Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

10 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

I said it from the start: we needed to be the FIRST team to hire a new HC.

The new GM should have had the new HC ready and on his speed-dial. That's his job! To know people in the NFL who work as HC!

Now the situation is quickly becoming a PR fiasco.

The guy from Detroit said FU and now we're SOL?

A good GM should have planned for that and immediatly moved to his second option BEFORE the guy from Detroit talked to the media.

This is PR 101. Otherwise you end up looking like a chump.

So then the only candidates available first were Belichick, Harbaugh and Vrabel.

After Wild Card Weekemd they could have hired Quinn.

Are you saying they should have decided not to talk to any of the coaches on the conference championship teams in order to hire a guy first?

I get your point but when you factor in timeline, it falls apart.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Conn said:

What are you talking about? They offered the job to none of those guys. They never even met Johnson and the Macdonald report posted earlier was fake, he didn’t have an offer from us. Slowik didn’t get an offer from anybody. Morris wasn’t offered the job. I’m not happy with the outcome of this process either but you don’t need to go into hyperbole “Bezos” mode. Nobody has yet turned down an offer because one hasn’t been made to the guys who went elsewhere (or stayed put). 

Untrue. They interviewed both. What are you smoking man?  There are reports that Ben Johnson and Macdonald both turned down offers from the Commanders. Slowick took himself out not sure if he had  a chance or not but he’s off the board. 

It will probably be Quinn. The whole thing to get here eventually has been a massive mess. But it’s not end of the world. Peters knows how to pick talented players. We can build up the roster and do better with the coach next time. If we hit on the QB maybe even Quinn can get us there. It is what it is.

They should have had a better play in place with Johnson. If the Lions had lost a week earlier it wouldn’t have been this messy. On the other hand, it would have been brutal if he left them at the altar after the Super Bowl if the lions had won. 

Edited by SoCalSkins

I think Denzel would be a fantastic head coach.  He's already played the part on the silver screen (coaching a local high school to boot).  He's one of the greatest actors in history and as a man, he commands -- yes commands -- respect.  He would need good coordinators, but he can call "fake 23 blast with a back side George reverse" like nobody else.  Seriously, when Denzel Washington walks into the locker room, the team, to a man, will genuflect to greatness.  Don't overthink this.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So then the only candidates available first were Belichick, Harbaugh and Vrabel.

After Wild Card Weekemd they could have hired Quinn.

Are you saying they should have decided not to talk to any of the coaches on the conference championship teams in order to hire a guy first?

I get your point but when you factor in timeline, it falls apart.  

Waiting for the guys in the Conference Championships was a rookie mistake.

It made them immediately more powerful than the new GM since they held all the cards.

Those three first guys you mentioned are AAA class. Now you have to go back and beg them to come here or settle for a lesser guy.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I wonder what Boomer's sources are telling him tonight regarding our search? 🤷‍♂️

This new regime has NO LEAKS at all.  It's amazing how nothing gets out of this organization.  Boomer probably had a good source in the Ben Johnson camp, but not on our end.  I think we will find out soon enough....hopefully before the weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Peters will hire someone from the 49ers current coaching staff,  Brian Griese, Klint Kubiak.  It's human nature to work with someone you are familiar with. Hang tight for two more weeks.

• Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, Dark Acre said:

Seriously, when Denzel Washington walks into the locker room, the team, to a man, will genuflect to greatness.  Don't overthink this.

"A rookie QB was BENCHED today, for commiting one too many rookie mistakes, gimmie the *****...

...His college head coach is INSISTING. On Twitter. That he's still jus adjusting to the speed at this level...

...He is survived, by his Instagram model girlfriend...**** gets deeper...you get the picture???"

3 hours ago, Hogs86 said:

Peters will hire someone from the 49ers current coaching staff,  Brian Griese, Klint Kubiak.  It's human nature to work with someone you are familiar with. Hang tight for two more weeks.

He worked with BB in NE and helped them to win a SB twice. 🤔😉

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

E. Slowik wasn’t a serious contender here, seen as a year away 

Given the strong Peters connection, and the potential Slowik has shown, including the performance of his rookie QB, this is the one we’ve missed on IMO. And it may just be a simple case of right person, wrong time.

I’m going to be surprised if we dish out a 5/6 year deal on someone like Quinn. Could be wrong. 

What we have no idea about is the plan for 2024. What’s the vision at QB, veteran, trade back for 2025/6 picks, take a rookie at #2. It all needs to align with whatever HC walks through the door.

4 minutes ago, VRIEL1 said:

He worked with BB in NE and helped them to win a SB twice. 🤔😉

So we follow the recent NE model, bring in BB on a 2 year deal, have his successor onboard now and give them 2 seasons to learn the job and step right into the role…..clearly I don’t think that’s the case.

• Thumb down 1

One positive about Quinn, since he played against us twice a year for 3 years; he already knows our roster some.

He probably knows which players he can build around.

Just get him hired by lunch and if 4-5 years he fails to get us where we want; fire him and find the next guy.

3 hours ago, El Mexican said:

Waiting for the guys in the Conference Championships was a rookie mistake.

It made them immediately more powerful than the new GM since they held all the cards.

Those three first guys you mentioned are AAA class. Now you have to go back and beg them to come here or settle for a lesser guy.

I'm pretty sure they had their sights on Johnson. They had to wait until the team was knocked out of the playoffs or end of season. I think Quinn surprised them which is why he got 3 in person interviews. What we don't know is did Quinn impress them so much that they are wanting him tied to they new HC? Also heard a "rumor" Johnson wanted full control of staff and players. Could have been Washington was going to pay him what he wanted but not give him full control so he took his name off the table. Why he didn't go to Seattle? Who knows maybe they were not going to pay him that much? Again, that's a rumor. Or maybe we balked at the price and countered with $10 or $12 mill. And Johnson said no. 

In the end our guy left the table and that's why we are where we are. Personally Quinn is not the big splash I was hoping for from new owners. I'm holding out hope their looking at a coach in the SB. Hoping that's why Peter's is at the Srnior bowl and not that he gave his evaluation of all the candidates to Harris to decide and rolled out to the Senior bowl. 

13 minutes ago, PigskinPhat said:

FCUK DAN QUINN! hE’S A COWBOY! FCUKS WRONG WITH YOU PPL! Stop p hyping him up!

So was RR both .500 coaches. 

We have had the "players" coach... Jay Gruden, RR. It's time we get a coach that is not going to put up with the weak players complaining about practice cause they don't want to be winners. We need a coach who's going to tell them to get better or go home. Quinn is a "players" coach. 

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

Just the messenger:

Stuff like this doesn’t help those that try and defend a potential Quinn hire.

Whether they want to admit it or not everything you hear about Quinn, we all heard 4 years ago about Ron Rivera:

- Great leader

- Sets the culture

- Old school intensity

- Experienced, he got to a Super Bowl don’t you

know

- The players love playing for him

The only thing that I’ve seen that separates Quinn is that he waves his arms around on the sideline.

I’m not even annoyed I just want genuine evidence that Dan Quinn is anything other than a .500 mediocre HC ie not Ron Rivera.

I’ve never seen a sports franchise be so fixated on Culture rather than actually winning things it’s hilarious.

Edited by BrentMeisterGeneral