Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

Just now, KillBill26 said:

I don't know man.  Sure it could blow up in their face, it's far from an exact science, but putting a Caleb Williams type prospect behind a promising young oline has nauseating potential for the gmen.  

The Daniel Jones cap hit in 2024 and lack of other premium draft picks in 24/25 will make it hard to add young cheap talent in the short term, but if the QB pans out, they will have a good young core for years 3-5 of the QB on the rookie contract.  I'd rather they just be stuck in mediocrity with Daniel Jones.

The problem with all trade ups is that the asset cost is so high that it usually causes failure. 

Now, are there outliers? Probably. 

Is Williams a good QB? Possibly.

Is there OL promising? Sure. 

But they have no weapons. And if it doesn’t work in the next year or two Daboll is gone and they are hitting reset.

Ya, if it all pans out that’s not ideal. But they could grab Nix, Maye, Daniels, Rattler, Pratt, Penix or whoever where they draft and have the same caveat. Any time a rival ends up minus assets I’m happy.

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Look at the facts.  Dallas is playing for the division title and most importantly the #2 seed.  They can rest for an extra week.  That's huge and you're freaking out thinking we stand a chance to win the game. Our team gave up weeks ago, KDawg!  Really?  

LV over the Broncos. 

Who is freaking out, RWJ? Is that how you think/react when you post? Every thought is a freak out? :ols:

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Look at the facts.  Dallas is playing for the division title and most importantly the #2 seed.  They can rest for an extra week.  That's huge and you're freaking out thinking we stand a chance to win the game. Our team gave up weeks ago, KDawg!  Really?  

I honestly can’t believe you wave watched this franchise for this many seasons and can’t see that this is exactly the kind of win they squeeze out just to hurt us. 

Part of me thinks you have to be trolling. Or it’s a coping mechanism. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I honestly can’t believe you wave watched this franchise for this mean seasons and can’t see that this is exactly the kind of win they squeeze out just to hurt us. 

Or he's just a spaz.

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Yeah, it would take too long to post out all the various scenarios, but essentially, some SOS's aren't close enough with us one way or the other to matter, and there are several "hurts team B but also helps team C" type things.

At this point it boils down to three things.

1. We lost

2. New England beat the Jets

3. If #2 doesn't happen, I *think* at this point that assuming both us and NE lose, we're guaranteed pick number 2 if New Orleans beats Atlanta.  If Atlanta wins, there are two other games that have to go our way instead.  

4. Green Bay over Chicago, and I can't remember the other one.

It boils down to us losing PLUS 2 more points (let’s call them points for this example).

Saints beat Falcons=2 points

Packers beat Bears=1 point

Raiders beat Broncos=1 point

Of course all this won’t matter if Pats win against the Jets.

• Like 1

Not great that Kamara is out, but love that TH is out. Was worried about him playing spoiler for us. 

Also good that Mac Jones isn’t starting.  Means BB isn’t planning to tank. 

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Humor me here… if we beat Dallas… where are we picking?

I think 6th is our floor, worst case scenario. We lose the tie breaker to the Giants, and win over the Chargers and Titans.

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The problem with all trade ups is that the asset cost is so high that it usually causes failure. 

Now, are there outliers? Probably. 

Is Williams a good QB? Possibly.

Is there OL promising? Sure. 

But they have no weapons. And if it doesn’t work in the next year or two Daboll is gone and they are hitting reset.

Ya, if it all pans out that’s not ideal. But they could grab Nix, Maye, Daniels, Rattler, Pratt, Penix or whoever where they draft and have the same caveat. Any time a rival ends up minus assets I’m happy.

Who is freaking out, RWJ? Is that how you think/react when you post? Every thought is a freak out? :ols:

No, I don't think:  

You keep on posting worry posts.  May I should say STOP WORRYING!  :ols:  Does that fit the bill?  :) 

Edited by RWJ

Regardless of where we pick I'm pretty excited today is the last day Ron is coaching this team. Here's to smart football people and coaches in our future and hopefully we never ever have to root to lose for draft position again!!! Cheers everyone!!

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

9 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

It boils down to us losing PLUS 2 more points (let’s call them points for this example).

Saints beat Falcons=2 points

Packers beat Bears=1 point

Raiders beat Broncos=1 point

Of course all this won’t matter if Pats win against the Jets.

Assuming these points are tied to the Pats. I know I should know this but if the Pats lose where do we pick if we win?   

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

Just now, TradeTheBeal! said:

Dallas has been pretty awful on the road this year, just saying.

