Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Slowik, MacDonald, Weaver, Quinn, Glenn.  Those are the backups.

I'm not sure if backups is the right way to describe it. While Johnson was the favorite here and in lots of media posts, who knows what the Peters, Harris, et al. were actually thinking.

1 minute ago, ntotoro said:

I can choose anyone I want and I choose... Ben Richards! He's one mean mother****er!!!

Oh, wait... that was a movie...

Rest assured that at least one person understood that reference. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

For me it goes:

1. Mike Macdonald

2. Bobby Slowik

3. Mike Vrabel

Somewhere I don’t wanna go. Dan Quinn

Me too, but with Vrabel as #2 over Slowik. People forgetting how great of a coach Vrabel is. Great play-calling and he had that squad running through brick walls for him every week. He just needed a better QB and more talent on offense outside of Derrick Henry & AJ Brown. 

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21
  • Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I wanted Johnson and am definitely disappointed, but its not like he chose another HC job over us. And at the end of the day, you gotta move on. There are still some other really good candidates.

I want Mike Macdonald. And I hope when we play that spineless dickbag he takes his lunch money, bangs his girlfriend, and shoves his ass in a locker.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Seahawks didn't want him either or they would have made him an offer yesterday.

Johnson just doesn't interview well I guess and perhaps doesn't give off HC vibes.

Yeah i been reading but I choose not to jump to that conclusion. Could be true, could be wrong. I don't have the impulse to decide a speculation is truth, especially if it seems to provide a comforting thought to nurse s disappointed expectation. I am ok with just moving on to making the best choice available now and hoping it works. 🙂  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For clarification

You quoted my post and referred to Hitman.  Hitman isn't me of course for those uninitiated.   

Yes. I was quoting the tweet, which you posted. A common tactic around here. :ols:

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For clarification

You quoted my post and referred to Hitman.  Hitman isn't me of course for those uninitiated.   

But to the rest of your post.  😎

If there is something to Ben's personality making him the underdog, be shocked if Slowik emerged.  It would be likey that nerdy kid struck out at the singles bar, but wonder if they even nerdier kid does better?  But will see -- maybe personality-leadership didn't do Johnson in.

I just don't buy Johnson thinking he has this in the bag and bowed out.  i am guessing he got word that someone who interviewed yesterday killed it or something like that.

Granted its just a guess.  But there are reporters guessing the same.

Yeah I have a feeling its Quinn too.  The Seattle reporter I listened to this morning said the team was very intrigued by McDonald because they are obsessed with beating SF and Mcdonald helped do that.  He still thought Johnson was higher on their list but thought Mcdonald had a strong shot.

Sheehan said today that he heard that the brass was very impressed with Quinn in his zoom interview.  

Why shouldn't the Commander's brass not be impressed with MacDonald too.  Just don't add up.  What Sheehan said about the Seattle reporter about the team was very intrigued by McDonald because they are obsessed with beating SF and Mcdonald helped do that should be the same way we look at it or any team looking for a HC of MacDonald's creds should be. :) 

Just now, KDawg said:

Yeah, I’m cracking up. I sure as **** wanted him. And it’s incredibly disappointing we didn’t get him.

Next is people repeating, “I trust Peters to hire the right guy and will support him 100%”

Exactly.

I wanted Johnson too, but the way he's getting ****ted on for wanting to stay in a good situation is odd.

What he understands (and what plenty of people here seem to not understand, unfortunately) is that he'll always have an opportunity to be a head coach somewhere, as long as the Lions keep looking good.  And they're set up to be good for the next few years.  There's no reason why that guy should hop ship and come to a mess like ours.  Granted, new ownership, exciting new GM but there's still a lot to do and that guy can sit back in Detroit for another year, help guide that team to the playoffs and see what other opportunities are out there this time next year.

Some of you guys are acting like he turned down a primo head coaching opportunity in the NFL when that's not really the case.  

• Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I wanted Johnson too, but the way he's getting ****ted on for wanting to stay in a good situation is odd.

My issue is he turned us down before even meeting with us...en route. Dick move.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Quoting you for the tweet and responding to the tweet:

Or, he was conflicted but knew that they were heading to Detroit to interview Aaron Glenn anyways, so knew it wasn't a major issue to let them know at that point.

I'm not on the plane but it doesn't bother me at all except for the fact the coach I wanted doesn't want us :( 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Because I am not in the know of the situation and the media has said zero about it other than he interviewed last week. 

I am not, in any way, claiming I know that Slowik won’t be given a chance. 

I just think that part of the reason that Quinn and MacDonald’s names have been batted around a lot more the past week is because they are the ones who were setting up interviews.  Slowik on the other hand had already interviewed and there wasn’t much to say about him because no info is leaking.  Just a thought.

• Like 1

Well there you go, there was enough doubt being put out there. Kinda disappointed in the outcome, but not a disaster….unless we go Quinn….Its Slowik or MacDonald for me.

What I will say about Johnson is, this is a pretty lame stunt to pull. Doesn’t reflect well as a general behavioural trait for a guy apparently expecting a fully guaranteed 75mil deal. So with that in mind, move on and forget about him.

Just now, DiscoBob said:

This thread has convinced me that we need a new head coach who's name supports d*** jokes, or else all of our talents are going to waste

That's why so many people wanted Ben Johnson.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Exactly.

What he understands (and what plenty of people here seem to not understand, unfortunately) is that he'll always have an opportunity to be a head coach somewhere, as long as the Lions keep looking good.  And they're set up to be good for the next few years.  There's no reason why that guy should hop ship and come to a mess like ours.  Granted, new ownership, exciting new GM but there's still a lot to do and that guy can sit back in Detroit for another year, help guide that team to the playoffs and see what other opportunities are out there this time next year.

Some of you guys are acting like he turned down a primo head coaching opportunity in the NFL when that's not really the case.  

Basically the entire media confirmed the attractiveness of this job. Adam Peters, who was very selective, came here after all.