Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

Just now, Llevron said:

correct. Losing is the priority 

I want to take a second to use this post to make an important piggyback…

No one has said “loosing” is a priority and that makes me so happy.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

Coming from you, this seems less likely a typo and more like Freudian slip. 

I’m going to laugh react and pretend like I caught your meaning.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I’m going to laugh react and pretend like I caught your meaning.

"Meantime" is a word. "Mean time" feels like a descriptor of how you're going to make things for the rest of us.

Jokes are always best when they need to be explained in detail. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

"Meantime" is a word. "Mean time" feels like a descriptor of how you're going to make things for the rest of us.

Jokes are always best when they need to be explained in detail. 

Oh. Ya. Even with it bolded I missed my phone autocorrected that to two words.

Its Sunday. I’m not paying attention.

Sorry I ruined your joke :( 

Edited by KDawg

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Bryce Young makes a beautiful play and his receiver fumbles while diving into the endzone. Cant make this stuff up. :)

Then goes and comforts Chark on the sideline. That’s awesome, especially since he could easily be pissed off and frustrated based on all the chatter of how much better Stroud is and what a wasted pick he was. 

Really rooting for the kid. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, bh32 said:

No..you take a QB..For everyone who wants to trade back have you guys been in a comma the last 4 years? We need a QB more than any other position and trading back for more picks and bypassing on a potential franchise QB would have this team in the same boat as they are now.

I would say, the last 30 years? How many times have we tried short cuts since failing with Shuler? Wasn't 1999, 2004, 2009, 2017, 2020-2023 enough for you? We literally have tried building around a franchise QB selection twice since I was born in 1974. Not surprisingly, we haven't had any franchise QB's in my lifetime developed in house, and rarely had any at all to begin with and in December I turn 50. Like, I don't know, in a league that's been radically reshaped to reward QB play more and more since my birth and especially since the QB protection rule changes of 20ish years ago. To try a methodology that rarely worked before the rules changes, and almost never works barring miracles, or the SF or Baltimore front office (and even w/them they had to get everything perfect and even w/that between them they've won all of 1 superbowl this century, despite the near perfect builds outside QB (which is why Baltimore went back to Lamar). 

It's just insanity. I don't get this at all. What the hell scares people so much about this?

That worst that can happen is try again? Like the Cardinals, Jets, Giants, and others have had to? BFD. 

Who cares?

You try the other way, you end up with 1993-2023? Do you really want to continue on this circular road to nowhere for more decades? 

As I mentioned earlier, it is rare, even when you screw up, that you don't get rewarded with high enough picks to try again. The Cardinals after Rosen, got Kyler, and if they want to move on from Kyler, can get that done in '24. The Giants, who screwed up with Danny Nickels, can try again too. The Jets, who screwed up with Darnold and with Wilson, would be in position to try again if they hadn't hit on nearly all their defensive prospects, and landed a grand slam of elite level talent out of day 1 and day 2 in '22. 

Like, seriously? We either hit on this pick, or we try again in '25 and '26, and if we hit in '24, '25 or '26, then we're good, and if we don't, then we keep trying.

Trying this Frerotte, Johnson, Ramsey, Boonell, Campbell, McNabb, Alex Smith, Heinickie stupidity really needs to freaking end already. Good lord. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1