Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I think they could be waiting until after the Super Bowl to go after a Coach on the 49ers.  Maybe Griese?  

Maybe but that means they are after thoughts for HC otherwise they would have requested interviews with them already.

They could have already offered something to Quinn. It’s entirely possible he is the hold up and not the franchise. 

It’s also possible the franchise is balking at going the Quinn route. Who knows?

Just like I don’t buy the whole, “Johnson wasn’t a good candidate because he didn’t choose us!” route, I also don’t buy that the regime is sitting on their hands. 

We don’t have to know something is happening for it to be happening.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

They could have already offered something to Quinn. It’s entirely possible he is the hold up and not the franchise. 

It’s also possible the franchise is balking at going the Quinn route. Who knows?

Just like I don’t buy the whole, “Johnson wasn’t a good candidate because he didn’t choose us!” route, I also don’t buy that the regime is sitting on their hands. 

We don’t have to know something is happening for it to be happening.

I don't believe they're sitting on their hands or that Johnson was a bad candidate. His actions the last couple days will likely make anyone think twice about interviewing him for a HC gig... I do believe that. I also believe it was a numbers game, the FO got caught out with the sheer number of openings this cycle versus the amount of guys the really wanted and now they'll have to settle for a retread for the next few years until the true franchise rebuild begins... new stadium, new facilities, new everything... this will take a minute. 

Admitting that doesn't make anyone over-emotional or anything of the sort. That's just how things are playing out. They got caught out by events and didn't have the "proper" failsafes.

Edited by ntotoro

The real kick in the nuts is that the longer they wait, the less likely it is that they get a great offensive mind for the OC, who is going to be molding the next QB.  We cannot afford to keep allowing coordinators and other great staff members to go to other teams because we can't make up our mind about a HC.  Peter Schrager talked about this very thing this morning on GMF.  We simply cannot afford to reset anything here.  

We're already choosing from the HC leftovers; if we wait much longer it's entirely plausible that we will have meh OCs left to choose from, thus, screwing up our (likely) new QB before we've even drafted him.  That's not a "sky is falling" doomsday thing - it's a very realistic outcome. 

Tough to think of a more Redskins thing than this.

• Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, VRIEL1 said:

People could post 50 of these types of comments a day. Your not going to sell me on a sub par .500 dirt sandwich and try to tell me it's a Steak. I'm not even sure I want him as DC for whoever is named HC. 

At this point if it's not Jon Gruden or BB I'd prefer they just dipped into the college ranks and picked up the best College coach and let's just roll with this soup sandwich. 

Don't care about selling you.  I am just posting whatever I like.  People could scorn at it or embrace it, that's up to them of course.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Settling for Brian freaking Griese would be embarrassing 

First, why would it be settling? and why embarrassing? 

Peters knows him and has worked with him and likely knows him beyond a 6 hour interview. 

I was talking to Marshall on Twitter this morning and it was about how BS the interview process is. I don't care how detailed it is. Some people fumble in it. Some people look great in it. But it is not the real job. It is an interview for the job. These guys have been doing jobs for years and they deserve to be judges based on that, not based on a 6 hour interview. That interview should be only to seal the deal or really to confirm some things or understand some uncertainties. 

I like all the guys that they've interviewed but obviously they don't, so lets go and reset the board. Frank Smith is another name I like but he isn't as close to Peters or Shen. 

• Thumb up 1

I really don’t think it will be Weaver. I’m sure MacDonald will poach the Ravens as much as he can and he’s had more time to do so. That’s even if Weaver decides to stay and fill the DC spot left by MacDonald.

All signs point to Quinn and who he might be able to bring in with his connections in Dallas and around the NFL.

Unless Peters is waiting to poach someone from SF like Griese. Especially considering that we should be drafting a young QB with the #2 pick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

I also believe it was a numbers game, the FO got caught out with the sheer number of openings this cycle versus the amount of guys the really wanted

Absolutely this, it wasn't just BJ rebuffing them it was also Seattle entering the game a little late when they "retired" Carroll. I don't think many expected that to happen and open up another competitive HC opportunity. 

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Could be.

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It's not the core argument that most used.  Remember Seattle was in play, too.  The argument was his behavior came off unprofessional tacky.  And I find it ironic that Standig said EXACTLY that was the impression at the Senior Bowl from personnel people-scouts around the league. From everyone he spoke to. 

