Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

33 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Bears did this last year (traded the #1 overall pick) and are watching Stroud have a great season....but they've got the #1 pick this year to right that wrong so to speak. They have DJ Moore and others to compensate for not having Stroud. 

:ols:  Having DJ Moore doesn't compensate for missing out on an elite franchise QB. Your spin here is beyond hilarious.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

To the people or more appropriately person arguing about misses at quarterback atop the draft and how you can find quarterbacks later, you need to consider that you're comparing statistics of one draft slot against hundreds, of course they're going to be somewhat comparable.

You can't compare the number one overall slot to the rest of the draft, if you're going to make that debate you need to pick one particular slot for a fair comparison.

Now take the history of the number one overall or number two overall and compare them one on one with let's say.... the history of the 129th overall pick or the 74th overall pick.

I think then you'll see why the comparison you're making isn't a fair one.

It's literally just math and math is never wrong.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

I wanted to trade back and get more picks and still get Alt or Fashanau. Has the world decided Howell can't possibly be a great QB behind a better line and with better coaching? Is it worth a shot to let him roll next year with a better line or not? It would be nice to be the team that gets a haul of picks for trading back for once. But I do get it....as long as we don't pick Williams I won't be upset.

No.

We have a chance at a franchise qb, you take it. Could it not work out, of course.

If all goes well, we will never be drafting this high unless age hits our team all at once or injuries to key players.  We should never be drafting this high under normal circumstances.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Maye is Herbert with more mobility and athleticism. He's kinda like a Herbert/Josh Allen hybrid. 

Pair him with Ben Johnson and we run this division for a decade Reid/McNabb style.

No. I’d take Reid/Mahomes over Reid/McNabb.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Notice all the people who are laughing at you?  "Math can be disputed with facts" may be an all time classic.  

Who the team drafted in 2010 is completely irrelevant to today with totally different people making the decision.  And taking an OL at 2 in this draft is a huge waste of value.

Bo Ho, and this worthless post of yours, you can do better. Never said I was taking OL just that that's all we seem to hit on with our top picks although we did draft a HOFer there. A reply on somebody else's post. Post a math equation that says we have to take a QB top 3 Please.  2010? you making up more things I did not post? One's mind is a terrible thing to lose. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

And Herbert.

And yes he took Chase but he has said when asked that he knows it's a QB driven league and you need to have a franchise QB to be a consistent contender. He's well aware of it, he just didn't act on it, unfortunately.

If they truly have Maye pegged as a mediocre prospect and have Daniels ranked low then sure, they can pass on them. Maybe they have Nix rated very high and will trade down. Who knows. I'll trust this FO much more than previous ones. But one thing is for sure...if you have a #2 overall pick in a good QB draft, you're a brand new regime and in dire need of a franchise QB, and you pass on picking a QB high...you damn well better be right in your evaluation. Because if Maye or whoever becomes a stud then it's a titanic setback and there's going to be multiple cartons of egg on on many peoples' faces.

If they did that and got it wrong, it would cost them their jobs.

I think there are some Hivers still hoping it’s Sam.  If they decide that the top 3 aren’t worth it and trade down; they are still taking one of the other qbs.

7 hours ago, mistertim said:

Who cares if we've failed before? It's irrelevant. In the modern NFL you need to have a franchise QB if you're going to be a perennial contender. So you keep trying. And who cares if we hit on a blue chip OL if the QB they're protecting is a scrub? Hitting on a blue chip Tackle isn't going to make you a contender year after year. Hitting on a blue chip QB is. That's why teams keep on taking them high until they do hit.

Pretty much every single team, FO, and coach in the NFL realizes this and accepts this QB reality, even older school guys like Rivera. I have no clue why some fans seem to think every single NFL team is wrong and they're right.

All I did was correct you about how many times we tried to draft a blue chip QB in the last 30 years. I mentioned we have had better luck picking OT with our top picks and we seem to bust on everything else, just a comment on another post. Where did I say not to draft a QB or that other teams are wrong for drafting one. Nothing wrong with stirring the pot. 

32 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

A reply on somebody else's post. Post a math equation that says we have to take a QB top 3 Please. 

The math formula comes Into play when you start talking about the quarterbacks left in the playoffs and where they were drafted. 

Yes you can miss on a quarterback with a top 2 pick and yes you can hit on a quarterback with the 30th pick or even a 6th or 7th rounder but mathematically speaking you can't compare top 5 to the entirety of the rest of the draft because it's not mathematically appropriate to compare 5 slots to the other 250.

Do you not see how that's not the right way to compare the two?

If I told you I'd give you a million dollars if five 3 pointers were made and you got to choose between 5 nba players taking one shot apiece or 250 different people of tapering skill from college ball to pick up ball all taking one shot apiece you'd choose the latter and start counting your money, because although there's a good chance your nba players would all make their 3 you know damn well 5 out of 250 players would certainly make it.

