Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

That's an interesting sidebar with Christensen if we could get him in some capacity 

Not only is he an excellent choice to help us groom our new quarterback but he'll be capable of giving us an insiders take on Maye.

The interview process with weaver must be a little awkward if we're looking to bring him in as defensive coordinator but are interviewing him for head coach to satisfy the rooney rule.

How do you even broach the subject?

After 90 minutes of the interview do you cough a little and go,  by the way we're hiring ben johnson but we'd love to have you as a coordinator?

Or do you think they go in already knowing what we we're pretty sure we already know.

Its kinda like when candidates run for president and then drop out and try to make themselves suitable candidates for VP or the cabinet.

Weaver likely wont get a HC job but knows if he interviews well hell be considered for DC jobs(assuming the DC job in Baltimore is still occupied by Macdonald).

• Like 1

Just now, RWJ said:

HUGE!  I hope Schnieder gets antsy and after interviewing Evero goes back to Quinn for his HC.  Here's to hoping!  :)  

It’s basically a foregone conclusion were getting Johnson. Just a matter of when and now talking about potential assistants.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

It’s basically a foregone conclusion were getting Johnson. Just a matter of when and now talking about potential assistants.

I agree but until its officially official.  You know, WH.  😆  John Schieder seems to go with DC HCs.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, but interesting to see how low Slowik is.  Also lmao at JDR and RR breaking the scale on defense. 

Also interesting we haven't seen more chatter about NO DC Joe Woods as a HC candidate after he apparently blew away all other defensive playcallers this year. 

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Like 1

There are a lot of sketchy coaches getting interviews for coordinator positions. 

I am confident that we won's be one of those teams bringing in second rate talent.

Sure feels good to feel that way. What a dramatic change for our 2 decade clown show!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Also interesting we haven't seen more chatter about NO DC Joe Woods as a HC candidate after he apparently blew away all other defensive playcallers this year. 

Didn’t he get fired from CLE last year?

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

That's an interesting sidebar with Christensen if we could get him in some capacity 

Not only is he an excellent choice to help us groom our new quarterback but he'll be capable of giving us an insiders take on Maye.

The interview process with weaver must be a little awkward if we're looking to bring him in as defensive coordinator but are interviewing him for head coach to satisfy the rooney rule.

How do you even broach the subject?

After 90 minutes of the interview do you cough a little and go,  by the way we're hiring ben johnson but we'd love to have you as a coordinator?

Or do you think they go in already knowing what we were pretty sure we already know.

I think they conduct the interview as strictly for the HC job.  If they later want to offer him a DC job, it will be after an interview with Johnson and it will be Johnson who requests the interview and offers the job.

• Like 1

has there been any information on anyone Adam Peters could be bringing with him from San Francisco in the front office? Do we have to wait for them to finish playing before we make those moves or is he simply not interested in bringing anyone with him?

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This analysis was posted before and I wrote a diatribe about how the analysis was flawed and stupid.

It is still flawed and stupid.  

Sometimes analysis is easy: the bad teams are getting new HCs and the good teams are playing in the conference championships.  And generally to be a good team you need a good offense.  

This is the type of analytics schlock media members put out to look smart but if you go one level deeper, it’s all fuzzy math.  

4 minutes ago, brewbrew2323 said:

has there been any information on anyone Adam Peters could be bringing with him from San Francisco in the front office? Do we have to wait for them to finish playing before we make those moves or is he simply not interested in bringing anyone with him?

I’d be shocked if anything happened with SF people before the draft.  Scouts are not allowed to move.  There could be a “director” who is hired or promoted or something but other than that it’s going to be the current staff working for Perters until after the draft.  Then you’ll see some shake-ups, is my guess 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, brewbrew2323 said:

Since your question has been out here for about 30 minutes and there are others that are more knowledgeable to answer your question that me, I would think that Peters could have brought or filled some positions in the F.O. immediately after he was hired.  However, when you are waiting and working on signing your HC and it's getting late for that right now it probably happens after the draft or sometime next season.  He could still make moves before the draft in the F.O. but he's working on hiring the HC right now.  I've heard some mention, Jim Nagy, Executive Director of the Senior Bowl.  Time will tell,  :)   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Since your question has been out here for about 30 minutes and there are others that are more knowledgeable to answer your question that me, I would think that Peters could have brought or filled some positions in the F.O. immediately after he was hired.  However, when you are waiting and working on signing your HC and it's getting late for that right now it probably happens after the draft or sometime next season.  He could still make moves before the draft in the F.O. but he's working on hiring the HC right now.  I've heard some mention, Jim Nagy, Executive Director of the Senior Bowl.  Time will tell,  :)   

I don’t know that I’m more knowledgeable. But I responded right above ^^ 

:P 

Fangio to the Eagles...

Eagles hired former Dolphins DC Vic Fangio for the same position.
It was previously reported that Fangio departed the Dolphins with the intent of coaching for the Eagles and the recent announcement makes the hire official. Fangio, widely regarded as one of the top defensive minds in league, will join Nick Sirianni’s staff as they look to return to the Super Bowl after a catastrophic fall from grace in the 2023 season, losing in the Wildcard Round after starting the year with a 10-1 record. It will be interesting to see how the team handles the 2023 NFL Draft and coming free agency considering the emphasis of safeties and linebackers in Fangio’s defensive scheme.
Edited by DWinzit
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, DWinzit said:

Fangio to the Eagles...

I think that was pretty much a done deal a few days ago. It's a good fit. Not looking forward to facing a Fangio D twice a year. He is NOT a good HC but he is a very good DC. 

Something that I have been keeping in mind through this process - If the search team was not pretty sure that they could get Ben J. they would have gone after someone else. But more importantly, these other teams fillnig thier HC positions before Ben is available shows they knew they were not in contention for him. Sure maybe one or two were not interested. But the fact is he was the #1 candidate during this HC cycle. So most were interested, but they must have know/surpised they had no chance. 

It's not done till it's done but I think its fair to say vmost if not all signs point towards Josh and team getting thier man. They just can't make it final until Detroit's done. I am very excited that for once a new HC will come in and pick his young QB to develop and grow with.