On another front, NFL Network just now.    Rapoport hyping Weaver, Quinn.   Wouldn't be surprised if there is a decision sometime soon.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Could be.

It's not the core argument that most used.  Remember Seattle was in play, too.  The argument was his behavior came off unprofessional tacky.  And I find it ironic that Standig said EXACTLY that was the impression at the Senior Bowl from personnel people-scouts around the league. 

His behavior happened after he turned us down. If he was interested that may have never happened. It’s a shoddy argument because our feelings were hurt, imo.

4 minutes ago, Redwards said:

The real kick in the nuts is that the longer they wait, the less likely it is that they get a great offensive mind for the OC, who is going to be molding the next QB.  We cannot afford to keep allowing coordinators and other great staff members to go to other teams because we can't make up our mind about a HC.  Peter Schrager talked about this very thing this morning on GMF.  We simply cannot afford to reset anything here.  

We're already choosing from the HC leftovers; if we wait much longer it's entirely plausible that we will have meh OCs left to choose from, thus, screwing up our (likely) new QB before we've even drafted him.  That's not a "sky is falling" doomsday thing - it's a very realistic outcome. 

Tough to think of a more Redskins thing than this.

Bieniemy is still under contract isn't he?  There is a chance that the new head coach could opt to keep him, particularly if he comes from the defensive side of the ball.

• Sad 3
  • Thumb down 1

5 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Peters knows him and has worked with him and likely knows him beyond a 6 hour interview. 

I was talking to Marshall on Twitter this morning and it was about how BS the interview process is. I don't care how detailed it is. Some people fumble in it. Some people look great in it. But it is not the real job. It is an interview for the job. These guys have been doing jobs for years and they deserve to be judges based on that, not based on a 6 hour interview. That interview should be only to seal the deal or really to confirm some things or understand some uncertainties. 

I like all the guys that they've interviewed but obviously they don't, so lets go and reset the board. Frank Smith is another name I like but he isn't as close to Peters or Shen. 

Which is why most job openings of any seniority or importance in any walk of life are not actually advertised. People tend to recruit within their network because they know that persons track record and ability to deliver rather than guess on someone from a resume and two or three interviews. 

• Like 3

Just now, Going Commando said:

Bieniemy is still under contract isn't he?  There is a chance that the new head coach could opt to keep him, particularly if he comes from the defensive side of the ball.

That would be a shock. I trust Keim on this. Dude rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, not to mention how insane it was to drop back Howell more than any QB in the league .

Just now, Going Commando said:

Thats the kind of idea which would get me to scratch a HC candidates name off the list if that was part of the plan they came into an interview with. And I’d be very concerned if we tried too force an OC on a new HC.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

At this point anyone we pick is settling. There is no way to spin it. 

Griese might end up being really good. However the comparisons to Zorn would be pretty fitting. They will have interviewed all the top candidates, only to be spurned by their top choices and settle on a QB coach. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

His behavior happened after he turned us down. If he was interested that may have never happened. It’s a shoddy argument because our feelings were hurt, imo.

He turned BOTH teams down.  He interviewed with Seattle the night before.  I listened to a Seattle reporter the morning Johnson bowed out swaying he believes Johnson was Seattle's front runner.  I posted that then.   Much discussion about it here that morning.

Not once did I say and ditto some others the sour grapes is about turning this team down.    It's about him going through this dance twice.  Pulling out twice.  And not telling this team until they were in mid air in Detriot.

Some here suggest we are off to have a beef with any of that.  But if so, put some FO and scouts in that pile then too because according to Standig is was a hot topic in the Senior Bowl and everyone he talked to at that event thought Johnson's move was unprofessional and a bad look.

It's ok for you to feel differently.  But its clear the ones who criticized it aren't some kooks from Mars as to our position. :ols:

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Thats the kind of idea which would get me to scratch a HC candidates name off the list if that was part of the plan they came into an interview with. And I’d be very concerned if we tried too force an OC on a new HC.

I wouldn't want us to force any coaches on the new HC either.  I'm not sure how set in stone the staffing plans of potential candidates are though.  Remember when Rivera was hired?  He interviewed Kevin O'Connell for the OC job before going with Scott Turner.  I could see Bieniemy getting a chance to sell himself to the new regime.

• Like 1