Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, kfrankie said:

Hank Fraley went to Gaithersburg HS. Nothing good ever came out of there....

Hey now! I teach there and the kids are great! In all seriousness, I’ve spoken to my buddy who grew up with Hank (he said he was texting with him so I’d assume they are close still) and my buddy confirmed Hank thinks he has a shot to follow Ben Johnson as his OC wherever he goes. Basically he said his offense is so dependent on the OL with the run designs and everything. That being said, Hank did say that Ben has NOT said anything to him behind closed doors, or atleast if they did Hank is telling his friends. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I am so excited that we have finally gotten here.

The moment we've suffered and waited decades for is near.

The next 48 to 72 hrs will without question be the most important decision making period our football team has faced in over 40 years.

Not since Jan 13th, 1981, when after a contentious 3 and a half hour face to face final interview (grilling), Jack Kent Cooke aka "The Squire", accepted the reccomendation of his precocious GM Bobby Beathard and offered Joe Jackson Gibbs the opportunity which would eventually make all three men eternal legends in DMV sports history. 

The bespectacled, slightly pudgy, sometimes high pitched speaking Gibbs, at first glance must have looked and seemed more like a substitute high school teacher than  someone you'd pick to lead a group of alpha males into battle,  a man  who would lead 4 teams to the Super Bowl, winning three Lombardi trophies with three different quarterbacks-- a feat that remains without peer to this day.

We all have our favorites, the man we'd love to see chosen to lead us back to the promised land, whether it be Johnson, MacDonald, Quinn, Weaver et al. 

Although one candidate seems, by all credible accounts, to have a huge lead as we approach the final turn to the hone stretch-- I agree with Keim that everyone they interview is truly in play-- and that's ultimately a good thing.

If in the final interviews some longshot candidate pulls a Tomlin, then I hope we have the courage to make what might be a surprising or initially unpopular decision and hire them.

My one hope is that this process yields the very best candidate to lead our team into a victorious future-- whoever he may be.

"He who dares, wins!"

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 3

23 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

My one hope is that this process yields the very best candidate to lead our team into a victorious future-- whoever he may be.

"He who dares, wins!"

injoshwetrust.0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Take it for what it's worth... doubt this account has any real sources.

Thanks, and I know you mean well, HTTRD but when one sees a tweeter with 1000-10,000K followers they, to me are wanna be, click bait type of "I am a NFL, NBA,  etc. sports twitter beat reporter.  :)  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I am so excited that we have finally gotten here.

The moment we've suffered and waited decades for is near.

The next 48 to 72 hrs will without question be the most important decision making period our football team has faced in over 40 years.

Not since Jan 13th, 1981, when after a contentious 3 and a half hour face to face final interview (grilling), Jack Kent Cooke aka "The Squire", accepted the reccomendation of his precocious GM Bobby Beathard and offered Joe Jackson Gibbs the opportunity which would eventually make all three men eternal legends in DMV sports history. 

The bespectacled, slightly pudgy, sometimes high pitched speaking Gibbs, at first glance must have looked and seemed more like a substitute high school teacher than  someone you'd pick to lead a group of alpha males into battle,  a man  who would lead 4 teams to the Super Bowl, winning three Lombardi trophies with three different quarterbacks-- a feat that remains without peer to this day.

We all have our favorites, the man we'd love to see chosen to lead us back to the promised land, whether it be Johnson, MacDonald, Quinn, Weaver et al. 

Although one candidate seems, by all credible accounts, to have a huge lead as we approach the final turn to the hone stretch-- I agree with Keim that everyone they interview is truly in play-- and that's ultimately a good thing.

If in the final interviews some longshot candidate pulls a Tomlin, then I hope we have the courage to make what might be a surprising or initially unpopular decision and hire them.

"He who dares, wins!"

Good post...seems to me that the million dollar question for the defensive candidates is "who is your OC going to be and how do you develop young QB's"? Johnson would have the clear advantage there. All things being close as far as leadership skills, game planning, track records I'd think the offensive system and QB development questions loom largest. I'd assume that's a big reason why Johnson is the favorite?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Take it for what it's worth... doubt this account has any real sources.

