Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

If by 12 pm tomorrow there is no announcement I am going to assume we moved on from Quinn, Weaver and Glenn

Same, but maybe leaning more towards Friday at the latest.

17 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Looks like a kid who just got voted prom king.   

Good for him.

He worked hard and earned it.

He had multiple opportunities and chose the team he preferred.

That's America at its best.

Even so, it hurts somewhere deep down inside being rejected.

But I wish him well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I think we are doing a total reset on the search. Quinn would be hired if he was the guy. It just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if we go to the college ranks and find a coach. A college coach with NFl experience or maybe getting a college coach and he can get a staff with NFL ties. Keep an eye out if we go this route for, Ryan Day Ohio State, Lincoln Riley USC, Dabo Swinney Clemson, Kirby Smart Georgia, James Franklin Penn State. The way college football is going and is headed , especially with the transfer portal, if any of those guys got offered the Washington job they would take it. I have no doubt in my mind about that.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

If that's the case, will really limit us to retreads. 

NFL is a league where the brightest HCs come from the coordinator ranks. Not prior HCs.

Andy Reid is a retread, so was Bill B. Give me a break..

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, HeHateMe75 said:

It was just a suggestion and question (at the same time) cause I have no idea if all the good up and coming candidates for OC have been taken.  We were painted out to be the most desirable situation to land the HC of our choosing and here we are, with no HC, EB still employed and no DC.  

Serious question, cause I honestly dont know or have the time to research potential coordinator candidates, but is there any left?  I don't want EB here, I don't want him calling plays, but damn, what's out there?

I could flip over a damp tarp in your backyard and peel a better option for our OC position off of it, I wouldn’t worry about being stuck with EB

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HogsVa7 said:

I think we are doing a total reset on the search. Quinn would be hired if he was the guy. It just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if we go to the college ranks and find a coach. A college coach with NFl experience or maybe getting a college coach and he can get a staff with NFL ties. Keep an eye out if we go this route for, Ryan Day Ohio State, Lincoln Riley USC, Dabo Swinney Clemson, Kirby Smart Georgia, James Franklin Penn State. The way college football is going and is headed , especially with the transfer portal, if any of those guys got offered the Washington job they would take it. I have no doubt in my mind about that.

Kirby Smart is the only one I'd consider.

Just now, lavar1156 said:

Kirby Smart is the only one I'd consider.

Part of this exercise is being realistic. Kirby Smart is now king of the SEC and will have a really good shot at surpassing Saban for Natties.

Hes not going to the pros.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Part of this exercise is being realistic. Kirby Smart is now king of the SEC and will have a really good shot at surpassing Saban for Natties.

Hes not going to the pros.

True but the life of a college coach sucks balls right now. Literally 24/7/365. Saban wanted nothing to do with NIL.

Edited by lavar1156
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I wonder if they are looking at someone from the 49ers or Chiefs and have to keep it close to the vest.

I thought about that, but I really don't see why there would be a need for secrecy if that was the case.

However, what  if they are actively pirsuing a big time college coach, like Deebo Sweeney, Lincoln Riley, Matt Campbell, Ryan Day, or someone else?

That would be something that all parties would absolutely  want to keep secret until a deal is reached.

Just a thought.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

That's not really the NFL model unless you're talking about BB, Caroll, or the other Harbough. Reid left Philly as a winner who couldn't get over the hump, same with Dungy. Atlanta fell apart after the Super Bowl collapse, and Quinn's defense wet the bed against the Packers. 

• Thumb up 1