Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

19 minutes ago, Conn said:

You’re the most susceptible to confirmation bias that I’ve ever seen on these boards. It fits your persona, you also post with the most unearned confidence on these boards. Many people experienced it during the team sale process. Keim + Schefter >>> the jokers you’re reading that confirm what you already thought (and were told was wrong). 

There are multiple reports the commanders offered Johnson and Macdonald the job and were turned down. 

Keim and Schefter need to tow the company line to continue to get scoops and access. 

Yes I was wrong about predicting Bezos would buy the team. I tried being wrong that one time and it wasn’t for me so I stopped. 

Too bad you don’t have the same option. 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

My personal favorites to become OC now that Kubiak is going to Saints.

-Darell Bevell, QB/Pass Cor., Dolphins 

-Frank Smith, OC, Dolphins

-Mike Lafleur, OC, Rams

-Frank Reich, ex HC/OC

Why are these good ideas, or why do they stink?

Bevell would be my number one as well. But I am not sure he wants to leave Miami. Pretty nice gig down there. 

56 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Man I'd sign Parsons to biggest contract in history immediately. Dude is everything we wish a former 2nd pick overall was wished to be.

Parsons isnt going anywhere anytime soon. They will franchise him twice if they have to.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Bevell would be my number one as well. But I am not sure he wants to leave Miami. Pretty nice gig down there. 

That's why I'm so worried,  just about everyone on that list is already in a great situation and here we still have EB hanging around

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There are no credible reports they made an offer to EITHER Johnson or Macdonald (and let's please spell the guy's name correctly.)

Do you know why there would be no credible reports of this? 

1. Because absolutely NOBODY would let that information out, whether true or not.  

2. There is NO WAY you're hiring a head coach BEFORE you have an in-person interview.  You're not making an offer based on an hour long zoom call for a contract probably worth $50 million dollars and 5-6 years of commitment.  It's not going to happen.

3.  Johnson canceled the interview while they were flying to see him, so they hadn't met in person.

4. Ergo, they never made an offer to Johnson

5. They wanted to interview Johnson and Aaron Glenn on Tuesday.  They can't have made an offer to Macdonald until after that.  However, Macdonald could have gotten an offer from Seattle, because he talked to them and they didn't have any other interviews lined up, they talked to Johnson on Monday.

You're talking yourself into a situation that didn't exist because you didn't like the candidate they ended up with.  

Not liking the candidate is fine.

Coming up with or believing categorically false stories is dangerous.  

\

Kind of a dumb argument... "there are no reports that an offer was made, because no one would admin to it"   well... there are no reports that no offer was made so it must be false.  

Here is one...

nobody here know anything about what's actually transpired, we're all guessing based on crumbs we can find on the internet. Then there are 'save face' stories written specifically to cover FO behinds so they dont look bad, so please dont be so naive as to think that any story written post fact by team paid reporters is absolutely true. You can choose to believe whatever you want.

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is basically cherry picking and piecing together a narrative that best fits your already incredibly pessimistic views.

And this is coming from a guy with a batteredfansyndrome handle that’s spent the last decade mainlining negativity in his veins.  😂

my incredible pessimistic view has been mostly right the last 30y with horrible ownership and coaching. I can smell crap from a 100 miles away at this point. You should change your name to Stockholm_Syndrome... "hey we have a new owner! so he is going to be awesome by default" 

• Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

That's why I'm so worried,  just about everyone on that list is already in a great situation and here we still have EB hanging around

Money. Lots of money. Plus if they can prove to be effective play callers, they’ll get HC opportunities.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is basically cherry picking and piecing together a narrative that best fits your already incredibly pessimistic views.

And this is coming from a guy with a batteredfansyndrome handle that’s spent the last decade mainlining negativity in his veins.  😂

Sometimes I think your handle could be a tag or flair for the majority of ES users 😆 

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Nice gig I guess, but he is a guy with a long career as a play calling OC.  He has even gotten a couple shot as an interm HC.  On McDaniel’s staff he isn’t going to ever call plays.

