Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

14 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Do you live in the DMV?  Let me know and we'll meet and hook you up and introduce you to the owners of the ones I go to.  The got the best pizza pies.  You pick the pizzeria you want to go to!  RS.  

I don't.  But back when I did the pizza sucked.  I've come back and visited the area many times and the pizza has gotten much better over the years. 😎

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't.  But back when I did the pizza sucked.  I've come back and visited the area many times and the pizza has gotten much better over the years. 😎

giphy.gif

By the way....

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, woodpecker said:

Hurts and AJ are cancers?? I don’t think so. Both are top-five at their position and better than anyone we’ve had in a long, long time.

No ones debating they’re top tier, he said they’re cancers. A lot of late season leaks about AJ causing a locker room divide and then rumors came out of Tennessee that it’s the reason why he was traded.

not sure about hurts though. I don’t recall reading anything negative about him, he seems solid.

• Like 2

Life long Chiefs fan and I'll never understand the media's love-affair with the 49ers. They've won diddly since the Young superbowl. Shannahan has only had intermittent success (misses the playoffs) with the team since 2019. They've had many, many head scratching moments in the draft. Many. And their free-agency is wild. Trading FOUR picks for a skill player? Didn't work out last year in the playoffs and it may not this year either (he's hurt). The Chiefs have the youngest defense in the league and it's rated #2. Says something. And just like the 49ers they've got a major contributor from the 7th round starting. They draft killers every year. And they don't ever need to trade the farm away nor are they empty handed. They've got two superbowls. Peters is a big name and he'll drum up interest but I'm honestly surprised they eschewed a guy from the Chiefs who was part of the MAHOMES draft and has been killing it for 15 years.  Time will tell.

Edited by seamonster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

@Skinsinparadise Who pairs well with Raheem if he is named our new HC.  Pairs well with in being OC and DC?  Give me some names?  For fun, guesstimating.  

OC:

Zac Robinson, RAMS

Klint Kubiak, 49ERS

Darrell Bevell, DOLPHINS 

Shane Waldron, SEAHAWKS

DC:

Aubrey Pleasant, RAMS

Chris Shula, RAMS

Larry Foote, BUCS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, seamonster said:

Life long Chiefs fan and I'll never understand the media's love-affair with the 49ers. They've won diddly since the Young superbowl. Shannahan has only had intermittent success (misses the playoffs) with the team since 2019. They've had many, many head scratching moments in the draft. Many. And their free-agency is wild. Trading FOUR picks for a skill player? Didn't work out last year in the playoffs and it may not this year either (he's hurt). The Chiefs have the youngest defense in the league and it's rated #2. Says something. And just like the 49ers they've got a major contributor from the 7th round starting. They draft killers every year. And they don't ever need to trade the farm away nor are they empty handed. They've got two superbowls. Peters is a big name and he'll drum up interest but I'm honestly surprised they eschewed a guy from the Chiefs who was part of the MAHOMES draft and has been killing it for 15 years.  Time will tell.

Do you want Eric Bieniemy back? I'm sure he'll be available.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, seamonster said:

Wow, a Chiefs fan is the last person who should be complaining because all I’ve seen this entire season is Kelce and Mahomes commercials over and over. If the media has a love affair with anybody, it’s them. San Fran is the top team in the conference this year, so they deserve whatever attention they are getting. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Do you want Eric Bieniemy back? I'm sure he'll be available.

Yes. Naggy is despised by all.  Eric is a very good red zone playcaller  (Washington is #4) and KC has been noticeably worse this year in the red-zone. 

12 minutes ago, seamonster said:

The attention complaint falls on deaf ears. Taylor Swift going to KC games has pulled more attention by itself than any other squad has received.

Beyond that SF is great. Purdy is an MVP candidate. Same with CMC. That warrants buzz.

The whole Raheem sales pitch from the Rams is awkward af.  They must really want to recoup some of those picks they’ve traded away over the years.  

