Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep.

All teams miss more than hit on their picks.  It's part of the reason why the anayltics types like to trade down because you have a bigger shot to hit the dart board the more darts you throw.  I can demonize and easily so any GM if I work with the fantasy that some have that good GMs rarely miss and most picks hit.  Not only do good GMs miss but they pretty much all have some egg in your face in retrospect picks that look embarassing today.  It comes with the turf.

But yeah bringing this back to Peters he's killed it on some picks.  Pro Bowl-All Pro players in the 5th round.  

I think we in good hands with Harris for multiple reasons.  Among them based on what I've heard and he's insinuated, he wants his GMs to be aggressive and shoot for the fences.  And is OK with misses as long as the process is sound.    That's important.  Among other reasons why Dan sucked from what I heard people were afraid of making mistakes working with him because he would hang those mistakes on those employees.

Agree albiet the "more than that" comment doesn't really apply to my post.  I wasn't summarizing a FO culture.  I was simply referencing that missing on draft picks is OK.   

But to your pont, yes SF has an identity.   Baltimore has one.  The Eagles have one.   Rivera never had one, it swung from this to that.  Spielman talked about it on Keim's podcast -- coach-GM cohesion.

Hey I wasn’t being negative, maybe should have used “in addition to” instead. I thought your post was right on, and wanted to add the coleslaw to that Carolina BBQ you served up. 

3 hours ago, FrFan said:

They can use Zoom an sign him right away ! :P

He cursed out Daboll and was fired, he may have a character issue.

Martindale was with Baltimore for years, with no flare-ups or character issues. In NY, there was friction between them from day one. Daboll is a guy who yells and screams during practices and games, at players, refs, everybody. And he makes it personal when someone makes a mistake. Martindale hated that, and is someone who keeps his composure. on Monday, Daboll fired two Martindale assistants before telling him. That's when Marinade cursed out Daboll and walked out of the building. I don't really blame him...

10 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

I like to have fun but on a serious note, if you're looking for an OC that's good with QB and can change a career around (Goff, maybe Howell), Johnson is your guy! 

Give me some Johnson but make it Slowik.  Which way you go?  You got to go Johnson but a tough call.  Slowick is slowly dismantling but there's not resistance by the Brown's D!  

Edited by RWJ

Riddle me this, wonder why not much or any interest in Todd Monkton of the Ravens? The only team I’ve heard asked for permission to interview him was Carolina.  I mean he is a 2 time defending National Champion at Georgia w/ 

Stenson Bennett and so far he has the Ravens Offense on full cylinders…. Could it be his age? Is it he has Lamar? I wonder why not much love on a National scale for him compared to these younger guys … also he had a nice run in Tampa before going to college with the Bulldogs 

2 hours ago, seantaylor=god said:

Not to mention some of his “hits” are all pro players, not just starters.

While last year's draft generally wasn't looked at well, some of the Rivera era drafts got decent reviews.  While I'm making no assumptions, I'm hoping coaching can make a few guys take another level.  

I expect decent turnover on this team, but I do hope we get more out of some of the guys that remain.  Maybe not sudden All-Pro level, but more than recent production.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

While last year's draft generally wasn't looked at well, some of the Rivera era drafts got decent reviews.  While I'm making no assumptions, I'm hoping coaching can make a few guys take another level.  

I expect decent turnover on this team, but I do hope we get more out of some of the guys that remain.  Maybe not sudden All-Pro level, but more than recent production.

Coaches that can coach COULD bring that out of the players on this or any roster.  Good point, CDM.  :) 

2 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

I think coaching/scheme are a big factor in why we’ve looked so bad. Not to say we’re full of HoFers, but we likely have some untapped talent.

• Like 2

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Slowing is showing off tonight. Tired of hearing all the Johnson to DC talk 😃

He really is on fire and I'm not advocating for any particular guy because I like a lot of them.  One thing Pioli mentioned as a guest with Hoffman was GM and head coach really have to be in lockstep, moving in the same direction.  They are around each other more than their wives and family.

• Like 3

Slowik is calling a masterclass against a very good defense. I still have concerns, I generally dislike coordinators jumping up after only a year in that position, but this offense is impressive.

My wishlist right now for head coach next year:

Ben Johnson

Mike Macdonald

Dan Quinn

Bobby Slowik

I’d be very disappointed if they hired any one else they’ve interviewed 

• Like 1

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Slowik is calling a masterclass against a very good defense. I still have concerns, I generally dislike coordinators jumping up after only a year in that position, but this offense is impressive.

My wishlist right now for head coach next year:

Ben Johnson

Mike Macdonald

Dan Quinn

Bobby Slowik

I’d be very disappointed if they hired any one else they’ve interviewed 

My list:

Ben Johnson

Bobby Slowik.

Totally uninterested in any defensive candidates.

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2