This game does seem to be a little different this year. Our secondary is on IR C.Lamb should have a field day not to mention others, we traded our starting DE's, OL sucks, Have we ever had a d this bad, last in the League, coaches, nothing to play for but draft picks, the Cowboys home field. We did this thing last year you think it might be fresh in their mind. If Dallas loses this game the coaches have to get fired. Jerry Jones might have the big one, Elizabeth. On the flip side if Howell lights them up and Wash. wins? We all can laugh about it and Ron can go out a winner? 

On 1/1/2024 at 2:21 PM, Skins199021 said:

Both were for sure better QB prospects than Maye 

Tour logic essentially sounds like it doesn’t matter the quality of the top 3 QBs in the draft you take them because the are top 3. That is how you end up with Wilson or Lance in the top 3 

Herbert was bigger, faster, stronger, and more accurate than Maye, better arm strength 

Tua was for sure a better prospect than Maye, in fact it was a Burrow/Tua debate until Tua’s injury.

tua for sure played against better competition and I would argue Herbert did in 2019. Maye played no one this year and had underwhelming numbers 

in terms of actual QB skills and play it’s is very hard to really distinguish between Howell and Maye as talent on college. One was a 5th round pick and the other we are thinking at 2? That’s scares me 

would be much more comfortable taking the risk with Jayden Daniels at 2 than Maye. If we must go the QB route 

Freddie Kitchens calls Maye the best QB he’s ever been around college pro…pretty solid endorsement and Maye had underwhelming O lines and two different coordinators.  He’s loaded with talent and arm strength 

11 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Assuming these points are tied to the Pats. I know I should know this but if the Pats lose where do we pick if we win?

Anywhere between 4-7. So we need to lose and needs the Saints to win is the only option to hold on to that #2 spot. 

36 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I honestly can’t believe you wave watched this franchise for this many seasons and can’t see that this is exactly the kind of win they squeeze out just to hurt us. 

Been a fan since 1972.  I'm not a troll.  Nor am I a coping mechanism.  Just stating the facts in my post to KDawg.  Where did I post anything that wasn't true? 

46 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Look at the facts.  Dallas is playing for the division title and most importantly the #2 seed.  They can rest for an extra week. 

Getting the number 2 seed is big to get a first round home game against a weaker opponent but only the first seed (which is the niners) gets a bye so no extra week of rest.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, RWJ said:

No, I don't think:  

You keep on posting worry posts.  May I should say STOP WORRYING!  :ols:  Does that fit the bill?  :) 

Not really, no. I don’t know how you’re a fan of this team and haven’t seen very similar before. Oh, I don’t know, like last year.

Things happen. Beating Dallas when we don’t want to is very Snyder. 

This is his last effort to sabotage us. 

Fingers crossed things go chalk.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Not really, no. I don’t know how you’re a fan of this team and haven’t seen very similar before. Oh, I don’t know, like last year.

Things happen. Beating Dallas when we don’t want to is very Snyder. 

This is his last effort to sabotage us. 

Fingers crossed things go chalk.

I believe they will!  I'd be SUPER stunned if Dallas lost to us.  Have I been in a worry or concern situation with this team.  Heck yes!  A lot of times when fans shouldn't have had to be because of Snyder and other times in the Allen era and others.  We needed help to get into the playoffs by other teams winning and that team losing.  Worst case scenario, we pick #3.  This team has NO life.  None.  I have never seen a team like this Washington team be so down in out in my 51 years of watching football.  

Just now, TradeTheBeal! said:

The best and only path for us to beat Dallas is to establish a strong running game, which inhibits their pass rush, and then utilize our deep threats off PA concepts.

Anyone think EB has that in him?

There lies some of the problem.  Plus, add more injuries and starters that are sitting out this game because they don't want to risk injury.  They get paid to play and they are sitting out.  New Pres/GM and HC is needed to try and clean up this mess.  Washington Commanders are seeking employment.  Please apply here:  

5 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

The best and only path for us to beat Dallas is to establish a strong running game, which inhibits their pass rush, and then utilize our deep threats off PA concepts.

Anyone think EB has that in him?

I dont think EB has a running play on his Denny's menu. Dallas had nothing to play for last year. They have EVERYTHING to play for this year. They are going to curb stomp us. 

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont think EB has a running play on his Denny's menu. Dallas had nothing to play for last year. They have EVERYTHING to play for this year. They are going to curb stomp us. 

Here’s hoping! :cheers:

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2