Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, RVAskins said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/big-blue-plus/new-report-provides-detail-into-martindales-resignation

The Post reports that when Daboll and Martindale met, Daboll informed his defensive coordinator of the staff changes he planned to make, including special teams coordinator Thomas McGaughey and offensive line coach Bobby Johnson. Daboll told Martindale that he planned to relieve outside linebackers coach Drew Wilkins and his brother, defensive assistant Kevin Wilkins, of their duties.

The news didn't sit well with Martindale, who is tight with the Wilkins brothers dating back to their time together in Baltimore. Martindale reportedly had angry words for Daboll before storming out of the room and the building.

Excellent, thank you for this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

When we were younger those were fun times in the beginning but it got old after awhile.  There is a renewed interest now.  No leaks and we are surprised.  So far, it seems most of us like the approach Harris has taken.  

I’m completely onboard. Took the family to the Cardinal game earlier this season. Harris and group seem like real pros.  Adults running the show.  

The difference is night and day. Got an email a week ago following up on my game day experience, wanted feedback.  Real person with an email and phone number so I can schedule group outings. Wearing my gear again, it’s great! Just happy to be able to cheer my boys!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

56 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Get these two and then Martindale for the defense????? I want him because he has an axe to grind with Daboll besides the fact that he's aggressive as hell.

I'd actually love it if they made Anthony Weaver (Ravens DL coach who is scheduled for interview) the DC.  Sharp guy from all my readings

Edited by HigSkin

Just now, HigSkin said:

I'd actually love it if the made Anthony Weaver (Ravens DL coach who is scheduled for interview) the DC.  Sharp guy from all my readings

Isn't he assistant HC? 

Also, it's totally bizarre to have the DL coach be the assistant HC and the DC not to be. It reeks of just giving people titles so they can't be poached. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Isn't he assistant HC? 

Also, it's totally bizarre to have the DL coach be the assistant HC and the DC not to be. It reeks of just giving people titles so they can't be poached. 

Yeah, that title game.  Lol. However, DC is definitely a step up even if you have to make him Asst HC DC

Another guy I like is Minter the Michigan DC under Jim H.  He came from the Ravens and another sharp guy.

Edited by HigSkin

5 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I'd actually love it if they made Anthony Weaver (Ravens DL coach who is scheduled for interview) the DC.  Sharp guy from all my readings

Me too, HigSkin but he has the Asst. Head Coach tacked on to his DL title.  I don't know if a promotion to DC overrides the Asst. HC title or not.  

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If Terry wants to go, let him.  It will be 2-3 years before we will be good. Let him go somewhere and experience championship football.  

I doubt we get anything higher than a 3rd rounder for him.

There would be a roughly $29M cap hit to trade Terry. Who is also probably the most respected and well liked member of the team.

He's productive and a glue guy. He’s not going anywhere.

• Like 11
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Me too, HigSkin but he has the Asst. Head Coach tacked on to his DL title.  I don't know if a promotion to DC overrides the Asst. HC title or not.  

See my post DC is a step up from DL coach and you could throw Asst HC DC title on him a few more $$

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Yeah, that title game.  Lol. However, DC is definitely a step up even if you have to make him Asst HC DC

Another guy I like is Minter the Michigan DC under Jim H.  He came from the Ravens and another sharp guy.

Minter prob follows Harbaugh to the Chargers or wherever though, right?

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

There would be a roughly $29M cap hit to trade Terry. Who is also probably the most respected and well liked member of the team.

He's productive and a glue guy. He’s not going anywhere.

Agreed, we are NOT trading Terry.

If we don't sign Martindale I'm going all in that the Eagles do.......they should sign him TONIGHT and let him coach their playoff game in Tampa this Monday, if that's allowed. 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Minter prob follows Harbaugh to the Chargers or wherever though, right?

Maybe, maybe not.  Speaking of Harbaugh, there was this growing talk today (Sheehan then Cowherd) about how much sense it would make for Jim to come here.  Apparently he's a big family guy and his aging parents wouldn't have to travel so far to see either if their boys games and they wouldn't be competing in conference.  

Whatever, I'm not a fan of that plan but I'll trust the process if something like that happened.

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If Terry wants to go, let him.  It will be 2-3 years before we will be good. Let him go somewhere and experience championship football.  

I doubt we get anything higher than a 3rd rounder for him.

No way should we let Terry go. This guy?

denied-terry-mcluarin.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, boston skins fan said:

Peters is a personel guy and would be HOFO which of the other candidates that are on the list would be an ops guy so they arent stepping on each others toes?

Im guessing a peters/mcclay or peters/cunningham team is out because theyre from the same side of the isle so to speak.

It seems like this might be the route harris might look to go based on his statement of the gm position being an 80 hr a week job.

BTW, this has come up a couple of times. I have no idea who will get the jobs here, much less am I going to guess at combo packages. 

But when these guys get hired as GM (or whatever the title of the head of football ops), they no longer are full-time scouts. They have a lot on their plates. They aren't "personnel" guys as we think of it. They are managing all the departments and making the final call on moves. 

So having another "personnel" guy as their second actually does make a deal of sense. Somebody else needs to become the head of that department anyway. 

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

BTW, this has come up a couple of times. I have no idea who will get the jobs here, much less am I going to guess at combo packages. 

But when these guys get hired as GM (or whatever the title of the head of football ops), they no longer are full-time scouts. They have a lot on their plates. They aren't "personnel" guys as we think of it. They are managing all the departments and making the final call on moves. 

So having another "personnel" guy as their second actually does make a deal of sense. Somebody else needs to become the head of that department anyway. 

A good analogy here is my profession of screenwriting. In TV, the top dawgs are "showrunners" who are essentially the CEO of the TV show and have final say and authority over all aspects of the production. Showrunners are writers, often/usually who created the show, but the responsibilities are vastly expanded from just writing episodes... you have to manage the writers room, hire department heads, manage the edit, you're the one taking studio and network notes, you make casting decisions, you're on set overseeing the shoot, liaise with marketing, on and on and on.

Some writers actually don't want that scope of responsibility. There are multi-decade veterans who stay in the writers room and just write, because that's their passion. Then there are the mega-showrunners who don't actually put pen to paper and write much at all, anymore. All they want to do is the managing and producing - sometimes they'll write the pilot episode, or in some cases they basically don't write at all. And there are writers who fall everywhere in between.

Many industries are like this where as you transition from individual contributor to management, the nature of the role changes dramatically and people have different preferences as to whether they want to continue up-leveling or stay on the line.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

The title game is meaningless, btw. Teams can not stop a coach from moving up to a coordinator spot. Doesn't matter what title they throw on them. MacDonald is the DC there. You could name Weaver the Grand Poobah and Almighty Defensive Guru of the Seven Kingdoms, First of his Name, he still can take a coordinator spot and the team can't stop him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, MartinC said:

This is wrong. His guaranteed salary would be paid by the team that trades for him. His cap number is 24.1 mil, his dead cap hit if traded would be 16.8, for a net saving of 7.3 mil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, HigSkin said:

Man, I love it!  Harris's was so far out in front of all the other owners.  He and his ownership group with their input put together this plan to a "T"!  Kudo Mr. Harris and Co. 

• Like 1