Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They can do whatever they like as far as I am concerned. 

But they are playing in a sandbox that i've never seen them in during my lifetime.  That is, picking super high (assuming we lose) in a ballyhooed draft for QBs.  You know last year when we discussed QBs in the draft thread the refrain was next year is better.  We've heard of Drake Maye and Caleb Williams being special for years.  And if we are picking top 2 where we can organically take one of those 2 QBs seems almost surreal. 

But if they aren't in love with either and want to trade down.  Cool.   But they better be proven right in that case.  If they skip over a QB who ends up a franchise QB and their choice isn't -- it might be the dumbest of all the bad moves that were made at QB over the last 30 years.   

Yeah I was thinking more that perhaps they don't fall in love with any or find Penix or McCarthy better fit their vision.

I am cool with what they decide too...well within reason lol.

Personally, I am not sold on any of them. 

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

If we were picking like 8-12 sure. I am going to be disgusted if we end up with the second pick and pass on Caleb or Maye though. 

The tougher question is what they would do at #4 or 5. Those are entirely within the realm of possibility. How much are you willing to give up for Williams or Maye?

9 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Atlanta is a perfect spot for a vet imo. That team is ready to win. Russ or Cousins would be a good fit there. 

Atlanta should trade for Fields. He's a hometown guy, young, and Chicago is probably moving on. 

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Atlanta should trade for Fields. He's a hometown guy, young, and Chicago is probably moving on. 

Yeah. Thats a good fit as well. 

6 minutes ago, profusion said:

The tougher question is what they would do at #4 or 5. Those are entirely within the realm of possibility. How much are you willing to give up for Williams or Maye?

I think as long as we lose to Dallas the worst we can pick is 3. Then you have to decide if you want to trade up one spot or would you be happy with Daniels there as well?

37 minutes ago, profusion said:

I just found the comment about Williams' DMV connection to be dumb. It's meaningless. He's going to want to go to a winning situation and/or a top 5 media market. The length of time it takes to visit his parents won't be a factor.

Speaking of his parents, isn't Williams the guy that went into the stands and cried with his mom after a USC game this season? That could be a touching thing if he does that after every win in his hometown as an NFL QB. 

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Speaking of his parents, isn't Williams the guy that went into the stands and cried with his mom after a USC game this season? That could be a touching thing if he does that after every win in his hometown as an NFL QB. 

It would also be quite annoying if he did that after every loss.

• Haha 1

Chicago has played great with Fields the past 6-7 games, not sure I am quick to assume they will move on.  Eberflus might be safe, too. Plus it seems like Bears players like Fields and support him sticking around, that has to be considered by the Bears decision makers... no?

Either way i am buckled up for an exciting off season in Washington. Even though we will certainly WIN the off-season, I have a feeling it will feel different than previous off-season wins under the previous doofus.

Howell is still under contract so he will be here either way unless they try to trade him away and its not like he would fetch much... would he?

Not the worst situation with him as the backup since Jacoby will be gone.

Penix worries me from an injury perspective.  No doubt he can spin it, and he might have gotten himself into 1st round consideration with his performance this weekend... 

Howell vs Penix competition? 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Klatt, he's fun to watch.  i don't always agree with him but the dude certainly watches a ton of college football. 

Joel Klatt reveals his Top 5 quarterbacks to start the 2023 season

With the college football season set to kick off on Saturday, fans and analysts across the country are debating who the best players are.

When it comes to the quarterback position, this is a class that is looked at as a once-in-a-decade type of class, with multiple guys expected to be high draft picks in next year’s NFL Draft. Caleb Williams (USC) and Drake Maye (UNC) are considered to be the top 2 players in all of college football.

Joel Klatt, a former quarterback himself who has 44 school records at Colorado, said it’s a very good year for quarterbacks, especially in the Pac-12.

3. Michael Penix Jr.: “If I had to bet on anyone not named  Caleb Williams to win the Heisman it is this guy. I have been watching him since he was at Indiana.”

2. Drake Maye: “I love watching this guy play. He is a mini Josh Allen. Whatever North Carolina is going to be able to do is on the back of him.”

1. Caleb Williams: “He is the closest thing in football at any level to Patrick Mahomes, who is the best football player on the planet. Caleb Williams does things that aren’t supposed to happen in a football game.”

https://saturdayoutwest.com/pac-12/joel-klatt-reveals-his-top-5-quarterbacks-to-start-the-2023-season/

“Drake Maye is No. 3 in the official Heisman ranking right now,” Klatt said on his show. … the guy is uber talented and like I said earlier — if Caleb Williams wasn’t wearing a college football jersey right now, Drake Maye would be the runaway No. 1 pick.

“Everyone is saying all of these NFL teams are tanking for Caleb Williams — two teams will be getting great quarterbacks. His game translates so well to the NFL. The [passing] windows that he sees on the field — most college quarterbacks would see a guy that is covered — he sees a guy who is open. He has the talent and confidence to throw them open.”

Klatt rounded out his Heisman rankings with Williams at No. 1 and Washington QB Michael Penix Jr. at No. 2, though Klatt doesn’t see the same professional ceiling for Penix that he does for Williams and Maye.

https://www.on3.com/college/north-carolina-tar-heels/news/joel-klatt-makes-case-for-drake-maye-as-heisman-contender/

Any new news from him now, List, predictions, now that season is almost over and that was preseason? What does he think now? 