I would think that he wants to get back to calling plays as an OC.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, oraphus said:

\

Kind of a dumb argument... "there are no reports that an offer was made, because no one would admin to it"   well... there are no reports that no offer was made so it must be false.  

Here is one...

At the 1:15 mark at very beginning. Johnson had a formal standing offer that would pay him more than Dan Campbell and he turned it down.

@Conn

That’s called vindication. Not confirmation bias. Maybe one day you can experience it or just make it easy on yourself and do it vicariously through my posts. Thanks!

22 hours ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Quinn didn’t hire Kyle Shanahan. Kyle was hired by the Falcons a few weeks before they hired Quinn.

Quinn also didn’t promote LaFleur when Kyle left and he let LaFleur leave for the Rams where they had I think the top ranked offense in the league under LaFleur. 

That was more about sequence - it's more like Falcons planned to hire Quinn, Quinn wanted Shanahan, so they inked Shanahan first to take him off the market while Quinn was still coaching in the playoffs / Super Bowl:

https://www.nfl.com/news/atlanta-falcons-plan-to-hire-dan-quinn-kyle-shanahan-0ap3000000459983

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Did ANYONE really interview them? I know Smith got one and Kafka got one team each, but they weren't exactly hot names. Joe Brady would have been a real stretch, since he only became an OC when Dorsey was fired.

Again, Smith and Kafka were interviewed by multiple teams. 

Brady was by Atlanta, I don't know of any others. 

47 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

If it’s Chip I can see EB staying on staff as the RB coach if he’s willing to take the demotion. Chip’s RB coach at UCLA, Deshaun Foster just got hired by Antonio Pierce with the Raiders. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYSkins21 said:

I’m not going to get concerned with who doesn’t like the DQ signing. The only opinions I care about are Adam Peter’s and past/potential players he’s had relationships with. Those are the only opinions that matter and from what I read and hear, it’s overwhelmingly positive. And that’s why I love it!

Onward!

Boy, have I got some bad news for you about what people do on message boards and the internet :ols:

50 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Forget Parsons and try to draft/develop the next Parsons.

People can laugh but I think Jamin Davis, in a Parsons role is immediately much better. Of course, he’s not Parsons. But watch his production jump. 

On another note: I’d rather have @BatteredFanSyndrome as our OC than Chip Kelly or EB.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

The guy to keep an eye on in SF is Brian Fleury. He has already taken interviews for OC gigs despite spending most of his career on the defensive side of the ball. Look at his background - he spent a stint as an exec doing football research for the Dolphins. It is pretty easy to tell he is highly intelligent

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, oraphus said:

\

Here is one...

nobody here know anything about what's actually transpired, we're all guessing based on crumbs we can find on the internet. Then there are 'save face' stories written specifically to cover FO behinds so they dont look bad, so please dont be so naive as to think that any story written post fact by team paid reporters is absolutely true. You can choose to believe whatever you want.

my incredible pessimistic view has been mostly right the last 30y with horrible ownership and coaching. I can smell crap from a 100 miles away at this point. You should change your name to Stockholm_Syndrome... "hey we have a new owner! so he is going to be awesome by default" 

37 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

At the 1:15 mark at very beginning. Johnson had a formal standing offer that would pay him more than Dan Campbell and he turned it down.

@Conn

That’s called vindication. Not confirmation bias. Maybe one day you can experience it or just make it easy on yourself and do it vicariously through my posts. Thanks!

Sorry fellas, the Detroit Lions Podcast is not a reputable sources, at least not any more reputable than Keim and others who are saying the opposite (and really, it’s less reputable).

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, gooseneck said:

Just got back off a road trip.  Could someone summarize today's posts into a short sentence?

Panic. Chip Kelly. Dan Quinn okay. Parsons like Quinn. Panic. People upset about people panic. And pancakes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

I guess I don't see why "Ben Johnson had a standing offer from the Commanders" couldn't also be a "save face" story from the other side, especially considering that it came out of Seattle that his first interview went poorly, or was lacking (or is that also a false story?). 

The Ben Johnson thing is already a boring and tired discussion but I think we can add a degree of paranoia to the PTSD traits this fanbase has developed. 

• Thumb up 2