Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

My current coaching carousel predictions:

Seattle: Dan Quinn

New England: Vrabel

LA Chargers: Harbaugh

Atlanta: Belichick

Washington: Ben Johnson

Las Vegas: ???

Tennessee: ???

Carolina: ???

Would think Slowik, MacDonald, Frank Smith, and a few others round out the rest of the hires.

43 minutes ago, FuriousD said:

Huh.. I was not aware. But wouldn’t that equate to a mark down against Peters as an assistant in the Niners current system?

Not at all.  John Lynch operates with almost complete autonomy.  From the perspective of Peters, it doesn't matter at all.  He does his job, makes the recommendations, evaluations, etc. etc. etc.  He has to pass them to his boss (Lynch) to actually "do" anything.  None of that changes.

Lynch then works with Kyle to make sure they're in agreement before they actually execute anything.  The only difference would be is if there is a disagreement between Lynch and Kyle, Kyle gets the tiebreak vote.  

But I'm willing to bet all the money in my left front pocket it NEVER EVER EVER comes to that.  They figure out how to get on the same page because they trust each other and both are exceptional at their jobs. 

So in their situation, who has the final vote actually is somewhat irrelevant.  That's the way I want it here.  A GM and a HC who are in absolute lock-step on what they want to do. And if they're not, they figure out how to get in lock-step before a decision is made. 

Kyle could screw the whole thing up by going completely rogue and just doing whatever he wants.  But that would be to his own determent.  And he knows it.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to the commentary about it on NFL Network it gives a vibe that the owner-FO wanted to move on. 

Just listening to Sanchez on The Herd and he mentioned Quinn and Pete are close.  They were together with the legend of boom days

Just now, HigSkin said:

Just listening to Sanchez on The Herd and he mentioned Quinn and Pete are close.  They were together with the legend of boom days

Becoming apparent that the only way Quinn stays in Dallas is if he is made HC

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

As we work our way into tomorrow, I have to think if a hire of Peters doesn't occur by COB, late Thursday we are moving on to another VP/Pres of Football OPS/GM, GM etc.  Myers and Spielman were hired to deliver.  Sometimes it doesn't happen.  Let's hope they can.  

Grant & Danny ranking jobs.

I agree with them.

1.  Chargers 

2.  Us

3. Falcons

7.  LV

8.  Carolina

Its close for me at #1... we have #2 pick but Herbert is a bird in hand.  We are in much better shape with the cap.  They have some aging stars.  Not much of a fan base but have a nice stadium.

Edited by Idaho fan

5 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

we have #2 pick but Hebert is a bird in hand

They also have no cap space and an aging roster. Spanos is not well regarded as an owner. I'd actually put them behind the Falcons.

• Like 6

I kind of like Vrabel and Carroll being out because the Seahawks and Patriots are viewed as pretty stable, well run franchises, and therefore legitimate competition for any top coaches. That there seem to be really logical reunion destinations for Quinn and Vrabel (if Belichick steps down) could open us up for landing our pick from the next wave of options like Johnson. Also Quinn departing Dallas could help us a lot. 

2 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

Convoluted. Were going to end up with Bruce Allen again aren't we?

General Manager of "International Harvest Fest Coordination and Coors Light facilitation"

It’s not convoluted at all, it’s super normal. Peters would become the Lynch here and have to find himself an understudy to be the next Peters. You can only have one “untouchable” head football exec and one “untouchable” coach. That’s the GM/President/HOFO people have been talking about and the HC obviously. Whatever you call that top FO position doesn’t matter. Anyone else on the org chart can be poached for one of those top positions on other teams. Those two people are untouchable by other teams, anyone under them can be promoted (and coordinators are another tier—you can’t prevent non-coordinators from becoming coordinators anymore). 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Would Johnson prefer to go to LA where he knows they already have a legit QB in Herbert? 

Chargers don't have any cap space, Herbert's cap hit is about to balloon in 2025 because of his big extension, and dollars to donuts Josh Harris will pay more $$$ for his HC than Dean Spanos.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Conn said:

It’s not convoluted at all, it’s super normal. Peters would become the Lynch here and have to find himself an understudy to be the next Peters. You can only one have “untouchable” head football exec and one “untouchable” coach. That’s the GM/President/HOFO people have been talking about and the HC obviously. Whatever you call that top FO position doesn’t matter. Anyone else on the org chart can be poached for one of those top positions on other teams. Those two people are untouchable by other teams, anyone under them can be promoted (and coordinators are another tier—you can’t prevent non-coordinators from becoming coordinators anymore). 

Was a joke.....a dig at Allen

25 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

This is probably not true. Be patient. 

Peter’s won’t be off the board until he signs somewhere else. 

The longer it takes the more of a concern.  Keim even said they wanted somone in place as VP/Pres of FB OPS this week.

30 minutes ago, RWJ said:

As we work our way into tomorrow, I have to think if a hire of Peters doesn't occur by COB, late Thursday we are moving on to another VP/Pres of Football OPS/GM, GM etc.  Myers and Spielman were hired to deliver.  Sometimes it doesn't happen.  Let's hope they can.  

I honestly think that there is a solid chance that we don’t announce Peters until we have also settled on a GM and that we announce them as a unit. I think that might make the GM candidate search easier and would seem in line with a well functioning front office.

• Like 1

Just now, Anselmheifer said:

I honestly think that there is a solid chance that we don’t announce Peters until we have also settled on a GM and that we announce them as a unit. I think that might make the GM candidate search easier and would seem in line with a well functioning front office.

A Peters Cunningham duo would be a dream come true

• Like 3