Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

47 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I have no idea what this is even supposed to mean. 

You said about Howell "I think with the right coach and the right team Build you can make it work.".  If you do not understand by now that to "make it work" in the NFL you need a franchise QB I don't know what to tell you.

You were right, I don't know how Howell will turn out.  But if you are sitting at #2 with this sort of QB prospect there for the taking why on Earth would you settle for Sam Howell and the long odds that he can in fact become a long team starter on a team that contends year after year, which of course is almost always a franchise QB?  When you have the opportunity to take Maye or Daniels you don't even think about the name Sam Howell. 

Done talking about Howell and all the twists and turns, stats, compares as why we have to pick top 2.  Sounds like you are ready to anoint Maye or Daniels franchise QB's? I will wait and pass like I did with RG3. No other options? That is what I don't understand. In Peters we trust.      

2 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Listen I think that stuff is cringe, too, but the league is now majority Gen Z. Players these days are a different breed... they've grown up watching ESPN cover player outfits walking into the stadium. All they know is the free agency era, or as Gen Z would say, "standing on business". I don't think these behaviors will put off contemporary locker rooms the way it might come off to old heads like us as odd lol. 

Yep, us 40 and 50+ers aren't going to understand these people ever. Just tell me if they are first in and last out, and can lead a team through rah rah that's effective, or quiet confidence that's equally effective or anything inbetween. The rest of it, I dgaf about. Obviously do due diligence, do all the invasive everything, if you find out he's a secret Ryan Leaf, with a personality order or Blackmon addiction issues, pass, but otherwise, I don't care care as long as he checks the work ethic box and can be a leader. All the sweetest character college QB's in the world were largely dog----, even the angels in this league, often end up propositioning hookers and not angels at all, or even worse, kirby puckett types. If he's first in last out in terms of work ethic, and can lead, and won't be compromised by his character and can do the rest on the field. All these stories are things I couldn't give less of a ---- about. 

• Like 3

How many QB's do you think would grade out that way? Athletes in general? Maybe he's out on the tail, but right now I think it's speculative and almost certainly immaterial (he's going #1). It's incredibly difficult to imagine a team passing on a guy w/his talent because he may be a self-involved diva. Nobody is gonna pass on that ceiling there. I think people will be open to considering another direction with guys on day 2 or day 3 that exhibit such traits but if you are a top 5, 10, 20 player in a draft, its highly unlikely, and if you're the #1 overall, there's really no chance. That may be a mistake, especially at a position this important, but I cannot imagine a world in which teams take that risk and pass on a guy because of personality. 

Edited by The Consigliere
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I have no idea what this is even supposed to mean. 

3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

The student has become the master. A long road since you thought Jason Campbell would become a franchise QB. Go forth and burst the bubbles of dreamers and their QB man crushes across the interwebs! Bravo! 👏 

It means that you have learned well and are no longer a mere Padawan.

You are now free to leave the protection of the temple, and wander outside it, into the vast spiritual wasteland beyond.

Your mission, to humbly share your new found font of wisdom, like a spiritual oasis, in the eternal desert of mankinds soul.

The adventure of life awaits you...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

How many QB's do you think would grade out that way? Athletes in general? Maybe he's out on the tail, but right now I think it's speculative and almost certainly immaterial (he's going #1). It's incredibly difficult to imagine a team passing on a guy w/his talent because he may be a self-involved diva. Nobody is gonna pass on that ceiling there. I think people will be open to considering another direction with guys on day 2 or day 3 that exhibit such traits but if you are a top 5, 10, 20 player in a draft, its highly unlikely, and if you're the #1 overall, there's really no chance. That may be a mistake, especially at a position this important, but I cannot imagine a world in which teams take that risk and pass on a guy because of personality. 

I wouldnt pass on him if the Bears took Maye at 1. Just saying itd be a cause for concern.

2 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

It's likely one of the reasons that the Colts passed on Leaf and then RG3. Both those guys were clearly the more talented players and today almost surely would have been rated higher than Manning and Luck. 

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Sarcasm?

Polian on the scheduled Leaf meeting at the NFL Scouting Combine: "There was a big bump in the road early in March at the NFL Scouting Combine, where we had scheduled on opening night to meet with Leaf for 20 minutes. It’s a protocol set up by the NFL. Manning was set for the following night. Leaf didn’t show up. We were waiting in a room at the Holiday Inn, and he never showed. No one ever called. No one ever said, 'Gee, he can’t make it.' Nothing."

