Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

35 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

B.B. would have gone to a SB with Cleveland if Byner had not fumbled at the goal line with it looked up. 

Marty Shottenheimer was the Browns coach then.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yes, I'm aware.  Was that meant to be a counterpoint to anything I said?

You said it feels like we're getting the consolation prize. Maybe Weaver has been the guy they liked better of the two, he has a higher title in Baltimore than Macdonald does. 

14 minutes ago, Panninho said:

I really don't like the way all of this has played out. We waited till the very end and now half the field is gone, Johnson pulled himself out of the process. The only coach that was in high regard and did not yet get hired was MacDonald. With all the other coaches it feels like they weren't really in contention anywhere else.

Well we had to wait this long because the NFL hiring rules are asinine. Teams shouldn't interview and hire until after the Super Bowl. If we wanted one of the guys from the final four teams, which obviously appears we did, we had to wait. People would have been pissed if we didn't wait. 

I thought the FO will make an announcement about who will be our HC a little bit sooner, instead it seems that we may find out by ourselves throught the elimination process. In the meantime I 🤞, Peters and Co will make the best choice. I can imagine how much work and hours they are puting in this process, deciphering, colating, sharing, analysing.

1 minute ago, FrFan said:

I thought the FO will make an announcement about who will be our HC a little bit sooner, instead it seems that we may find out by ourselves throught the elimination process. In the meantime I 🤞, Peters and Co will make the best choice. I can imagine how much work and hours they are puting in this process, deciphering, colating, sharing, analysing.

Feels like its already done. Peters left for the Senior Bowl, they must have their decision and working out details before announcing. Im thinking its either Quinn or Weaver.

• Thanks 1

It baffles me that so many are complaining that we "waited too long"...what else were they supposed to do, if two of their main targets were still coaching until this past weekend?  I swear, people type and hit submit before thinking something through WAY too often...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On the Ravens website Weaver is listed amongst the coordinators instead of the ‘coaches’. It’s fairly easy to draw the conclusion that he’s an integral part of their succession plan, logically getting the DC role if and when Macdonald gets hired elsewhere. 

Wonder if we would also try to bring Glenn onboard as DC with the added Ast HC title, thus making that a promotion, and not sideways move, for him.

3 minutes ago, MrJL said:

Isn't  Weaver as head coach a big jump?  We don't  need another Zorn

He's the Assistant Head Coach in Baltimore. Not that big of a jump.

Andy Reid went from position coach + assistant head coach as well.

Its about having leadership abilities. If you can find good assistants, you delegate to those guys.

9 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

You said it feels like we're getting the consolation prize. Maybe Weaver has been the guy they liked better of the two, he has a higher title in Baltimore than Macdonald does. 

I'm referring to the difference in the national attention, praise and HC interest each of these guys have received to date.  Also, I would prefer to have a coach who has proven to be a good playcaller.

I'll put it this way: I think the Ravens (and their fans) would be more bummed out if they lost Macdonald than they would if they lost Weaver.

All that being said, Weaver is my #2 after Macdonald.

• Like 1

Just now, Busch1724 said:

Well we had to wait this long because the NFL hiring rules are asinine. Teams shouldn't interview and hire until after the Super Bowl. If we wanted one of the guys from the final four teams, which obviously appears we did, we had to wait. People would have been pissed if we didn't wait. 

Well, except for the Seahawks the other teams did not feel the need to wait this long. I, like probably most others, thought it was because they had strong mutual interest with Johnson and had to wait but were ready to roll once they were eliminated. But it doesn't seem that way, as reports suggest everything was wide open till the end (and might still be). But now most of the once available options are already hired and we will circle back to Dan Quinn who was basically available right away and did not appear to be a strong candidate anywhere else. Maybe they end up hiring their #1 guy from the start anyways, but to me it really feels like they were holding out for Johnson and did not get their guy. It's basically the complete opposite of what they did with the GM search.

I am just not really impressed by the process considering how it turned out. Quinn could be a great hire, what do I know, but it's hard for me to get excited about anyone not named Macdonald at this point.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Please tell me if I'm wrong here but thought I was saw a video on hear of our draft room when our first pick was on the clock and Mathew walked over and talked to a dude on a laptop and asked who we were picking and he was told Forbes, and Mathew didn't look too happy about it as if he wanted Gonzalez but Ron was so pleased in telling Del Taco we were getting his guy.   If I am correct and Mayhew wasn't bought in on Forbes then maybe he does have some good qualities and Peters knows him and must trust him to keep him around.  Plus Peters will have final say so we'll see.

Anyone have that clip to show?