Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

Florio saying someone in a position to know tells him a real chance Tomlin might come to the commanders. A major trade would be involved.

Ugh. I hate the idea of giving up assets other than $ for a coach.

If this is real, I sure hope the GM is already aware and approved this. If not I hope this is a big Florio cow pie

• Like 5

If The HOG (Harris Organization Group) goes for a retread H.C., I'd:

#1:  Be super surprised due to the fact they stress Analytics and both hires, Shen and then as of late McGrath are Analytical people.  

#2:  I'd consider HOG to be Snyder 2.0 and be seriously disappointed.  

51 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Florio saying someone in a position to know tells him a real chance Tomlin might come to the commanders. A major trade would be involved.

"a major trade"? lets just entertain it for a second....who would we trade...allen or a pick?

The rumors don’t surprise me. We’re going to be linked to everything. 

I don’t think Tomlin is a good fit here. But he’s a professional who knows how to run a team and maximize it.

We need to be looking at the offensive side of the ball. 

Having said that, I surmise these are the types of moves that the “trust the GM’s decision” folks would not trust.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The rumors don’t surprise me. We’re going to be linked to everything. 

I don’t think Tomlin is a good fit here. But he’s a professional who knows how to run a team and maximize it.

We need to be looking at the offensive side of the ball. 

Having said that, I surmise these are the types of moves that the “trust the GM’s decision” folks would not trust.

What you will get with Tomlin is the Anti-Jeff Fisher...instead of going 7-9 every year he will go 9-7 so everyone can crow about how he's never had a losing season. Never mind that Tomlin's record was better during his first 5 years in the NFL than it has been over the last 12...where's the ability to take it to the next level? He can't, because he has never hired a decent OC who can get the most out of the QB. There's no indication that Tomlin would even recognize what kind of talent that type of OC would have to hire him in the first place.

Yes, 9-7 every year HERE would be an improvement...but I wouldn't trade for him. Gruden getting traded made sense since he took over a team that was already poised to win, but this team is not.

As a Stillers fan, I used to be happy that we were contending every year...but now I think it would be better to have a couple of bad years and stock up on talent, because they haven't truly been a SB contender since 2016 or maybe even 2010.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, dunfer said:

would tomlin make a good gm?

No way. I remember when Dwayne Haskins was in his second year riding the bench in Pittsburgh. One day Haskins had a good practice, and word got out to the press that Tomlin "had his eye on Haskins."

My response was to suggest good optometrists for Tomlin, since he clearly needed his eyes checked.

Tomlin also seems incapable of selecting WR's who aren't massive divas who throw hissy-fits on the sideline or take plays off when they aren't thrown the ball 20 times per game.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

Just now, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

No way. I remember when Dwayne Haskins was in his second year riding the bench in Pittsburgh. One day Haskins had a good practice, and word got out to the press that Tomlin "had his eye on Haskins."

My response was to suggest good optometrists for Tomlin, since he clearly needed his eyes checked.

yeah, but what if these bill and mike rumors are just the harrison group searching for potential gm candidates and not coaches. Seems the kind of guys that are going to get their GMs first and let them do the coach search

45 minutes ago, Hitman#21 said:

Where did Florio say this?

I missed it.. 

In the alley behind Marv's Deli.

44 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

No real sources.  Florio just stirring the pot and it's more fodder for his sports website, IMO

A better than average chance since ninety percent of all media pundits have the same general m.o.

• Haha 1