Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Most important aspect of being a HC.  We need this desperately!  

If its purely based on reputation as to leadership-motivational skills is the #1 thing Quinn would have the edge over Johnson-McDonald.

While i am not in the camp that we are basically hiring a coordinator for a lateral move here and personality-leadership doesn't matter.  I am a hybrid on play calling-leadership and i do favor offense over defense.  So on that front for me its 1. Johnson.  2. McDonald.  3. Quinn

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

Just now, CapsSkins said:

We have to talk to Weaver or Glenn to satisfy Rooney Rule first.

Yep and I don't see Johnson as someone who makes rash decisions.  So we will speak with both him and Allen.  We know that we will pick the best leader for the HC position and this group of Harris, Adams and the rest will get it right!  :)  

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

If its purely based on reputation and if leadership-motivational skills is the #1 thing Quinn would have the edge over Johnson-McDonald.

While i am not in the camp that we are basically hiring a coordinator for a lateral move here and personality-leadership doesn't matter.  I am a hybrid on play calling-leadership and i do favor offense over defense.  So on that front for me its 1. Johnson.  2. McDonald.  3. Quinn

Let us see.  You know mine.  Two only and you know my front man for HC. 

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Welp! Buckle up folks (this is why I wanted everyone to relax)

Kudos to John Keim who I tore up.  Slam dunk used by Schefter!  Wow, I still think Mac or Ben, one of the two will be our HC.  Weaver?  No way to Aaron Glenn!  

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Jody Allen is worth 20.3 Billion. Right in line with Tepper. Money will be no object.

Money isn't everything.  Family is more important than money, sometimes.  

So glad we don't have to wait until 2/12/24!

I think there's two or three coaches out there that can do a good job for us. I'm definitely not going to lose any sleep if we don't get Ben Johnson. The most important part of our off-season was nailing the GM which hopefully we have done because without a QB none of these guys are going to be worth a s***.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Let us see.  You know mine.  Two only and you know my front man for HC. 

I thought you already declared Johnson as 100%?  We need you go to on twitter and just annouce this officially and put this whole thing to rest.  😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Im sure its been posted so I apologize if so.. have we met the Rooney rule yet?  Since Virtual interviews do not count, who have we met with in person to satisfy this rule?  EB obviously doesn't count since he is current staff. 

No, not yet. We need to do 2 in-person interviews with external candidates. We have so far only done one (Raheem Morris).

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I think there's two or three coaches out there that can do a good job for us. I'm definitely not going to lose any sleep if we don't get Ben Johnson. The most important part of our off-season was nailing the GM which hopefully we have done because without a QB none of these guys are going to be worth a s***.

I mostly agree with this, but I am going to have a bit of hard time believing if they hire Quinn, that he's still gonna be the head coach in 6 years.  That will take some convincing.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I thought you already declared Johnson as 100%?  We need you go to on twitter and just annouce this officially and put this whole thing to rest.  😎

Hey SIP. Really?  I've given respect to both. Are you frustrated and taking it out?  LOL  I recanted what I said in a previous post.  Go find it.  Ok.  LOL  Let me help you:  "I leave with this. Really it boils down to will Harris, Peters and Washington leadership choose Ben Johnson or Mike MacDonald. It's that simple. Tough choice to make as both are great at what they do as coordinators, Ben Johnson as OC and Mike MacDonald as DC. One of them will be our HC."   

😉

3 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

I mostly agree with this, but I am going to have a bit of hard time believing if they hire Quinn, that he's still gonna be the head coach in 6 years.  That will take some convincing.

I'm with you on Quinn, it would feel like a meh hiring for me but we'll see, I guess we gotta trust that our new GM knows what he's doing.

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I'm with you on Quinn, it would feel like a meh hiring for me but we'll see, I guess we gotta trust that our new GM knows what he's doing.

I don't hate Quinn but after Harris bought the team and Peters became GM, it would just feel super deflating to end up with another retread defensive minded coach that's over 50.

• Like 6

Seattle has satisfied the Rooney Rule.  If Quinn was their #1 they could have hired him days ago.  Perhaps they are just doing their due diligence and still end up with Quinn but it doesn't seem to be the case to me.  Their fans (who Im surrounded by) want Johnson or Macdonald.  They are about 50/50 on that. 

I think we have the more desirable landing spot for a HC between Seahawks and Us - obviously the contact and $$$ plays a huge role however.   I think we get Johnson and perhaps Quinn at DC if we throw enough money at him.  I think Seahawks go with Macdonald.

The Washington job is truly a once in a lifetime shot at being the HC of what is in essence a clean slate, brand new franchise. Offers from any other team, (and at this point its only one team remaining)  would have to be a really good offer. Not saying Seattle doesn't make an offer that really hits home with an individual candidate, perhaps on a more personal note, but I have a hard time believing Seattle is a better job at this moment in time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

For sure, it's entirely possible that the new brain trust could make an unpopular, and correct, decision.  It's just gonna not be as much fun unless it starts showing fruit, which it cant until the games begin so...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

I thought Harris was going to meeting with Ben Johnson early in the week.  I guess not.  This is going to be so bad if Johnson somehow ends up in Seattle

But at least Bieniemy is still available.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Hey SIP. Really?  I've given respect to both. Are you frustrated and taking it out?  LOL  I recanted what I said in a previous post.  Go find it.  Ok.  LOL  Let me help you:  "I leave with this. Really it boils down to will Harris, Peters and Washington leadership choose Ben Johnson or Mike MacDonald. It's that simple. Tough choice to make as both are great at what they do as coordinators, Ben Johnson as OC and Mike MacDonald as DC. One of them will be our HC."   

😉

I am not frustrated one whit.  Just having fun.  

giphy.gif

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Have to assume Harris/Peters & co. isn't worried about losing out on Ben Johnson.  They could've satisfied the Rooney rule by now if they wanted to be able to get at Johnson before the Seahawks.  They seem to be taking their time now while Seattle is full steam ahead with interviews of Johnson today and Macdonald tomorrow.   They can make the hire of either before we can.  Interesting.  Trusting in our guys at the top is all we can do.