Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Not so sure about that yet.  

From this ESPN article: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39264819/ron-rivera-fired-former-gms-advise-commanders-overhaul

So we are keeping the GM to help find a new head coach, then determining if they will stay or not afterwards....I don't like this approach.  Thinking outside the box and bringing in Myers is one thing, letting the current GM and Executive VP of Football/Player Personnel assist in any way turns me off.  They needed to clean house and should have started looking for a new VP and GM before the season ended and hired them immediately after, imo.

It doesn’t say they’re assisting in the search. It says they’re staying on staff until the new guys are hired—who will then decide what to do with them

• Like 1

I don’t expect the head coach hired until around the SuperBowl.

I do want the Head of Football Ops/GM to have a say when the final decision is made on head coach.  The coach and Gm need to be on the same page and if the new Gm isn’t involved in the final process of hiring coach, bound to problems at some point in future.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Shouldn’t the new GM be scheduling the head coach interviews? 

Everybody knows everybody. I would assume the nudge nudge wink wink deals are already done with the GM. They might be, but I am pretty sure they are not spit balling and have a pecific plan.

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

I don’t expect the head coach hired until around the SuperBowl.

I do want the Head of Football Ops/GM to have a say when the final decision is made on head coach.  The coach and Gm need to be on the same page and if the new Gm isn’t involved in the final process of hiring coach, bound to problems at some point in future.

I just relistened to Spielman's interview with Keim, he gets that and big time.  So I assume the hires will be coordinated somehow

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Seriously, average to above average?

I said we can’t afford to cut him, but average to above average is 😂.

You must only watch Commanders football and Jalen Ramsey type highlights. Guys like Forbes are literally what NFL corners look like. It’s probably the hardest position to play in pro sports minus QB. Every highlight you see on SportsCenter is a corner getting roasted and every franchise’s fan hate their 2nd and 3rd corner.  And we had some of the worst coaching and 0 pass rush. But you think he should be Leon Sandcastle!

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I know its boring to pick the top guy according to most, but I've loved everything i've read about Ben Johnson, not just a coach but his personality-leadership skills, too.  That would be my guy but i like some others too 

Also a NC guy.  It'd be funny to have him as HC and 2 NC QB's on your roster.  LOL

1 minute ago, Command The 414 said:

Rooney Rule Met w/Glenn interview

Also interviewing a legit candidate.

They still have EB so they could meet that rule interviewing him..also considered a legit candidate...by someone I guess

Harris I'd presume already met Cook

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-glenn-cook-and-catherine-raiche-to-participate-in-nfl-s-front-office-and-

Browns' Glenn Cook and Catherine Raiche to participate in NFL's front office and general manager accelerator during league meeting

Raiche and Cook will participate in curated programs and networking sessions with owners and executives

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

HigSkin, this makes sense as most of us thought he would have a hand in this but I guess it was all rumors and many trying to connect the dots.  So here we go.  Keep the posts coming!  :)  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Harris I'd presume already met Cook

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-glenn-cook-and-catherine-raiche-to-participate-in-nfl-s-front-office-and-

Browns' Glenn Cook and Catherine Raiche to participate in NFL's front office and general manager accelerator during league meeting

Raiche and Cook will participate in curated programs and networking sessions with owners and executives

Yep they met with Cunningham and Harley, among others, there too

8 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Shouldn’t the new GM be scheduling the head coach interviews? 

I think they will do first round of both simultaneously, they after the Football Ops people are in place they will do final interviews/decisions on Coaches

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

There is the one I was looking for if not Hortiz.  Ian Cunningham makes sense.  Best available analyitcal guy available.  Go get him, advisors and don't let him go. I am good with Cunnigham as GM and MacDonald or Johnson as HC.  

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I know its boring to pick the top guy according to most, but I've loved everything i've read about Ben Johnson, not just a coach but his personality-leadership skills, too.  That would be my guy but i like some others too 

Last game, that dude used his eligible Olineman to decoy and easy TD for his TE, and then actually threw said Olineman a pass later.

Forget adjusting to the flow of a game, that dude adjusted to ref controversies in the span of a week and used them to his advantage.

Yes please.

• Like 2

Glenn Cook, assistant GM, Cleveland Browns: The former University of Miami linebacker has interviewed for the Chicago Bears, Minnesota Vikings and Titans jobs over the past two offseasons. He has proved himself in the forward-thinking Cleveland personnel department, integrating analytics and data into the old-school football background working for Bill Polian, Ted Thompson and John Dorsey. And Cleveland’s ability to withstand a bunch of injuries this season to make the playoffs this year is a shining example of the strength of the roster that Cook helped GM Andrew Berry build.

Ian Cunningham, assistant GM, Chicago Bears: Cunningham was on the cusp of landing the Arizona Cardinals job before pulling his name out last year. He interviewed in Tennessee, too, and that was without the results the Bears are getting now in the rebuild he has helped orchestrate alongside GM Ryan Poles. Cunningham came from Philly, where he was college director and assistant director of player personnel for Howie Roseman. He also worked under Ozzie Newsome in Baltimore, where he worked his way into a position as Southeast area scout—a post that Newsome, the Alabama legend, didn’t staff lightly.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/01/05/nfl-future-general-managers-list-candidates-week-18

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'm into NBA like I am crocheting.  Which means crap but this Myer's fella sounds like he has his stuff together about knowing people.  Irving close the deal on Cunningham as GM.   

Edited by RWJ