Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, profusion said:

As I recall, the speculation around here was that Scot was getting too much credit, and Bruce's ego couldn't handle it. The given reason was some kind of misbehavior, I believe.

That sounds about right.  I can't remember who ****ed it up but I believe you're correct that Bruce was the culprit there.

Just now, profusion said:

As I recall, the speculation around here was that Scot was getting too much credit, and Bruce's ego couldn't handle it. The given reason was some kind of misbehavior, I believe.

I think it's some combination of Scot being the cult hero and getting all the credit for their success, plus the fact that he was a raging alcoholic and gave himself ample opportunity to be fired. He hasn't been hired by anyone since then. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I agree, we still have a lot of work to do to get the titanic off the ocean floor and restore her to her former glory before we can set sail again. 

Just look at the giants, same exact scenario 2 years ago, Schoen and dabol were a huge get for them, the first year was good (not great) and they took a big step back this year.

This could take a while but it certainly feels like we finally turned a corner.

It all centers around the decisions at the QB spot (though obviously there are other factors - like they seem to have swung and missed on Neal at RT).

They got it wrong with Jones. They will probably have to draft a QB again this year while they eat another year of the deal they gave Jones.

The evaluation of Maye, Williams and Daniels is going to be huge. Obviously. One of those will be playing QB for us next season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think this is a bit unfair to SM.  He was doing pretty well here, he just got axed for whatever reason, I can't remember.  But I remember he hit on a few good players in the draft and I think was turning it around decently.  

It wasn't actually a dig at him.  More addressing folks who are saying this is the first time in however many years that we've had a "top hire."  Someone else mentioned Shanahan as a coach.  At the time, personal issues aside, McCloughan was considered a top hire and it didn't work out for whatever reason.  Neither did Shanahan.  I'm really hopeful that Harris is going to be the type of owners that lets these guys do their thing, I just don't want to get overly optimistic yet.

• Like 1

Because I don't follow Harris's other teams I wasn't sure how this would really play out but today cemented in my mind that he's the real deal and a man of his word–he lived up to what he said in Monday's presser. 

For the first time in a long while I feel confident about the future. 

• Like 1

Everyone,  we are truly witnessing a miracle here.   How many of us honestly thought Dan Snyder was actually going to sell the team and we could be free from this hell that he created during our lifetime????    Peters!!!  WOW!!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

350 players in 3 months is a pretty big time crunch.

Never understood that way of looking at it.

Whoever they hire will have already been evaluating the draft.

Its not like they are gonna hire some out of work bum off the couch who has not been watching film. They are gonna hire somebody who 9 times outta 10 is already actively evaluating college players.

They don't just forget what they know when they come here either. Its not like a scout has to start over from scratch. They just bring their info with them.

Nobody is going to magically forget that Williams has arm talent, Maye is a professional large human being who can walk and chew gum at the same time, and Daniels has wheels.

Hardest part is probably reconstructing a new big board honestly.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't think he even has an interview unless am missing one?

Didn't the Commanders say they plan to interview him?

It's cynical, but interviewing him satisfies the Rooney Rule, so I'd expect him to get his usual round of courtesy interviews. Based on this year, it's hard to imagine him being hired as a HC, but stranger things have happened.

Edited by profusion

Just now, srtman04 said:

Everyone,  we are truly witnessing a miracle here.   How many of us honestly thought Dan Snyder was actually going to sell the team and we could be free from this hell that he created during our lifetime????    Peters!!!  WOW!!!!!!!!

It’s been been a hell of a few months. And there’s still more to come!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FrFan said:

From the Pokes forum :

"When we are getting swept by them every year in the future we will look back on this as the turning point."

My cowboys fan friend just texted me this.

Well I hope it takes skins 5 years to rebuild. So cowboys can have a chance to win a championship 

• Haha 2

everyone thought scot was the next coming and a genius and that he would build titles here. he never did that.

his drafts sucked and his FA decisions were even worse.

He was hamstrung by Bruce and Dan true.

The best news is that Peters is someone you can trust. Meyers, Spielman and the braintrust did their diligence looking into him. This guy I think is the real deal. He turned down so many other teams, and then out of nowhere wants to come to Washington? With all the cap space we have and smart ownership willing to do what it takes to win?

Nothing is a slam dunk especially with unproven people coming into high profile positions...but this comes close.

1705081482288.gif.fd65cde48d2e012f5b980d579c15b361.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, srtman04 said:

A.  Dan sells.  At least for me and I know some others here he was replaced by the owner I wanted. 

B.  Rivera seems stuck on mediocrity so any hope to draft high in a QB rich draft was almost nothing.  I was expecting another 8-9 run.  Instead, he crashed.  2nd pick in the draft -- makes this position both in the FO and HC department more attractive

C.  Most combined draft capital and cap space in the NFL. 

D.  Hiring a real GM and they just got the best reputation one on the market.

E.  HC.  I'll trust whatever happens.  I prefer Ben Johnson by a mile mainly because I want an offensive guy and I don't want someone on their 2nd HC job.  Slowik would be next but he's a peg to me behind because the description-profile feels very Norv to me.  I am not fixated on leader of men type but I like some of that in the equation everything being equal.   If they go defense, I'd go Mike McDonald. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, ixcuincle said:

everyone thought scot was the next coming and a genius and that he would build titles here. he never did that.

his drafts sucked and his FA decisions were even worse.

1705081482288.gif.fd65cde48d2e012f5b980d579c15b361.gif

The truly sad thing about Dan's tenure was that Scott was the absolute best he could lure in and do.   A drunkard that hasn't been employed (in a meaningful football sense) since he left here.   The epitome of the Dan Snyder era......which is completely in the rear view mirror now.  

• Thanks 3