Polian on Leaf's Pro Day at Washington State: "Afterward, we had a meeting with Ryan that didn’t go well at all. Coach (Jim) Mora asked him, 'When are you planning on coming in after the draft? You can come in a week afterward.' Ryan said, 'Coach, I can’t make that. My buddies and I have a trip planned to Las Vegas. We’ve planned this for a long time, so I’ll be in three days or so later than that.' That obviously wasn’t what you wanted to hear."

Ryan Leaf blasts Bill Polian for 1998 NFL Draft story (indystar.com)

10 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Polian on the scheduled Leaf meeting at the NFL Scouting Combine: "There was a big bump in the road early in March at the NFL Scouting Combine, where we had scheduled on opening night to meet with Leaf for 20 minutes. It’s a protocol set up by the NFL. Manning was set for the following night. Leaf didn’t show up. We were waiting in a room at the Holiday Inn, and he never showed. No one ever called. No one ever said, 'Gee, he can’t make it.' Nothing."

Polian on Leaf's Pro Day at Washington State: "Afterward, we had a meeting with Ryan that didn’t go well at all. Coach (Jim) Mora asked him, 'When are you planning on coming in after the draft? You can come in a week afterward.' Ryan said, 'Coach, I can’t make that. My buddies and I have a trip planned to Las Vegas. We’ve planned this for a long time, so I’ll be in three days or so later than that.' That obviously wasn’t what you wanted to hear."

Ryan Leaf blasts Bill Polian for 1998 NFL Draft story (indystar.com)

I wasn’t sure if you were being serious about Leaf and Robert being more talented prospects than Manning and luck.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I think Calebs personality goes beyond just being gen z. Hes got the characteristics of classic narcissism. 

Your lust for Drake Maye has no apparent boundaries 😂

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I wasn’t sure if you were being serious about Leaf and Robert being more talented prospects than Manning and luck.

Well seeing as he said they were both "clearly the more talented players" it would appear as if the correct answer is yes. 

13 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

Done talking about Howell and all the twists and turns, stats, compares as why we have to pick top 2.  Sounds like you are ready to anoint Maye or Daniels franchise QB's? I will wait and pass like I did with RG3. No other options? That is what I don't understand. In Peters we trust.      

Nobody is anointing anyone anything.  Most all of us are simply saying it's worth the risk because you need a good QB where you want to roll out Howell again. 

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Well seeing as he said they were both "clearly the more talented players" it would appear as if the correct answer is yes. 

Nobody is anointing anyone anything.  Most all of us are simply saying it's worth the risk because you need a good QB where you want to roll out Howell again. 

It's your opinions, some of us have different.  I am fine with whatever they do but a (trade up), as I stated many times over and over. I defend Howell when it is brought up many times but that's it, not when I roll it out, I do not. I never said a different coach could make him better that was others, it could happen though. I have no opinion on EB good or bad. I would be fine with a rebuild and not take a QB first if that's how it goes and you are right about that. When I bring up things about the top 3 it has nothing to do with anybody but them, It's just debate. Again, If they take a top 3 I am fine with no trade up. I wanted OL,TE last year this year I am up in the air. 

14 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

Yeah I don’t get it, the top qbs are always the media darlings, but what do they know….journalism that’s it. How is it that the packers last 3 qbs none were picked top 5 10 15 or 20? But 2 are hall of famers and the last is pretty dang good. I’m not saying we don’t need a qb but I think we should look at the best value we can get for the pick we have, let a qb needy team trade up and take our 2nd, I don’t see top 5 potential in any of the qbs this year. 

Have you guys seen Williams play? He cant run a 3 step drop he needs to elude the defenders a lot of time and make time and look for an open player, that type of ball isn’t sustainable in the nfl you need both and I don’t see him adjusting his play style like LJAX, being super athletic is important no doubt at qb but it takes hours in the film room each week to know what the opposing defense is going to throw at you and how to counter hit I don’t see him putting in that type of work.

Edited by CjSuAvE22
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Yeah I don’t get it, the top qbs are always the media darlings, but what do they know….journalism that’s it. How is it that the packers last 3 qbs none were picked top 5 10 15 or 20? But 2 are hall of famers and the last is pretty dang good. I’m not saying we don’t need a qb but I think we should look at the best value we can get for the pick we have, let a qb needy team trade up and take our 2nd, I don’t see top 5 potential in any of the qbs this year. 

Been saying similar things like all the top QB's were picked 6th and down, Stroud being the only other one not to be. 

Yes some of the better QBs were taken later in the 1st. But when you have a shot at a franchise QB you take it. We have a shot this year with the num 2 pick you take it. 

Just for reference, three of the eight remaining QBs were top two picks. Two in fact were taken num 2 overall in strong QB classes. Sound familiar?

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Yes some of the better QBs were taken later in the 1st. But when you have a shot at a franchise QB you take it. We have a shot this year with the num 2 pick you take it. 

