured the new FO would have a firm grasp on who Quinn was bringing onto his staff on Day 1, yet here we are a few days later and all we have are rumors. The team hasn't even announced the Quinn hire. Feels awkward to me.

Edit: And literally as I post this, the team announces Quinn. Here's hoping my posting vudoo leads to more announcements. Abra cada....

Edited by ExoDus84

Something that is interesting to me is that the named guys we have heard as candidates: Chip Kelly, Kliff Kingsbury, and Brian Johnson run more of a spread style offense as opposed to the west coast/Shannahan/McVay style.

Then again, Keim/Standig have alluded to SF/DET assistants as candidates and those guys would be running a lot of west coast concepts.

You would think Quinn/Peters might decide on a general scheme style they want to go with and target only guys who run that, but maybe not.

• Like 1