Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, Warhead36 said:

This needs to be stickied:

Vrabel will not be interviewed by Peters. Vrabel and Titans GM Ron Carthon butted heads. Carthon and Peters are boys from their days together with the 49ers. The well is poisoned.

Please a mod sticky this or something lolol

No. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Idaho fan said:

Any chance the HC they want is on the KC or 49er staff and that’s delaying things?   And they are really really good at keeping it on the DL???

If that's the case, we would have had a virtual interview with one of them already...

I am good with all three.  Quinn is the one with the X and O's pedigree.    Weaver's defense was ranked dead last the one year he ran a defense and I am gathering he's more a leader of men type.    Glenn also by reptutation isn't known for X's and O's but also a leader of men.

I'll back any of the three. 😎

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Wow....look at these sky is falling posts.

Snyder really did a number on this fanbase......

Well look at what the **** is happening.   ALL of the TOP candidates are now GONE.   We are officially in no man's land,  and all the coordinators are also disappearing at a rapid pace.   This is a disaster.  

• Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

But its all a perception game.

Some here are touting Weaver.  Finlay on air is talking about he's a fresh exciting choice.  And look maybe he is.  Or I can turn the argument on Weaver and say look he was a d coordinator for just one season, the team was dead last in points allowed and he hasn't gotten another D coordonator job again yet people think he will be a killer head coach?

Stack that against this...Yet Weaver is more exciting because he's new.  And look both dudes touted as leaders of men.  I'd back either choice.  

Dallas' defense jumped from 28th in points allowed in 2020 to seventh in 2021, Quinn's first year as coordinator. The Cowboys led the league in interceptions that season and enjoyed All-Pro seasons out of rookie linebacker Micah Parsons and cornerback Trevon Diggs.

The Cowboys were fifth in the 2022 and 2023 regular seasons in points allowed under Quinn. Parsons, Diggs, and fellow Pro Bowlers DeMarcus Lawrence and DaRon Bland have kept the Cowboys as one of the best units in the league with a fast, aggressive style of defense.

Top playoff defenses:Ranking the top 10 defenses in the NFL playoffs heading into wild card weekend

Since Quinn took over the defense, the Cowboys rank fifth in points per game allowed and first in takeaways (93). This season the Cowboys are one of the best pass defenses in the league, ranking top-10 in yards allowed (fifth), touchdowns (10th), and interceptions (eighth). He's well-respected by players and was ranked third among defensive coordinators by the NFL Players' Association.

Given his recent success against NFL offenses and the development of multiple defensive players, it's no surprise Quinn's in the mix for another head coaching job.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2024/01/10/dan-quinn-coach-candidate-pete-carroll-news/72179647007/

I hear you, I really do. But if we’re saying Quinn is the know quantity here and that’s a reason to hire him, well we know that Quinn was a .500 HC, so why would anyone want to hire that if that’s the known? In that scenario people would prefer the unknown because there’s potential for it to have higher upside. 

I’ve noticed folk are rightly quick to point to the leadership quotes by Adam Peters, but didn’t Harris himself say he can easily get us back to middle of the road obscurity but that’s not how he wants to build this? Hiring one of, if not the most .500 HC in recent times is just plain odd.

I do respect those that are ok with Quinn, but I honestly just can’t wrap my head around playing it that safe it’s bizarre to me.

I got an ego like anyone here but why are we assuming that WE define the best HC candidates in the league?

Same reason WE define the best draft prospects, the best free agents etc :ols:

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But its all a perception game.

Some here are touting Weaver.  Finlay on air is talking about he's a fresh exciting choice.  And look maybe he is.  Or I can turn the argument on Weaver and say look he was a d coordinator for just one season, the team was dead last in points allowed and he hasn't gotten another D coordonator job again yet people think he will be a killer head coach?

Stack that against this run with Quinn...Yet Weaver is more exciting because he's new.  And look both dudes touted as leaders of men.  I'd back either choice.  

First, I don't think they were dead last.  The Texans ranked 27th in PPG in 2020, the season Weaver was HC.  

Second, a ton of people seem to still want Vrabel, yet he's actually the one who ranked dead last in his lone season as DC of the Texans in 2017.  He was still given a chance to coach the Titans after that.  I don't see why Weaver shouldn't get a chance as well if we're looking primarily for a young coach who is a strong leader of men.

I got an ego like anyone here but why are we assuming that WE define the best HC candidates in the league?

BECAUSE WE ARE THE FANS!!!!! WE KNOW MORE THAN THOSE PAID MILLIONS TO MAKE DECISIONS. DO NOT RUIN OUR VITRIOL WITH REASON!!!!!!

LOL

/sarcasm

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Well look at what the **** is happening.   ALL of the TOP candidates are now GONE.   We are officially in no man's land,  and all the coordinators are also disappearing at a rapid pace.   This is a disaster.  

Not necessarily, maybe Weaver was one of their top candidates from the get go ? We'll soon know.

Just now, actorguy1 said:

This actually may play into the reluctance for some candidates to come here.  IIRC, we gave Peters a 5-year deal, so you would have to assume any HC we hire is going to be given 5 years as well.  Seems like the standard for a lot of teams lately is to give their HCs more years than 5.

Just spit balling, but I wonder if that plays into this at all.

• Like 1

I think the first big misstep many commander fans made in this deal was positing that we were now a top shelf option over others.

We had real strengths for sure: draft picks, salary cap, respectable new ownership and new gm. But there's still the stadium issue, the facilities issues, the beat down fan base and atmosphere of long time losers, and the lack of widely positive views of the location; the area you're going to live and work in. And we as fans don't know what kind of money limitations the org is putting on hc salary offers.

To me, looking at the pros and cons of every team looking, I can see candidates thinking our competition as still being more desirable option overall, even if only by a narrow. margin.

And Johnson was special cuz he just stayed home again. People have decided he displayed some character and behavioral flaw by "pulling out" but we don't really know the details. We have been painted a picture that he had some sort of obligation to make some apparently "timely" refusal rather than just whenever he chose to do it (we don't why he picked that time to do it) and we don't even know all the thinking behind why but some people have decided it too reflects some character issue like "weakness" or "insecurity." That's particularly interesting since no aspect of this lions org or anyone in it, especially working under Campbell, seems to suggest some character trait of "weakness" would work out well there.

🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 4

5 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

If that's the case, we would have had a virtual interview with one of them already...

You don’t think it’s possible a virtual interview could be kept quiet?   

not likely but seems possible 

OK, obviously we're not in love with any of these guys so just bite the freaking bullet and hire NE Bill or Pete Carroll for 3 years and figure it out from there. IMO it's better than settling on an unproven commodity you're not sold on.