Just for reference, three of the eight remaining QBs were top two picks. Two in fact were taken num 2 overall in strong QB classes. Sound familiar?

And the favorites to win it all were taken as last pick in the first rd. Lamar J. and last pick in the whole draft, Brock P. then pick 10. Mahomes with the rings then 7th pick J.Allen then 26th pick Love of the first rd.  Stroud was a great pick a hit I said that,  J.Goff, Mayfield are with second teams as they gave up on them. All good QB's and taken at different spots in the draft.  Correct? 

33 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

And the favorites to win it all were taken as last pick in the first rd. Lamar J. and last pick in the whole draft, Brock P. then pick 10. Mahomes with the rings then 7th pick J.Allen then 26th pick Love of the first rd.  Stroud was a great pick a hit I said that,  J.Goff, Mayfield are with second teams as they gave up on them. All good QB's and taken at different spots in the draft.  Correct? 

This has been explained to you a thousand times, why do you just keep posting the same thing over and over? It’s been explained to you using math. It’s been explained to you using logic/reasoning. It’s been explained to you using colorful metaphors (a @Skinsinparadise specialty). 

It’s fine if you disagree. But the points against your POV, and the underlying reasons, have been widely, deeply, broadly, thoroughly made to you. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

we’re in alignment.

The guy that could sneak into the first round IMO is JJ McCarthy, and its warranted. I think the main reason he isnt rated as a top 5 pick is that he wasnt asked to throw the ball a lot. 

but the kid is a winner, executes well on 3rd down, and is sneaky fast when scrambling. 

thats the type of value im looking for this draft. 

not sure where he will ultimately be drafted, but I could see him going as high as #6 to the gmen. Doubt he makes it past the steelers at #20. Denver is another team that could be looking his direction. 

lets see how the pre-draft process goes, but if the draft was today im trading back and targeting JJ. 

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, illone said:

we’re in alignment.

The guy that could sneak into the first round IMO is JJ McCarthy, and its warranted. I think the main reason he isnt rated as a top 5 pick is that he wasnt asked to throw the ball a lot. 

but the kid is a winner, executes well on 3rd down, and is sneaky fast when scrambling. 

thats the type of value im looking for this draft. 

not sure where he will ultimately be drafted, but I could see him going as high as #6 to the gmen. Doubt he makes it past the steelers at #20. Denver is another team that could be looking his direction. 

lets see how the pre-draft process goes, but if the draft was today im trading back and targeting JJ. 

I like him better than most too, I thinks he needs to sit a year maybe and he would be a good fit. He has not turned 21 yet and needs a little time like maybe Love. Plus you get extra picks. Played in a real pro offense also. Many things to like. 

11 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

I don't suppose I could just get some starting stud olineman and worry about QB next year could I? If you let me have that this year I will never bring it up again. Pinky swear!

nope!  You have to take a QB at #2, even if its daniel jones. Otherwise we will suck for another decade. 

😂😂

• Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

I don't suppose I could just get some starting stud olineman and worry about QB next year could I? If you let me have that this year I will never bring it up again. Pinky swear!

Why would you want to put off the most important position when we have the 2nd overall pick in a draft that's top heavy at QB?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

20 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Listen I think that stuff is cringe, too, but the league is now majority Gen Z. Players these days are a different breed... they've grown up watching ESPN cover player outfits walking into the stadium. All they know is the free agency era, or as Gen Z would say, "standing on business". I don't think these behaviors will put off contemporary locker rooms the way it might come off to old heads like us as odd lol. 

Im not "Old". I just turned 37, and many of my friends are 31-36. And if a player wants to paint his nails and say cringy slang, fine...BUT NOT THE F'n QB. Save it for a WR/CB...

Stroud, Richardson, Howell, Lawrence, Burrow, Herbert... All of these guys are Calebs peers and dont act like that.

I see much more Cam Newton in Caleb, and we've seen how that worked out. Won 12 games twice over 11 years and had a losing record in 8/11 years.

Again, I am not saying he will completely wash out, but if Caleb has a Newton type career (And please dont pin your hopes on one miraculous 15-1 year), then that would be a bust for how highly he is being touted.

I would probably rank Maye as QB1, but I dont LOVE him as a prospect. Daniels is great, but when you look deeper there are some concerns about the parts being greater than the Sum.

I.e. Daniels has a good arm, quick release, and amazing deep ball accuracy, but only with a clean pocket. His accuracy falls off pretty bad and he really doesnt drive the ball well.

His running ability is 2nd to only Lamar, but his frame is TERRIBLE, and he takes big hits. Also, his ability to throw on the run is very underwhelming.

• Like 1