Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The fact of the matter is we likely need a guy like Quinn, a respected, grizzled vet to steward this team through this period and turn us into a more attractive option down the line.  Sad, but true.

I think this is what's really disappointing to fans and have people saying "Ron 2.0" etc., because Ron was supposed to provide exactly this type of presence. Didn't work out.

Quinn certainly wasn't my first choice, even after BJ, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for the first year and see how things go in a new situation, environment, GM, all that. But I don't know how I will stomach another season like the last if it turns out as such. 

6 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Just throwing this out there - is it possible there is someone on the Chiefs or especially the 49ers that has been their main target all along but they have kept it quiet?

If all of the news so far has been a smokescreen designed to throw people off their preferred candidate, then Adam Peters is a ****ing genius. I don't see this as even possible, but here's to hoping we've got a next level schemer as our GM.

Has Weaver removed his name from consideration for HC?

I have not seen him mentioned much and was not included in the last poll I saw of candidates.

I know Mac signed with Seattle and will probably be taking Baltimore staff and read Wilson my go to Tenn as DC.

Has he announced he is staying or is he still in consideration. I was really hoping for a Mac HC, Weaver DC combo but that was a swing and miss

I come in peace here regarding Quinn.

Quinn is not the flashy young hire. However players love to play for him. He also brings one of the best young DB Coaches and possible defensive coordinator Al Harris with him.

We don’t care about losing Quinn. Harris leaving hurts. He took Diggs and Bland to another level. I imagine Forbes would make that jump next year.

I imagine he brings some of his guys with him (Armstrong, Kearse, Fowler)

The main problem with the scheme Quinn runs is they are non existent when trailing or you don’t generate turnovers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

And Seattle just hired MacDonald. Werent wr supposed to be one of the top head coaching job” in the NFL?  Coaching pool dwindled out pretty quick!

2 minutes ago, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

I come in peace here regarding Quinn.

Quinn is not the flashy young hire. However players love to play for him. He also brings one of the best young DB Coaches and possible defensive coordinator Al Harris with him.

We don’t care about losing Quinn. Harris leaving hurts. He took Diggs and Bland to another level. I imagine Forbes would make that jump next year.

I imagine he brings some of his guys with him (Armstrong, Kearse, Fowler)

The main problem with the scheme Quinn runs is they are non existent when trailing or you don’t generate turnovers.

Please not Quinn! See Falcons 5 year experiment. “Those who don’t learn from the past are doomed to repeat it!”Hiring Quinn we will. We’ll be sitting under Dallas for 5 years using their D-Coordinator! “How bout them Cowboys?” Screw that!

Edited by PigskinPhat
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, PigskinPhat said:

And Seattle just hired MacDonald. Werent wr supposed to be one of the top head coaching job” in the NFL?  Coaching pool dwindled out pretty quick!

Ben Johnson rejecting us threw everything out of whack. Every other candidate assumed they were second fiddle to him and made other plans.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I'd be ok with Wilks.  Matt Rhule had a 1-4 record before he got fired.  Wilks ended up going .500 the remainder of the season with that same squad.  The team fought for him.

I'd rank my remaining candidates:

1) Glenn

2) Wilks

3) EB

4) Weaver

5) Quin

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

They have no interest in anyone from SF or KC or wed have heard something.

Its gonna be Quinn. Just accept it.

They could’ve done this after the third Quinn interview, the fact they haven’t means that if he is now hired it looks highly likely that they didn’t want him that much either, but rather got forced into it.

And to most it’s no surprise Quinn is the booby prize 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

Said the best thing about getting Quinn would be to get Harris as a consequence.

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Said the best thing about getting Quinn would be to get Harris as a consequence.

I'm fine with the one we have no need to add to the commotion, God shave the Quinn. :P

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

They could’ve done this after the third Quinn interview, the fact they haven’t means that if he is now hired it looks highly likely that they didn’t want him that much either, but rather got forced into it.

And to most it’s no surprise Quinn is the booby prize 

There were only 2 Quinn interviews, just like all the other 7 candidates.  Reports of a 3rd interview were just due to some confusion that was later corrected.

• Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

There are reports that Ben Johnson and Macdonald both turned down offers from the Commanders.

I haven’t seen those reports.  Can you link them?

There’s no way the commanders made an offer to Ben Johnson before they had an in person interview with him. Which he canceled. So there’s no way they made him an offer.

It is possible, they made an offer to Macdonald. However, I have not seen that reported anywhere.

• Like 1

First of all I know baseball and football are completely different. When the Orioles hired Brandon Hyde he was not known as a good hire. He was known as patient and a developer of talent. We do not need the best coach in the world right now. We need to change the culture and develop all the young players Adam Peters adds to the organization. We need to change so many things of the previous toxic culture. 

• Like 1

Thought this was put to rest, there was no 3rd Quinn interview. The in person interview that was going to happen, had to be rescheduled to this week.

It’s obvious this rebuild could be a 2 step process.  Quinn is hired and he rebuilds the culture the owners and Peters want and Peters restocks the team with talent. If Quinn has the breakthrough and we win a title great. If Quinn can only take us so far, then it’s on to step 2 in 4-5 years. We move on from Quinn then.  In 28-29, we should have team in its prime ready to win; just needing the right coach to take us over the hump. Our deficiencies should have been corrected by then with new facilities and a new stadium under construction by then.  Where LA Chargers is today is where we will be in 28-29.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 1

I want to put this out there, just as a comparison.  To be clear, I'm not excited about the prospect of Dan Quinn, and I hear all of the "retread" talk, and how he couldn't get it done in Atlanta...

Look at Pete Carroll.  The guy was 33-31 in 4 years with the Jets & Patriots.  Nothing exciting.  He goes to Seattle after having success at USC, and goes to the playoffs 10 times in 14 seasons, appearing in 2 Super Bowls and winning one of them.  What if Seattle had passed on him, because he was just so-so in his previous HC stints in the NFL?

I'm not saying Quinn is our guy, or that he would have the same success that Carroll had (which we would have KILLED for over the last 14 years here)...but to dismiss him out of hand simply because he was "ok" his first time around would be lazy, IMO...

Heck, Belichick was 8 games under .500 in Cleveland over 5 seasons, yet the Patriots gave him a shot...how'd that turn out?

I'm still holding out hope we are working on the sly and Anarumo or Riley have been talked to.

I'm not 100% on Riley, but he's a swing for the fences. Plus, that make the lead in to the draft exciting because we'd probably look to move to 1... (not that I'd want to give that stuff up).

I posted yesterday that Riley's weakness as a play caller is using his running game. Which is similar to how things were under EB and I'm not a fan.

But his route concepts and spacing are high end and he has turned every QB he's touched into pure gold in the college ranks.

Anarumo is a steady coach who puts good product on the field even with league standard talent. He is a "leader of men".

Riley is a bit of a strange one, but I'm SHOCKED that Anarumo hasn't gotten any burn in this cycle. 

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

I don't mind if Quinn is who they chose, but I wouldn't be thrilled if he was given a 4 or 5 year deal. He'd need to prove himself

Quinn won’t take the job if he doesn’t get at least a 4 year deal.

Any coach now: retread or newbie probably gets a 4-5 year deal and we our seeing some of the newbies getting 6.

That’s just the case of doing business now.