Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

It really doesn’t phase me if he does magic tricks and has pillow talks with the players, leadership is vital but if he runs a D and they perform badly he’ll be on the hot seat. I’m not even overly convinced by the unit he ran this season.

Me either, just trying to find infos about the remaining candidates to see if they fit the bill.

• Like 1

Definitely not losing any sleep over Ben Johnson but it's curious to me that he keeps passing up jobs. Makes me think he's questioning himself and his ability to be the face of a franchise.

I can't imagine it was easy to pass up the payday he was going to get and with all the new people we have in the front office it doesn't make sense that he passed on us because he doesn't see value.

I wouldn't be mad at a Dan Quinn / Klint Kubiak pairing (49ers passing game coordinator).  In fact, I'd be pretty excited as long as the rest of the offensive staff is built out well.

You would have to think Peters has a better chance of landing Kubiak as an OC than the Raiders do.

Edited by HTTRDynasty

Just now, JSSkinz said:

Definitely not losing any sleep over Ben Johnson but it's curious to me that he keeps passing up jobs. Makes me think he's questioning himself and his ability to be the face of a franchise.

I can't imagine it was easy to pass up the payday he was going to get and with all the new people we have in the front office it doesn't make sense that he passed on us because he doesn't see value.

I don’t necessarily blame him. He’s 37, on a great team, with a chance to run it back. He’ll have options next year and likely from teams that he may feel are better choices. I think he’s also smoking what Dan Campbell is selling and high on the supply. 

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I wouldn't be mad at a Dan Quinn / Klint Kubiak pairing (49ers passing game coordinator).  In fact, I'd be pretty excited as long as the rest of the offensive staff is built out well.

You would have to think Peters has a better chance of landing Kubiak as an OC than the Raider do.

Agreed but he'd be moving from coast to coast.  That might be an issue.  

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Maybe.  That sort of comes with the territory of being in the NFL though.  For example, Peters just did the same thing.

I thought about that when I was typing back to you but Peters is making a lot more than an OC.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

Wonder what he is making now? Big gamble that he will get what he is asking for next year, when Im sure we offered him a lot more than what he currently makes. Not sure the $ angle is the real issue.

I doubt we offered him anything before even meeting in person. His agent may have passed along a basic contract structure, or may not have given where we were in the process with him. But you don’t usually make a financial offer at all until you’ve actually decided to make the offer of the job. That clearly didn’t come close to happening (whether we wanted to get there with him or not is another matter). Maybe his agent’s demands were absurd, maybe not—but I doubt he got a money figure from us at all at the point we were at with him. 

3 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Let's just trust in Harris, Peters and Co. If they hire Quinn then let's get behind the team, nobody knows how good Quinn will be 2nd time around.

No thanks. I don’t blind trust anything.

But I’m also not foolish enough (while still foolish) to think that my opinion dooms the guy. He could absolutely land here and find success.

But I don’t like it and I’m not going to pretend to. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, mh86 said:

I don’t necessarily blame him. He’s 37, on a great team, with a chance to run it back. He’ll have options next year and likely from teams that he may feel are better choices. I think he’s also smoking what Dan Campbell is selling and high on the supply. 

Could be but there are no guarantees, when somebody dangles that check and gives you an opportunity I would jump on it. They play a first-place schedule next year and who knows when Goff will fade like he did at LA. I kind of feel like he knows he's not ready and he tried to price himself out of the market and then got nervous when he found out people may actually be willing to stroke that check.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

If it's MacDonald or Quinn, they could go Klint Kubiak for OC. Peters knows him well from SF and Quinn would have the Kyle connection.

Quinn has been a head coach and it didn't work out. What makes them think it's going to work out here? Definitely don't want him. I want an up and coming coordinator like MacDonald 

• Like 1

Just now, FlyBigBeard said:

Quinn has been a head coach and it didn't work out. What makes them think it's going to work out here? Definitely don't want him. I want an up and coming coordinator like MacDonald 

At least with Raheem you could argue he was dealt a crap hand with Freeman and could see the arguement for him being better this time around.  Quinn was handed a top 10 qb and top 3 receiver for his entire tenure and still managed to hover around .500. 

• Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, FlyBigBeard said:

I prefer MacDonald too but there's a lot of smoke that the FO loves Quinn.

1 minute ago, rockluc said:

At least with Raheem you could argue he was dealt a crap hand with Freeman and could see the arguement for him being better this time around.  Quinn was handed a top 10 qb and top 3 receiver for his entire tenure and still managed to hover around .500. 

Exactly, we have seen what he is about as a HC (not impressed) he is best suited to be a defensive coordinator. Let's see what a new up and coming coordinator has to offer and go with it 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I prefer MacDonald too but there's a lot of smoke that the FO loves Quinn.

That's what scares me. I thought we were over this. Dan Snyder type of move. (If it happens) I soooo hope it doesn't. It would be a major letdown. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FlyBigBeard said:

What makes them think it's going to work out here?

What made Seattle think it was going to work for Carroll?

What made New England think it was going to work for Belichick?

What made Kansas City think it was going to work for Reid?

What made St. Louis think it was going to work for Dick Vermeil?

What made Indianapolis think it was going to work for Tony Dungy?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2