Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay (granted not always the most plugged in) said he heard Peters has a strong shot here and he's heard he has real interest in this job.

Wonder if @Thinking Skins checked out on him, yet?

yeah, he was too inflexible. He needed to run the ball more. It was getting way too much. I was trying to be understanding but after that Giants game and even after the Giants 2 where were doing well running the ball but had some fumbles, he seems to always go back to throwing it aggressively and putting everything on Howell's shoulders.

And I'm not out on Howell but my problem with him is he is not consistent enough. So he will have a good half like against SF or Dallas 1 or Dallas 2 and then melt down. Part of that is EB putting too much on his plate, part of that is the OL, but dems the breaks. He needs to put on his big boy pants and start making decisions.

If I let my son drive my beat up station wagon as his first car instead of my SUV, the lack of cruise control and a a working radio and a bluetooth and all that jazz are not things that I want to hear him tell me as reasons why he's a bad driver. 

There are about 10-15 other teams in the league with bad offensive lines. and another 10 or so with second or third string QBs. But I'm coming in here and on Twitter and defending Howell's bonehead interceptions just about every week. Its frustrating. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay (granted not always the most plugged in) said he heard Peters has a strong shot here and he's heard he has real interest in this job.

Im really hoping they hire Peters.  He checks so many boxes for me of what I hope they get as a GM.  Just for curiosity sake I did some reading over on one of the good 49er forums.  They love the guy.  They want Lynch to step aside or take a different role so they don't lose Peters.  Many suggest that much of their success is because of Peters. 

While there I also saw a thread on Chase... Originally they were super excited for the signing... now they don't want him resigned and are disappointed in giving up a 3rd rounder. lol 

• Like 9
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

While there I also saw a thread on Chase... Originally they were super excited for the signing... now they don't want him resigned and are disappointed in giving up a 3rd rounder. lol 

I think the playoffs will be huge for Chase Young if he wants any shot at a payday. He could still put up some games in the playoffs where he gets maybe 2 sacks in the 1st round, one in the 2nd round and then say 2 sacks in the Super Bowl. If he does that he could probably save face after all of the games where he didn't stand out. Hopefully he sells out trying to get those sacks and gives the opposing QB's lanes to run through because he didn't stay in his lane like when he was with us. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I think the playoffs will be huge for Chase Young if he wants any shot at a payday. He could still put up some games in the playoffs where he gets maybe 2 sacks in the 1st round, one in the 2nd round and then say 2 sacks in the Super Bowl. If he does that he could probably save face after all of the games where he didn't stand out. Hopefully he sells out trying to get those sacks and gives the opposing QB's lanes to run through because he didn't stay in his lane like when he was with us. 

His leg is shot. He isnt getting a big contract anywhere imo.

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

It is clear to me, at this point, that no matter what he does in the playoffs, he is getting a 1 year deal. I bet he will be signing 1 year deals the rest of his career because teams are very scared about his knee. Remember it was reported teams were willing to give up a 2nd+ for Chase until they got the medicals on his knee. That meant that the original intention was to likely trade for and extend Chase but the extension piece was taken off the table when they saw the medicals

30 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd argue that Finlay is very plugged in. He had Josh Harris from day 1.

45 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Couple notes from Keim which explains the search for "head of football ops" and not GM label.  He said if that person decides to add a "GM" then he could also from the pool of guys they are interviewing but the decision will be made by head of football ops guy.  The role just seems like a President or EVP structure.

Keim also thinks Peters is the top candidate in the league.  As well Ben Johnson.

Edited by HigSkin

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

Couple notes from Keim which explains the search for "head of football ops" and not GM label.  He said if that person decides to add a "GM" then he could also from the pool of guys they are interviewing but the decision will be made by head of football ops guy.

Keim also thinks Peters is the top candidate in the league.  As well Ben Johnson.

With this too, I say it's #1 target - Peters and then #2 target - Cunningham as their targets on one of the two get done this week.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, formerly4skins said:

He's probably pretty used to it at this point...dude has been interviewed solely to satisfy the rooney rule like 15 different times.

Like, to be clear, we should NOT interview him to be a HC knowing we don't plan to hire him because that's a supposed to a violation of the spirit of the Rooney Rule.

Asking him questions as part of him leaving is different, usually I get exit interviews when I've put in notice, not fired, but picking his brain before he goes is not a crazy idea.  Be curious if he says yes, people talk.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Keim on radio just now, said he thinks they get Peters and Ben Johnson.

Was coming to say Keim with his "way too early" guess was....these two. 

That was a solid 30min of info from him.

Edited by @DCGoldPants
  • Like 2