But if I told you that you only got to choose 5 players out of the 255 you'd take the 5 nba players and hope they're all on their game that night.

That's the choice we have and your trying to change the math by counting the other 250 players but we don't get every pick in the draft unfortunately. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I mean yeah obviously but I was talking about domination in our division specifically. The NFC East is going to open up in a year or two as the Eagles age out and their cap gets restrained with the Hurts deal and the Cowboys have a ton of cap issues as well and have to pay Dak big money while also paying Parsons and Lamb. And the Giants appear to be a toxic mess.

You marry a good coach with a rookie QB in year 1 of your rebuild and you are on the path to sustained success.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Of Course, and Reid/McNabb didn't run the division for a decade, it was 3 years. After that a different team has won the division like 19 straight times. 

1 hour ago, skinsfan66 said:

All I did was correct you about how many times we tried to draft a blue chip QB in the last 30 years. I mentioned we have had better luck picking OT with our top picks and we seem to bust on everything else, just a comment on another post. Where did I say not to draft a QB or that other teams are wrong for drafting one. Nothing wrong with stirring the pot. 

You didn't correct me, you incorrected yourself. I said we've only drafted 2 QBs in the top 10 in the last 30 years and that's correct. Shuler at 3 in 1994 and RG3 at 2 in 2012. I didn't bother to correct you initially because, based on what I've seen here, literally no arguments or facts make even the slightest dent in your thinking.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, mistertim said:

. I said we've only drafted 2 QBs in the top 10 in the last 30 years and that's correct

Over 60 years unfortunately. 

Hard to believe we went 22 years with only 3 first round picks, crazy to think of, that would never happen in this day and age.

Young better than Tua?

Drafting a good OL prospect instead of guys with franchise QB potential at 2?

Math and logic can be disputed with… facts?

Are we feeling okay in here, team? It feels a little like we’ve lost our collective minds.

Its going to be a long three months.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Young better than Tua?

Drafting a good OL prospect instead of guys with franchise QB potential at 2?

Math and logic can be disputed with… facts?

Are we feeling okay in here, team? It feels a little like we’ve lost our collective minds.

Its going to be a long three months.

It feels like Around the NFL threads circa 2007 at their finest

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Nah, think about it, after the combine and the pro days, things could tighten up amongst these QB prospects meaning we could look to get our QB later in round one or early in round 2. 

Chicago passed on QB last year with the #1 overall pick and it worked out nicely for them.....who's to say the same happen for us if we trade back from the #2 pick? If Peters plays this out, he could take a QB mid-round or late in round 1 this year and still be in position to go QB next year if need be with multiple picks in the 2025 1st round. Again, this is only if he sees multiple QB's this year who are very close as prospects....if 2 jump clearly ahead of the class then I suspect he'll sit tight at #2 and grab one of them. Right now most people feel 3 QB's are the top QB's in the class but there's still a ways to go with interviews, pro days, combine etc....

Chicago's situation was far different. I'm not a big Fields guy but he is surely better than Sam Howell.  So they decided to roll with Fields to get another look and got blind lucky when Bryce Love turned out to be so bad they got a do-over. Had the Panthers taken Stroud, or Young had not totally sucked, they would not be looking so smart today and would probably have been stuck giving Fields a Daniel Jones contract that would have killed them.  

As for Washington what you are proposing is a huge gamble. What if they trade back too far and the QBs they really like are gone. What then?  Take their 4th or 5th best option because they are in desperate need of a QB?  Would that make more sense than just taking a highly rated QB prospect at 2?  Next year's class is not nearly this strong, who knows where they will be picking and what it would cost to move up to take one of next year's QBs?

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

It is funny how people questioned if I knew how to watch tape, only for analysts to come to the same conclusion I did after watching tape:

I listened to Daniel Jeremiah and since Daniels had way better tape than Maye this year that’s why he has it that way. But he liked 2022 Maye better than 2022 Daniels. And he is concerned with Daniels bodyweight and the potential hits he would take.

Daniels highlights remind me of RG3,who I loved, and I remember telling anyone who would listen I wanted us to draft him back in November watching college football at that time.

I honestly trust Peters and whichever HC we get to make the right decision for their scheme and for the team on who to take. Could easily be Daniels. Could be Maye.

I wouldn’t even be shocked or dismayed if they tried to trade down to 5 or 6 and take Bo Nix, or JJ. The important thing is they get the guy they want (coach and GM) without the owner pulling the strings. 

If it fails, try again in a few years. 

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I love Maye but would be okay with Daniels tbh. Just gotta design a scheme around him like we did for RG3, hope his body fills out some, and hope he doesnt have that RG3 egomania.

Yup. His running ability is phenomenal and if they draft him and then don’t have a plan to utilize it I would be furious.