Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington @ Atlanta

zCommander

7 minutes ago, MartinC said:

The punt and two of the picks gave us short fields. We capitalized on those - that messes with yardage and time of possession stats. 

So does not having any offense for the entire second half, but your examples certainly contributed as well. 

1 minute ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Or learn to just throw the ball away.

He worried about his completion % going down or what? 🤣

It's all correctable and will come in time, once he feels fully confident in the offense and in the league facing NFL defenses. His throw to Dyami early in the game was on the money and shouldve been P.I......and his throw to Dotson would've been a TD if he hadn't dropped it. Sam had a great day other than the sacks he took but at least he didn't throw picks like Ridder did. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Commander PK said:

Of course, how many of those sacks are interceptions if he forces a throw.  I think I’d rather see him take the sack at this point than throw a wild pass that is picked off 

Yep, it shows discipline in many ways, live to fight another down.

• Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, MartinC said:

The punt and two of the picks gave us short fields. We capitalized on those - that messes with yardage and time of possession stats. 

Yeah.  

But …

image.thumb.png.f9e43fd20057cc701afe914ad1c8784e.png

Those 4 highlighted drives totaled 15 plays, 30 yards and approximately 7:30 of game time.  

That’s absolutely abysmal.  

Complete Ron Rivera-sequence turtling on offense.  

Keep your foot on the gas and stop trying to be cute about it and run clock with 10 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.  

I wish I could feel better about this win but they should have closed the door on these chumps in the 3rd quarter and it’s only because Ridder couldn’t hit the ocean while standing in the middle of it that we won.  

I think I’ve come to just accept the defense sucks.  

The offense had a chance to put up 40 today and just salt the game away.  But we decided to try and sit on the lead.  

It pisses me off so much.

And we subbed in our 3rd string RB to try and power run at them. It worked.  Twice.  The it didn’t and it was puntapalooza. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah.  

But …

image.thumb.png.f9e43fd20057cc701afe914ad1c8784e.png

Those 4 highlighted drives totaled 15 plays, 30 yards and approximately 7:30 of game time.  

That’s absolutely abysmal.  

Complete Ron Rivera-sequence turtling on offense.  

Keep your foot on the gas and stop trying to be cute about it and run clock with 10 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.  

I wish I could feel better about this win but they should have closed the door on these chumps in the 3rd quarter and it’s only because Ridder couldn’t hit the ocean while standing in the middle of it that we won.  

I think I’ve come to just accept the defense sucks.  

The offense had a chance to put up 40 today and just salt the game away.  But we decided to try and sit on the lead.  

It pisses me off so much.

And we subbed in our 3rd string RB to try and power run at them. It worked.  Twice.  The it didn’t and it was puntapalooza. 

Totally agree. I commented already that we got away from what has been productive to us. We do need to be more balanced in play calling but we are a pass first team. Howell is the center of the offense.

It had all the hallmarks of a Ron Rivera play not to lose strategy. I wonder if he’d talked to EB at the half about offensive strategy.

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Totally agree. I commented already that we got away from what has been productive to us. We do need to be more balanced in play calling but we are a pass first team. Howell is the center of the offense.

It had all the hallmarks of a Ron Rivera play not to lose strategy. I wonder if he’d talked to EB at the half about offensive strategy.

They showed the two of them talking after the TD to go up 14 points and I absolutely knew what was next:  run the damn ball and kill clock and squat on the lead.  

I blame EB for not “in one ear out the other” every conversation about game management from Ron.  

I blame Ron for being a complete wuss when it comes to trying to just obliterate a team and jump down their throats. 

He’s so passive.  

Screw that.  We had the opportune to CRUSH those MFers and play backups in the 4th and we decided to run the ball with our 3rd string RB.

Just pathetic. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

How was that block in the jets eagles a blind side block ?

I thought it was clean also.  Too violent for the NFL in 2023 I guess 

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They showed the two of them talking after the TD to go up 14 points and I absolutely knew what was next:  run the damn ball and kill clock and squat on the lead.  

Screw that.  We had the opportune to CRUSH those MFers and play backups in the 4th and we decided to run the ball with our 3rd string RB.

Just pathetic. 

Yup, in the modern NFL you don’t sit on 14 point leads.  The game can turn on a dime.  You do it only when it’s a mathematical impossibility for the other team to come back.

49 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

it's possible he's worried about exposing the ball when people are closing in on him

• Thumb up 2

8 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

He came from the direction of his own goaline downfield and didn't lead with his hands.

Can't explode a guy who can't defend himself cuz he is following the play.

Then call It something else he hit him

right in the chest infront. 

8 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

I thought it was clean also.  Too violent for the NFL in 2023 I guess 

Yup, in the modern NFL you don’t sit on 14 point leads.  The game can turn on a dime.  You do it only when it’s a mathematical impossibility for the other team to come back.

our third string running back got two of the nicest runs we had

9 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

If you’re up 14 with 2:45 to play, you run the ball, force the use of timeouts, get to the 2:00 warning, and the. Punt if you have to.  

But if there is more than that remaining, you’re trying to score if you’re up 14.

53 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I think you are saying that in jest but I think he has no concept of when it’s evade time at different points in different plays. 

Today, most of the sacks were in known passing situations and he ran into 2.  One wasn’t on him.  I can’t really remember the other 2.

I think we’re getting to the point where it is what it is and it’s going to get better, but a better OL will help.  Also he’ll learn as he goes.  

It might be time to stop worrying about it. 

• Thumb up 2