Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I was all in on Johnson initially but Im now leading towards MaCdonald, my early reservations were purely because he is not on the offensive side of the ball and fears of losing our OC if they were good. More that I have thought about it and focused on MaCdonald I now lead toward him putting together a good D and trust him to find an OC. MaCdonald to me just seems to have that drive to excel in all aspects.

He beat the Lions this year in the regular season, 38-6 and every OC that is hot right now interviewing for HC positions handily!  He's the dude!  If we go Johnson, we need a dude hired as DC.  Peters must get the best one he can with input from HC and Harris.  

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

This week and possibly next week too if they advance., 

• Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Just read where the Lions offensive line coach might follow Ben Johnson wherever he goes. Hmm interesting. They have a durn good oline. I know they have talent but I figure he is also doing a heckuva job.

Yeah, Hank Fraley is Ben Johnson's oline coach

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

It would keep continuity in Johnson game as his OL is important to his philosophy of play calling.  Shall we say, today's version of Buges!  :)  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

The Panthers offense was atrocious this season. Seems odd

Could just be a Rooney rule interview. Also I think Reich called plays most of the season. Topper has done a Snyder type job there. They had the worst offensive talent. Adam Theilen as go to receiver.

One thing that could be going on with some of these candidates is teams looking to fill coordinator spots once they land their HC

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Its that old adage.  Offense wins games and defense wins championships!  Lol

I'd be pleased with any of them but my #1 is Johnson

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

One thing that could be going on with some of these candidates is teams looking to fill coordinator spots once they land their HC

Its that old adage.  Offense wins games and defense wins championships!  Lol

I'd be pleased with any of them but my #1 is Johnson

You said it, D wins Championships.  My #1 is MacDonald, followed by Johnson, then Raheem.  :)  

I'm not sure the Lions would let a coach go with Johnson unless Johnson plans on making him the OC, but in that case wouldn't the Lions just promote him? Or maybe they promote someone else. Or maybe Campbell is a class guy and lets a coach leave to coach somewhere else he feels a better fit for his career. Who knows.

9 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Misleading tweet. Implies that they made a jump from position coaches to HC. Campbell and Reid were Assistant Head Coaches. Kinda' significant 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

The Panthers offense was atrocious this season. Seems odd

Could be Tepper being the new Snyder card.  Other teams may grade people's performance in Carolina on a curve.

• Like 1

I think MacDonald has surpassed Johnson as my number one pick. Ravens D was supposed to be good, but not this good. He has done a masterful job with it. Johnson looks great as well, but how can you not with that great offensive line. Goff has all day to throw, and they can run the ball at will. Any “system” is going to look good with such a premium O line. We should wait it out and hopefully get one of the two. I’d be very happy with either one, everybody else is a distant third for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

It makes sense.  So much of what they do is dictated by their blocking schemes and run game.  Fraley is their o-line expert.  Johnson has experience working with QB/WR/TE.  They probably make a good team.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm not sure the Lions would let a coach go with Johnson unless Johnson plans on making him the OC, but in that case wouldn't the Lions just promote him? Or maybe they promote someone else. Or maybe Campbell is a class guy and lets a coach leave to coach somewhere else he feels a better fit for his career. Who knows.

Yes, that’s what the linked info said.  Fraley probably as OC.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Read over the weekend that our brain trust interviewed Eric Bieniemy.  Why?  Players during the season had issues with him.

I'm sure they have their reasons plus an interview hurts nothing especially with someone already in your building. 🤷‍♂️

My goodness!

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 3

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

Good hire for them but I can just about guarantee you, Johnson told him, " I am not interested". Tepper is super fortunate IF he can hire Canales as HC, Tepper messes this up and fires Canales, before his contract is up, should he accept the HC position not many will want to work for him.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1