Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

6 hours ago, Tarpon75 said:

He is super smart, just can't  hit the broad side of a barn with a football.

Because he might scare all those cows and chickens and then the kids wouldn't have any eggs or milk for breakfast. 

Super smart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m glad we have new ownership because I feel like if Dan‘s administration was still running the team we would’ve thought we were interviewing Ben Johnson during the entire process but would’ve actually been interviewing Brian Johnson and hired him

• Haha 2

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/nov/28/carolina-panthers-head-coach-david-tepper-frank-reich-nfl-football

Dysfunction, firings and a meddling owner: who would coach the Panthers?

In the latest edition of David Tepper Has No Idea What He’s Doing, the Panthers owner fired coach Frank Reich on Monday.

This one is a doozy. Critics are already calling it Tepper’s best work since earlier this month, when he axed Charlotte FC head coach Christian Lattanzio, despite the team making the MLS playoffs.

For those keeping score, Tepper has owned the Panthers and Charlotte FC for a combined seven seasons. In that time, he’s had five full-time coaches and now three interims. When he fills his two vacancies in the coming months, that number will climb to 10 in eight seasons. Even Daniel Snyder is starting to think: what is this guy doing?

Sir Alex Ferguson, one of the greatest soccer coaches of all time, was fond of offering a piece of advice to up-and-coming managers: “Pick the owner, not the club.” At this point, who would pick Tepper?

Click on the link to read more....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Yes, Dan and Tepper share certain business characteristics. I must admit though, I have hard time deciphering whether it's more of a rich spoiled or a narcissistic trait. Perhaps these traits commingle with both of these guys.

As to his business, Tepper has been consistently good at his job for decades.  Dan lucked out when he was young at telemarketing and failed at just about everything else.

Dan is stupid and cheap and cheats people and is behind the curve-times.  Tepper is neither of those things.  Both can be jerks but Dan takes that department into Congressional investigation categories.

What they seem to have in common is they both think they know football, they are impatient and both can be jerks about it. 

Dan, I don't know how to use email, seems like a dinosaur stuck in the 1990s and run his team that way.  He ironically was one of the youngest owners yet the most behind the times, too.  Tepper for his faults is nothing like that.  I've seen him interviewed multiple times.  When he talks about stocks he loves like Micron or whatever -- he's with the times among other things.

Bad owner.  But apples to oranges level bad as to comparisons IMO with Dan.  Dan was an even bigger douche and Dan is stupid.  Tepper doesn't strike me stupid -- he needs to get his ego out of the way.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Tepper is an impatient dbag but Snyder was legitimately an idiot. 

Exactly.  Both are bad owners.  Tepper though isn't a moron.  Dan is a moron.   

Sheehan used to like saying the worst combination for a business is it being run by someone like Dan who is arrogant and stupid. 

52 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Yes, Dan and Tepper share certain business characteristics. I must admit though, I have hard time deciphering whether it's more of a rich spoiled or a narcissistic trait. Perhaps these traits commingle with both of these guys.

What they seem to have in common, is they don't know what they don't know.  I've worked with a number of multi millionaires and they often seem to come in two stripes

A. I'll trust you to do your job.  I've become wealthy by trusting other smart people.  The Josh Harris style.

B.  I walk on water.  I've made more money than you so I am smarter than you about everything.

Dan and Tepper are in category B clearly. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

We all want to know exactly what Peter's is going to do.  What's his team building philosophy.  What does he think about "franchise" QBs, trade downs or trade ups, etc.  He's not going to spill the beans.  He's going to leave every option open.  Only the inner circle will know.  He's building for the long haul.  If he passes in your QB, he's not going to tell everyone that the QB was flawed in a particular metric.  We've become so accustomed to knowing better than the previous owner that we think we know better than Peter's.  We don't.  After 24 years we can allow smart people to run the show.  Sit back and relax.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, PlayAction said:

We all want to know exactly what Peter's is going to do.  What's his team building philosophy.  What does he think about "franchise" QBs, trade downs or trade ups, etc.  He's not going to spill the beans.  He's going to leave every option open.  Only the inner circle will know.  He's building for the long haul.  If he passes in your QB, he's not going to tell everyone that the QB was flawed in a particular metric.  We've become so accustomed to knowing better than the previous owner that we think we know better than Peter's.  We don't.  After 24 years we can allow smart people to run the show.  Sit back and relax.  

okay but this IS a discussion forum… 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think we have a shot at trading back from one of the 2nds like 10 spots since the 1st is highly unlikely.   My thought was we'd get a 3rd, but maybe we should do several trades and stockpile 5ths.  Haha

10 hours ago, redskinss said:

What other options could there be?

