Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Even if Peters was all over the Lance pick who gives a rats ass.  As Parcells liked to say if your evaluator gets 50% of their moves right, they are among the best in the business.

If we want a GM who hasn't made a mistake -- that dude doesn't exist.  It's a fantasy.  If you do this long enough you are going to make multiple mistakes.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

And now you're 8 minutes dumber than you would have been if you had just turned it off.  

damn, man. He didn’t have 8 minutes to spare 

39 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Or that the most successful organizations in recent years, not just the steelers, have primarily been the most stable ones: Pittsburgh, New England, SF, KC (sort of). It's an old saw that's generally accurate across sports, but probably isn't nearly as accurate in a league where most players careers average out to 3-4 years, tops. 

But it's a chicken or egg scenario.  Success breeds stability, not the ither way around.  These organizations aren't choosing to be stable in spite of failure through tough times.  They have no reason to not be stable.  They're smart enough to know if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  If all I do is win, why would I change.  

What is the best part of picking number two in the draft? Possible franchise QB? Nope. Possible kings ransom trade down? Nope. Marvin Harrison Jr? Nope. The best part of picking number two, is it's almost a guarantee that there won't be a commercial right before we pick!!!! Woohoo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

What is the best part of picking number two in the draft? Possible franchise QB? Nope. Possible kings ransom trade down? Nope. Marvin Harrison Jr? Nope. The best part of picking number two, is it's almost a guarantee that there won't be a commercial right before we pick!!!! Woohoo.

Espn will find a way to squeeze one in. Guaranteed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

What if we moved down from 2 overall for a bunch of picks and used them to trade for Trey Lance?

I would like to see him play more somewhere.  Not here, just in general.  He's just barely played, college or pro.  

Edited by justice98
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Imagine if you traded all those picks to draft Trey Lance, and STILL have a super bowl contender year in year out during that time!  I think that shows how good an evaluator he's been.  We make a mistake like that it costs us decades to even get in position to either draft the right guy, or luck into a playoff berth.  9 seasons out of 10 though and it's same old same old.

I want Peters not only for the knowledge and talent he possesses as a GM but a cherry on top would be sticking to Shanny and Trent for the stunt they pulled which allowed them to acquire Trent for less draft capital. F both of them and F the 9’ers!

Are we maybe hiring the Adam Peters that found a studly QB with the very last pick in the draft like an absolute chad? Or are we hiring the paint chip munching, drooling simpleton Adam Peters that passed on said QB SIX times in the same draft, and waited to the very last pick to get him?

I both want this guy and hope he doesn't get anywhere near this team.

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I believe what is missing from the argument is Kyle Shanahan has been there every year. Also again they got Trent Williams and CMC for peanuts. Ron Rivera would make the 49ers a 8-9 team quick. 

I just looked through Cunningham Eagles drafts. Of course some misses like Jaelon Raegor but some big hits as well. Left Tackle in the 7th round, Josh Sweat in the 4th round.

Reagor was a league wide miss (and a me miss) he was consistently right there with Jefferson on all boards. Sometimes guys just miss, Reagor and Jefferson had exceptionally attractive CV's. The only WR pick in that draft in round 1 that was always pure insanity was the Raiders taking Ruggs over Lamb. There was literally no justifying that ever in any universe. It was pure idiocy always. Lamb was the locked in #1 for that class, then people argued about whether Jeudy should be close to Lamb, or more mixed in with Jefferson and Reagor. Ruggs wasn't even in the discussion. 

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If we want a GM who hasn't made a mistake -- that dude doesn't exist.  It's a fantasy.  If you do this long enough you are going to make multiple mistakes.

Hold on buddy,  now you're making an argument for Doofus Dan. 

3 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

I want Peters not only for the knowledge and talent he possesses as a GM but a cherry on top would be sticking to Shanny and Trent for the stunt they pulled which allowed them to acquire Trent for less draft capital. F both of them and F the 9’ers!

And F John Mara

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UK_HOG said:

While everybody is mentioning Trey Lance what was Bobby Beathard doing drafting Ryan Leaf?  Even the best are fallible.  Peters would be quite a coup but there are no guarantees.

Because he was ranked 1B at QB in that class. Go back and read or watch media coverage of that draft class and in the months leading up to the draft there were heavy rumors that the Colts were seriously considering Leaf. Bobby was thinking the same thing every one else was in the league, Leaf was an elite prospect. Dude diligence on his mental make up would reveal alarming ----, but at the time Leaf had the entire league fooled. We need to be able to separate out when a team/GM goes full idiot (like the Raiders taking Ruggs as the first WR in a class with Lamb and Jefferson and so many other studs) and when the league in its entirety just fails in an evaluation. Sometimes the whole league just misses on a guy, and if you have the #1, you're the one with egg on your face even when it's really the whole league that does. Leaf was definitely a case of league wide misevaluation and laziness with background checks. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Hold on buddy,  now you're making an argument for Doofus Dan. 

If Dan has entered this.  😎    I am actually making an argument against Doofus Dan. From what i heard he'd hang any mistake (which was inevitable for everyone) for someone in personnel to justify why Dan didn't need to listen to them and he can run with his own instincts.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, justice98 said:

But it's a chicken or egg scenario.  Success breeds stability, not the ither way around.  These organizations aren't choosing to be stable in spite of failure through tough times.  They have no reason to not be stable.  They're smart enough to know if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  If all I do is win, why would I change.  

Sure but implying that successful messages go stale ignores the fact that football players have the shortest careers of any athlete. If there's a sport where you can get away with risking a "message" getting stale, it's pro football. It's all churn, all the time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Leaf was definitely a case of league wide misevaluation and laziness with background checks. 

Which is kinda crazy because even then everybody knew the dude was kind of a psycho. It was even obvious on that one ESPN 30 for 30 where they covered the 1997 Heisman race. 

I guess they must have taken him as a Jim McMahon or something instead of the nutcase that he actually was.