And I like the idea of hiring a well connected guy that is beloved by players like Raheem.  In fact, aside from Ben Johnson and maybe Slowik, he’d be next on my list. 

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

The attention complaint falls on deaf ears. Taylor Swift going to KC games has pulled more attention by itself than any other squad has received.

Beyond that SF is great. Purdy is an MVP candidate. Same with CMC. That warrants buzz.

Why go with this guy from the 49ers and not Mike Borgonzi? Seems like trendy recency bias.

21 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Snipet in to Raheem Morris talking about the upcoming Lions game

Dude's happiness is just infectious.

Came in with a smile, told jokes... dude is just good peoples.

Almost impossible to root against a guy like that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, seamonster said:

I'm sure we all appreciate the Chiefs fan input but our new owner with advice from highly experienced sports executives chose their guy. And 99% of Commies fans are happy with it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThatNFLChick said:

OC:

Shane Waldron, SEAHAWKS

DC:

Larry Foote, BUCS

If it would turn out to be Morris give me these 2 guys

Waldron & Morris were together in LA and would have full rein of the offense and Larry Foote was a quality LB for the Steelers for years and would probably garner the respect of the players and the norm has been of late that quality players have made for quality coaches (specially on the Defensive side it seems)

Edited by Command The 414

11 minutes ago, redskin301 said:

@RWJ @Skinsinparadise 

Best pizza in town is Andy’s pizza in Tyson’s 2 hands down the best in dmv area

I'll take your word for it.  I have no idea.  LOL.  I am from Fairfax but worked moved me away from the area years ago.  Best pizza place around when I was living there but went out of business was Shakey's Pizza.  There was one in Fairfax, Annandale or Alexandira and Rockville. 

1 hour ago, seamonster said:

Why go with this guy from the 49ers and not Mike Borgonzi? Seems like trendy recency bias.

Teams have been lusting after Peters for years, it’s the opposite of recency bias—he has been an evaluator in 3 different SB contending organizations. Many of us on this board wanted him as the GM the moment it was announced Snyder was likely selling a little under a year ago. He’s been on our fan wishlists for years. He’s highly regarded around the league as an evaluator, communicator, and culture guy. He’s universally coveted by people with WAY more information than you or I possess. It’s not just about what the 49ers have done with their roster—assistant GM’s evaluate and give input, but there are at least two guys in that org chart (Shanahan and Lynch) who have more decision-making power—all of it, in fact. So it’s hard to divide credit for the big moves. Even still, the dynamics of that FO are pretty widely talked about and Peters is considered to have a large say in who they draft in the non-premium rounds and has killed it. 

Does anyone have detailed information about the inner workings of the Chief’s FO and Borgonzi’s exact role in it? What decisions are attributed to him and what connections does he have around the league? How many interviews and jobs has he turned down waiting for the perfect situation? 

I’m not here to trash talk the Chiefs org or roster but I’m also not going to act like drafting a good (not great) RB in the 7th is equivalent to lucking into Purdy, either (and I’m not giving Peters genius credit for Purdy either despite what I said about his heavy involvement in mid/late round picks because if anybody had a clue he had this in him he would have gone a lot higher. I’m glad for whatever process said Purdy was a worthwhile swing in the 7th but it’s not a sustainable feather in his cap). 

All that said, Harris and his search committee interviewed Borgonzi in person in Miami a week ago. They didn’t hire him over Peters. No idea whether that’s the right decision or not, but neither do you. So it’s a strange choice to come here to another team’s message board specifically to pump up your guy we didn’t hire and crap on the first GM we’ve had in basically 25 years. Knowledgeable rival fans are always welcome here, I’m just trying to suss out your motives. 

Here’s a genuine toast to your team though, and hopefully Borgonzi can help your FO sniff out another legit WR to draft or sign to go along with Rice, because I love watching Mahomes dominate the AFC. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3