Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

33 minutes ago, dunfer said:

oh. didnt think it would be that crazy

Yeah, wide receiver contracts have gone through the roof the last couple years. I believe the strategy is to make them so expensive that nobody with a franchise quarterback can afford to have a stud wide receiver.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I should send this to Rick Snider and ask him to do a "Give me 2 minutes" on this!  Whatcha think?  

*** Update *** Tweet sent to Rick!  😆

Edited by RWJ
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Good lord Im so glad we are done with the Snyder Era. Attitudes like that all stem from the top.

It permeated the entire organization.  The toxicity was nurtured and grew into anything DS touched. The Dark Ages that will live in infamy. 

• Like 1

For folks like @Voice of Reason who hate PFF, here’s a good rundown of what NFL teams actually use it for. Short version: not the player grades but the (expensive) proprietary data that all 32 teams pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for:

So it’s more for isolating data and sorting film that contains and reveals certain tendencies, behind the scenes. The per-play grades and especially overall grades are mostly for public consumption and social media fodder. But there’s extremely useful **** behind the scenes that keeps these guys in business, and did long before Collinsworth came along and bought the company.

It would be extremely inefficient for every NFL team to individually compile all the data and such that PFF offers behind the scenes. Multiple NFL people recently were reported to have said that the founders of PFF should be in the HOF—over the top maybe, but I think the point was that every NFL team, for a couple hundred grand, being able to instantly access all this information that used to take quality control interns hundreds of hours to compile and cut up has changed the game (and schemes/gameplanning, the game within the game) entirely. What the NFL gets out of PFF behind the scenes is invaluable, and then each team builds their own in-house analytics out from that information. What the public sees is the tip of the iceberg and isn’t representative of the actual utility of the data they compile for the NFL. 

(not to say that no NFL staffers use the grades. As Baldwin argues, I’m sure some do. But for example when people talk about Slowik having worked for PFF and helped them come up with some of their systems, they aren’t just talking about the stuff we see. They’re talking about the gameplan-specific data that pulls film for specific queries, too. And the attention to detail in his playcalling reflects that.)

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

Snapshotted this expanded tweet posted above bc I think it’s important to note that this is the OPPOSITE of what EB was doing to Howell. This is why people were saying that the way EB was scheming things and calling plays for Howell was criminal and gave him no chance.

It wasn’t just about not running the ball enough, or that in a vacuum passing efficiency >> running efficiency. That’s simpleton ****. That was always the “baby’s first football take” view. It was always about how EB was setting Howell up to get killed and making things harder for him in a way that showed he was completely clueless as an offensive mind in this league. The way he didn’t intelligently utilize the running game is just part of it—lack of motion, lack of play action passing, or under center playcalling at all was a travesty. These are all things that act as cheat codes in this league, and pump up passing efficiency even if you do want to pass all the time. EB just throwing Howell out in shotgun all the time is EA Madden type idiocy. He doesn’t deserve another OC job, let alone HC interviews. He’s been exposed now. 

Thankfully it won’t be hard for the next playcaller to do much better for our next QB prospect. 

image.png

Edited by Conn
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Absolutely. Especially if that complementary quarterback is the greatest of all time, and only accounts for a fraction of his fair market value against the salary cap because his model wife is worth ten times more.

Not going to restart the chicken or the egg argument (Belichick vs. Brady). They should be equally credited for their accomplishments in NE, and I’ve read a couple of Patriots book to understand that culture of accountability and simplicity imposed by the Hood played a significant role in TB12’s growth and success there.

5 hours ago, RabidFan said:

Hell I wouldn't mind Crowder back on our PS to start as he has the experience and knack to find the soft spot in a zone to move the chains.  Plus he'd be real affordable

I was SO happy when he fumbled against the Jets, I wanted us to lose so bad for that high draft pick. His fumble was the equivalent of him catching a 50 yrd TD pass. I've never been that happy for a Redskins fumble EVER. **** it, resign him.

• Haha 1

This is another, less obvious, reason to hire an HC who doubles as a coordinator IMO. If you do experience success and make a dep post season run, your coordinators are not able to focus 100% of their time and energy on game planning during the week as they also have to prep for (and take) interviews. 

It probably has less of an impact than this tweet suggests, but it still matters. 

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This is another, less obvious, reason to hire an HC who doubles as a coordinator IMO. If you do experience success and make a dep post season run, your coordinators are not able to focus 100% of their time and energy on game planning during the week as they also have to prep for (and take) interviews. 

It probably has less of an impact than this tweet suggests, but it still matters. 

I brought this up a few days ago and its a valid point. However I think the initial interview in this case (which is done remotely) is more of a "hey were interested in you and want to pursue this further, don't commit anywhere else until we can talk in depth". Im sure the Commanders etc. realize that any OC who is still involved in the playoffs is not fully prepared to interview at this time. More of a mutual acknowledgement of interest and a measure from the team not to be last in line so to speak. 

3 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I brought this up a few days ago and its a valid point. However I think the initial interview in this case (which is done remotely) is more of a "hey were interested in you and want to pursue this further, don't commit anywhere else until we can talk in depth". Im sure the Commanders etc. realize that any OC who is still involved in the playoffs is not fully prepared to interview at this time. More of a mutual acknowledgement of interest and a measure from the team not to be last in line so to speak. 

Yes, that’s true. But if you’re doing 5+ interviews like that, it adds up, and time is a finite commodity. 

You would also want to be at least someone prepared for potential questions teams might throw at you. Not every team will be fully understanding of his current priorities. 

2 hours ago, SonnySideUp said:

Dan Graziano's predictions for current HC openings.

https://archive.ph/LPaGn

Atlanta - Bill Belichick

Carolina - Brian Callahan

Raiders - Antonio Pierce stays

Chargers - Jim Harbaugh

Seahawks - Mike Vrabel

Titans - Aaron Glenn

Commanders - Ben Johnson

Slowik doesn't get a HC position...

Peters gets his BJ!