Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Jax vs. Tenn:  Down 8, you need 2 scores to win. 7 minutes left, need 2 scores to win, why not just kick the FG?

That seems like Pederson is pressing.  

I thought that too at first but It seems like teams lately want two cracks at the touchdown when only down by 4 to 8.

I think the thought process is if you get it now plus the two point conversion you're tied, if not you still can tie it with one score.

If you kick the field goal you still need a touchdown to prevent losing so by going with the first option you get two chances at the touchdown instead of one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

It would be nice if Cards win, just so they are taken out of the pick order reshuffling for subsequent rounds, but if NO holds and we lose, pick 2 is secure.

I'm actually rooting for Arizona to lose assuming NYG loses.  I don't want MHJ in the division.

Edited by mhd24
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, MisterPinstripe said:

You haven't explained yet why your position isn't simple minded compared to my silly simple-minded position. So I'll just have to continue on without that insight. If you decide you want to enlighten me I guess send me a message so we don't disrupt the thread.

Let me sum it up here, with no extended disruption or wasted time. 👹

_old_people_fighting.gif.a1be3e41d52e85a9d1acad95bd4df2dc.gif

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

It's just a dumb line of thinking period. 

Might as well rule out Penix and Nix because there have never been good QBs whose names shared as many letters in the same draft. 

You know, you can be a little snarky.  

image.gif.946f2a606465197027fc38e72359770d.gif

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

It would be nice if Cards win, just so they are taken out of the pick order reshuffling for subsequent rounds, but if NO holds and we lose, pick 2 is secure.

This is actually a good point. We should also probably hope for a Giants win so they lose draft position. Atlanta would then become the biggest threat after New England to trade up for a QB. 

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Remind me why the Lions care about this game? 2nd sees possibility if Dallas loses?  

Correct, they need both Philly and Dallas to lose.  (to NYG and us) 

Seems almost impossible, but the bye is huge. 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

This is actually a good point. We should also probably hope for a Giants win so they lose draft position. Atlanta would then become the biggest threat after New England to trade up for a QB. 

Nope, if NYG loses and Arizona wins, then NYG gets the 4th pick.  I don't want Marvin Harrison in the division.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

Everyone, just root hard for NYG.  We don't want them to get a high pick.  Also, root for KC and root for the Jags to come back if possible.

Yup. Keep the Giants from getting a franchise QB or MHJ. Let them wander in QB purgatory for a few more years and have a new coaching staff and GM in a few years.

Edited by seantaylor=god
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

It's just a dumb line of thinking period. 

Might as well rule out Penix and Nix because there have never been good QBs whose names shared as many letters in the same draft. 

Duuuuuuuuuuude.... 🤯🤯🤯🤯

24 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Doesn't matter to me if we end up 3rd or 4th. Nix, Penix or Daniels will be available. Either one is fine with me. No Mayes. No decent QB has ever come out of UNC. And that includes Trubisky.

Why on earth would you not care that we have LESS options. You’re that confident in your own opinion? We don’t know ****. It absolutely should matter to you if we end up at 2 vs 3 vs 4. It’s the height of arrogance to think you know enough to confidently not be worried about having less options.

Bat**** insane opinion to actually voice 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1