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yeah. Thats a good fit as well. 

I think as long as we lose to Dallas the worst we can pick is 3. Then you have to decide if you want to trade up one spot or would you be happy with Daniels there as well?

Wouldn't it be something if our hand was forced by picking 3rd and we had to take Harrison as the bpa and then followed up with someone like Nix or McCarthy and it worked out to take us to 4 SB wins cause McCarthy turned out to be the next Brady and Harrison is better than his dad was? Stranger things have happened. 

By the way, if we did take Harrison wouldn't it make sense to trade back into the late 1st round to grab the QB to get the 5th year of the rookie contract? It would cost us both 2nds but could be worth it if the guy we really want is still there? This is gonna be an awesome draft to follow....Magic's gonna be in the war room calling the players and high fiivng everyone. 

Can't wait for that weekend. 

• Like 1

Bears will trade Fields and draft Williams. It’s a mathematical certainty. 

The only scenario I am willing to entertain is if we fall to 3…and we really don’t like Daniels…maybe we trade out. 

But I think the possibility of that happening is slim. I expect no trades and that we pick whatever QB is left. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Wouldn't it be something if our hand was forced by picking 3rd and we had to take Harrison as the bpa and then followed up with someone like Nix or McCarthy and it worked out to take us to 4 SB wins cause McCarthy turned out to be the next Brady and Harrison is better than his dad was? Stranger things have happened. 

By the way, if we did take Harrison wouldn't it make sense to trade back into the late 1st round to grab the QB to get the 5th year of the rookie contract? It would cost us both 2nds but could be worth it if the guy we really want is still there? This is gonna be an awesome draft to follow....Magic's gonna be in the war room calling the players and high fiivng everyone. 

Can't wait for that weekend. 

Magic will definitely meet and greet our draft picks but I highly doubt any of the owners are in the war room. Harris seems to believe in a separation of church and state, so to speak. Wouldn’t really matter because we’d know the FO is making the picks, but I just doubt those optics will be in play. 

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Magic will definitely meet and greet our draft picks but I highly doubt any of the owners are in the war room. Harris seems to believe in a separation of church and state, so to speak. Wouldn’t really matter because we’d know the FO is making the picks, but I just doubt those optics will be in play. 

Idk. Magic is kind of a unicorn from an ownership perspective. First of all he has no operating control and his economic stake is very small (4%). His value is precisely in his public-facing ambassadorship and legend status among athletes. He's a guy you'd want interacting with the players. It's not like Mitch Rales is in there micromanaging the area scouts.  

• Like 3

Just now, CapsSkins said:

Idk. Magic is kind of a unicorn from an ownership perspective. First of all he has no operating control and his economic stake is very small (4%). His value is precisely in his public-facing ambassadorship and legend status among athletes. He's a guy you'd want interacting with the players. It's not like Mitch Rales is in there micromanaging the area scouts.  

Very possible, he’s definitely the face of the ownership group. I just wouldn’t be surprised to see Harris be paranoid about perception given Snyder’s history. 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Very possible, he’s definitely the face of the ownership group. I just wouldn’t be surprised to see Harris be paranoid about perception given Snyder’s history. 

He also wouldn't want to upstage the new GM and HC. Would kind of be stepping on the toes of the HC who usually gets to make those phone calls 

5 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

**** that noise. Do what Philly did when they tanked a few years ago against us. Except don't even start your "starters" They can dress if needed. But I'm not kidding when I say Fromm at QB with as back backups as possible. I want that **** for realz. 

Not sure if that is a good idea. Some of our backups are better than the starters as seen in the last game. 

8 minutes ago, primetime441 said:

Speak for yourself. I expect a leader of a team to stay composed at all times. Let it all out when you win the big game.

Good for you. If he’s good and wins a lot more than he loses, no one will care. 

If you care, then you’re the “no one” I’m talking about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Conn said:

Good for you. If he’s good and wins a lot more than he loses, no one will care. 

If you care, then you’re the “no one” I’m talking about. 

Jordan cries in his Hall of Fame speech and becomes a meme. Now do Williams. It's a distraction nonetheless.

12 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Ron is the king of the meaningless win, so I'm not assuming we lose.

Picking at three would be tough. I think there's a good chance that Daniels falls pretty far. Fear of failure will make GMs wary of picking the consolation prize that high. I'd be tempted to take Harrison and the best QB still available in the 2nd round--or to trade down and get that OT they also need.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, skinsfan66 said:

Any new news from him now, List, predictions, now that season is almost over and that was preseason? What does he think now? 

I included in that post was his thoughts about Maye in mid October.  Considering his gushing was running for well over a year about Maye's upside I'd presume his enthusiasm has held especially considering some of Maye's best games happened after those comments.

As @clskinsfan said the enthusiasm about Maye from some corners is very strong.  I was watching some dude from PFN who talked about Maye as close to the best QB he's ever evaulated.

Look no guarantee with any player.  But as someone who had a hard time not noticing the hype for years about Maye, I posted earlier this seaon we are dreaming if we are thinking about we'd be in range of Maye in the draft.  It felt ridiculous.  And while I predicted a losing season I didn't expect it to be this level bad.  But now we are here, and if this holds we are lucky as heck IMO.   

• Like 3