I'm hearing from my sources that I'm incredibly good-looking and intelligent. More follow-ups to come.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Cowboys Rumors: Ron Rivera Eyed for DC If Dan Quinn Takes Commanders or Seahawks HC

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10106964-cowboys-rumors-ron-rivera-eyed-for-dc-if-dan-quinn-takes-commanders-or-seahawks-hc

Could there possibly be anything more poetic than us getting Johnson and the cowboys replacing Quinn with Rivera?

Rivera going from Dan Snyder to Jerry Jones.....Poor ****.

• Haha 2

Adam S. said Ben isn’t a lock here.

I figure they will look at the 5 candidates they are interviewing today and tomorrow and decide which the best one.  It’s possible one of the other candidates just wows them and they get hired instead.

My guess Wednesday the braintrust talks  about the candidates and probably make an offer maybe Wednesday evening but probably Thursday.

They have an idea who they want but will  interview everyone and decide and maybe they get swayed from their initial choice.

• Like 1

I listened to Standig both in his podcast and on Sheehan today.  His point was it appears that Seattle might be honing in on Johnson based on deduction.  They could have hired Quinn already and didn't.  And if they liked McDonald so much why didn't they give him a zoom interview.

Keim on his podcast, same old stuff.  The people in the league that the media talks to think it will be Johnson.  Keim thinks Johnson is the favorite but its not slam dunk.   Keim again doubled down that its not just about play calling, they want a leader.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

Hey what can we do, this guy seems like he has all the scoops...

https://twitter.com/AllProAnalytics/status/1715854054557913255

"Getting cozy with it", is that what you youngins call it, nowadays?

TMzzz is reporting that Frank Gore came over unannounced and Taylor immediately sent Travis out to buy  ice, pretzels, and soft drinks.

When he got back the door was bolted and nobody answered the phone.

Poor guy.

Screenshot_20240129_130302_X.thumb.jpg.87cbde938aec8b3efc9d6a0cb8a8c3ad.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I listened to Standig both in his podcast and on Sheehan today.  His point was it appears that Seattle might be honing in on Johnson based on deduction.  They could have hired Quinn already and didn't.  And if they liked McDonald so much why didn't they give him a zoom interview.

Keim on his podcast, same old stuff.  The people in the league that the media talks to think it will be Johnson.  Keim thinks Johnson is the favorite but its not slam dunk.   Keim again doubled down that its not just about play calling, they want a leader.

Most important aspect of being a HC.  We need this desperately!  

His point was it appears that Seattle might be honing in on Johnson based on deduction

Makes sense. It is up to Johnson whether he wants to hear what the Commanders have to offer or not. Problem with letting the Seahawks get first dibs on him. We should be interviewing him today. Not them.

Keim on his podcast, same old stuff.  The people in the league that the media talks to think it will be Johnson.  Keim thinks Johnson is the favorite but its not slam dunk. 

Would be shocking if Johnson inks a deal with Seattle without sitting down with Washington first.

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Makes sense. It is up to Johnson whether he wants to hear what the Commanders have to offer or not. Problem with letting the Seahawks get first dibs on him. We should be interviewing him today. Not them.

Why would he not want to hear what Washington has to offer?

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Cowboys Rumors: Ron Rivera Eyed for DC If Dan Quinn Takes Commanders or Seahawks HC

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10106964-cowboys-rumors-ron-rivera-eyed-for-dc-if-dan-quinn-takes-commanders-or-seahawks-hc

Could there possibly be anything more poetic than us getting Johnson and the cowboys replacing Quinn with Rivera?

welcome-to-hell.gif

Edited by Professor_Nutter_Butter
  • Haha 3

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Would be shocking if Johnson inks a deal with Seattle without sitting down with Washington first.

Especially with Rick Spielman working with Detroit and Rick being on our Advisory team and Myers was at the game yesterday in SF.  We all need to mellow out. I still say Harris, Peters and leadership have their bases covered on this.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

We have to talk to Weaver or Glenn to satisfy Rooney Rule first.

• Like 2

Im sure its been posted so I apologize if so.. have we met the Rooney rule yet?  Since Virtual interviews do not count, who have we met with in person to satisfy this rule?  EB obviously doesn't count since he is current staff.