He nails it and people still **** about every pick?  

11 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Are you speaking metaphorically here? Because rooting for this team has been like a 20-year colonoscopy…

Rooting for this team has been more like the day before , the prep. I’d take the actual procedure because you get to sleep through that lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

And yet the Steelers won 10 games with terrible QB play, and the Browns are in the playoffs on their 4th QB. And the last QB he coached in Jax, Minchew, ALMOST made the playoffs.  

Jay had Kirk for 3 years and won 9, 8 and 7 games in that period.  

He’s not entirely wrong that you need a good QB. 

But good coaching is good coaching.  And he’s making an excuse for his firing. 

There’s no living in him not declaring and being the #1 overall draft pick and starting the clock to a potential $50m+ a year contract.  If he’s good, that is.  

Jags, just fired 1/2 their coaches is it time to start the the QB search again? Clevland won with11? Top pick Watson on the bench.

16 minutes ago, PlayAction said:

I think we have plenty of evidence of what he plans to do. Just do a quick research of the last 10 years worth of drafts and FA moves he has been a part of and especially his latest stint in San Fran.  That’ll tell you a lot.  The difference now is he IS TOTALLY in charge of it.  

I think the philosophy in San Fran was a group effort between Peters, Lynch, and Shanahan. Peters’ group does the scouting, research, and grades which translates into a big board that’s juxtaposed into ultimate player rankings per the needs of the team v. athletic ability/ potential.  From what I’ve always heard, that’s how you do it.  

This process also answers the chicken or egg question of best available v. need based drafting. Then the group makes the final call during draft day with one person having absolute final say; building trust amongst the team and establishing culture throughout the organization.

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Hopefully they can land Johnson but I think the bozo in Carolina is going to break the bank for him.

If Johnson is smart, he realizes that Tepper and the Panthers are a clown show and that this team is really trying to build something here

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, spjunkies said:

Hopefully they can land Johnson but I think the bozo in Carolina is going to break the bank for him.

If Johnson takes Carolina with no draft capital, $50M less in cap space, and this owner...... then I don't want him here. His decision-making process is questionable and his priorities are out of wack.

• Like 15
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Johnson would have to be seriously stupid to consider going there. He has two choices before him already …

Washington Commanders - New Owner known for patience and building the right way, New GM known for drafting well and attacking Free Agency well with a lot of success as well as SB rings, Number 2 pick in the draft and a chance to mould a new young QB, massive cap space to bring in some of his own guys, what I’d suspect will be a good wage.

Carolina Panthers - Owner who is known for his lack of patience and interfering as well as childish antics (sound familiar?), Unknown GM situation but unlikely to be as good as Peters, no first round pick in the draft, a QB coming off a rough opening season and having to learn another playbook, a team projected to have less than half the cap space that Washington does, an extortionate wage maybe even the highest in the NFL.

If he goes to Carolina it’s effectively for money purposes.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

Yep I’d say the owner in Carolina is a major blocker for many, especially with mulitple openings around the league. Credible ownership more important than ever. I’d also expect Harris and his team to match any financial package on offer in order to get their primary target. 

45 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dan is stupid and cheap and cheats people and is behind the curve-times.

Both can be jerks but Dan takes that department into Congressional investigation categories

they are impatient and both can be jerks about it. 

Dan, seems like a dinosaur stuck in the 1990s and run his team that way. 

Bad owner.

Dan was an even bigger douche and Dan is stupid. 

Tepper doesn't strike me stupid -- he needs to get his ego out of the way.

43 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Tepper is an impatient dbag but Snyder was legitimately an idiot. 

I like it better when you guys stop holding back on your thoughts  :) 

• Haha 2