Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

Ideally Slowik would be the perfect head coach for a young QB. 

However, he's getting absolutely no buzz and I wonder if he just lacks the personality or gravitas you need in a head coach.

One thing is certain-- Adam Peters is well acquainted with his capabilities.

At this point Slowik would be a blessing! From your lips...

• Like 2

Just now, ntotoro said:

I remember when Marvin Lewis took the Bengals job, his reasoning that these don't come across often and... if you say no... people don't forget that ****.

Be wise to remember that, Johnson.

We're kind of living that with Bienemy. If the Chiefs had lost a Wild Card game the last two years, he is possibly a head coach now.

Now.....there's a real chance he will not be an OC anywhere next season.

The NFL is weird.

• Like 1

So this might sound like a stupid question but what's the big knock on Quinn?? Honest question here. I'm just going with the popular opinion on the guy, but he built a great defense in Seattle,  took the Falcons to the Super bowl (yes I know it was the ultimate choke job) and turned around that atrocious defense in Dallas. I see tweet after tweet about him being one of the most respected dudes in the league,  but it seems like nobody wants anything to do with him.  Yet people fall head over heals for Vrabel,  which I don't think any of his teams were even close to being contenders,  good teams,  but nothing elite.  And before anyone says it, I am not advocating for Dan Quinn as our HC.  

• Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The Commies should have at least said "Before you do that, at least meet with us."  Or even better "Hey, before you make any final decisions, let us know because we want to be able to meet with you to put our best offer on the table." 

And you know they didn’t because?

1 minute ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

So this might sound like a stupid question but what's the big knock on Quinn?? Honest question here. I'm just going with the popular opinion on the guy, but he built a great defense in Seattle,  took the Falcons to the Super bowl (yes I know it was the ultimate choke job) and turned around that atrocious defense in Dallas. I see tweet after tweet about him being one of the most respected dudes in the league,  but it seems like nobody wants anything to do with him.  Yet people fall head over heals for Vrabel,  which I don't think any of his teams were even close to being contenders,  good teams,  but nothing elite.  And before anyone says it, I am not advocating for Dan Quinn as our HC.  

He is simply the safe hiring. His ceiling is known and not as high as the potential of some of the other candidates.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

On Vrabel, why everyone is so intrigued is because few have maximized talent the way he has. They have drafted very poorly and lost player after player to injuries and continued to stay competitive despite that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

So this might sound like a stupid question but what's the big knock on Quinn?? Honest question here. 

Seeing how he got absolutely obliterated in the recent playoff game....HARD mother ****ing pass!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Redskins Reparations said:

I respect to Johnson for remaining loyal to the Lions. 

But you have to have couth too and not at least meeting with the team or shaking hands face to face looks pretty bad.  

2 hours ago, Curtisp5286 said:

It’s not unprofessional to turn down a job offer. 

No, but it is unprofessional to take a bunch of interviews, moving on a 2nd or 3rd with teams then canceling an in person interview last minute when you knew we were coming to Detroit to do an interview.  I would have respected him more if he had the interview with us, then broke the news he was staying in Detroit an hour or two afterwards.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

This needs to go down.  T M is spotty but I hope he's right about this one!  :)  I have mentioned Greg Roman but got head butted by a response that "He was trash". I certainly don't think so.  

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, srtman04 said:

Seeing how he got absolutely obliterated in the recent playoff game....HARD mother ****ing pass!!!!

Quinn's record as a HC is also... how should I say this, less than stellar.  Perhaps he would be a better HC his second time around but it just feels like another Ron hire to me, fully realizing they aren't alike supposedly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, srtman04 said:

Yeah I get it, I felt the same way after that game, and like mentioned above 5 years ago I would have been cool with the "safe" hire.....I guess my brain is trying to prepare my heart for us hiring Quinn so I'm just trying to find some ray of sunlight lol 🤣