Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

Very possible, HigSkin.  Tepper has ruined his reputation at this time.  It will take time to build trust back.  That's why I always thought it was a shoe in for Johnson to be our new HC and money wouldn't be the issue with Johnson but Tepper would and still think so.  

Tepper is the new Dan Snyder when it comes to hiring. No one wants to work for him. And hiring from within one of the guys that built that crap roster is so Snyder.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I feel like Ben Johnson’s run first system is gonna drive a lot of fans crazy on gameday. I like Ben Johnson also as head coach he’s my first option.
But Detroit has a really talented offensive line

And talented playmakers 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I get why so many think Ben Johnson and Peters are a package deal because reading about them both -- they come off profile as similar people. 

Is there a DC included in that package by chance? 

Once the musical chairs stop it would be such a coup to get Johnson and back up the brinks truck to bring Vrabel in as DC. That’s exactly what Howie Roseman will do with the Eagles. We don’t need him going there if he doesn’t get a head job. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Once the musical chairs stop it would be such a coup to get Johnson and back up the brinks truck to bring Vrabel in as DC. That’s exactly what Howie Roseman will do with the Eagles. We don’t need him going there if he doesn’t get a head job. 

Vrabel is my top choice for DC as well. I want the Parcells/Belichick system here. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Vrabel will get a HC job. I think he'd only be a DC if it were for Bellicheck. 

Vrabel as Belichick's DC and de facto successor should he not leave before Bill retires could be the move unless Bill wants to bring along his son.

• Like 1

I’m not liking the Morris and Dan Quinn second interviews. Im perfectly fine with Ben Johnson but feels like the Dan Quinn things legit . 

2 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

Speculation or what he's heard?

He’s usually accurate and maybe Slowik might feel he needs another year . 

2 hours ago, redskin301 said:

I feel like Ben Johnson’s run first system is gonna drive a lot of fans crazy on gameday. I like Ben Johnson also as head coach he’s my first option.

And talented playmakers 

That's why they likely use a few of the draft picks on OL and TE. With a FA or 2 they could turn that OL around pretty quickly.

I have this feeling our top 2, Ben and Mike will be busy and our vacancy won’t be filled until after the Superbowl.

I’m feeling a Ravens-Lions Superbowl.

Adam better ensure minorities that other teams want to poach are hired in the front office and his coach hires some minorities in key roles.  San Fran keeps getting poached and racking up 3rd round picks. We need be pipeline here also.

6 hours ago, redskin301 said:

And talented playmakers 

I would trust him to come here and adapt to what he has and not bring an unchanged Lions playbook over with him. Also, we still have an entire offseason to work on that line.

Second part sounds more like a guess but nonetheless it's music to my ears. I prefer an offensive HC but McDonald would be my #1 choice if we go DC.

• Like 2

Disguise

If there is a single word that best describes MacDonald’s defenses it’s disguise. Every defense in the NFL talks about wanting to disguise their intentions before the snap to avoid giving the offense any clues and to confuse the quarterback as much as possible post-snap. However, very few teams are as committed to, and as good at, disguising things as MacDonald and his Ravens unit..............................

Pressure packages

Another key feature of MacDonald’s defenses are his pressure packages. The Ravens topped the sack charts and pressure rates this season yet lack elite talent up front that you would typically associate with teams that generate so much pressure. That means a lot of that pressure is coming from the scheme rather than the personnel. Just like how he disguises his coverages and pre-snap looks, MacDonald also does a great job disguising his pressure packages and on top of that, understands how exactly to attack different protection schemes to exploit their weaknesses......................

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 2

I recall over a month ago saying the Lions might be the best team in the NFC and got some grief for it here.  But still I am hoping my prediction-thought doesn't bear fruit so we can precede with chasing Johnson. the longer this goes the harder it will be to fill the staff with the best available

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

Why force Leno to restructure when we have a zillion dollars in cap space and no LT replacement on the horizon and a rookie QB coming in? In other words, why weaken the line for marginal cap savings when we're entering a phase where overspending on the line would actually be desirable for the development of the most important player on our team.

• Like 2

Just now, Going Commando said:

Why force Leno to restructure when we have a zillion dollars in cap space and no LT replacement on the horizon and a rookie QB coming in? In other words, why weaken the line for marginal cap savings when we're entering a phase where overspending on the line would actually be desirable for the development of the most important player on our team.

100% agree GC.  Leno gets a bad rap.  He's not elite or anything, but he's a solid vet on a good contract.  We need to have a solid vet at LT for our rookie QB.  Heck, most LTs would have struggled with who was playing LG last year.  

Signing Owenwu to be RT and moving Wylie to LG improves the OL significantly.