Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Why would we get rid of Howell? Seems like a great option at backup QB.

I agree, only caveat being if there is some foolish GM out there who wants to overpay for him.

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Like 1

Just now, DiscoBob said:

I agree, only caveat being there is some foolish GM out there who wants to overpay for him.

I think that ship has sailed and it may turn out to be a good thing long term. Sam needs a breather and this current team is not a safe place for QB success.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, rumplestilskin said:

I think that ship has sailed and it may turn out to be a good thing long term. Sam needs a breather and this current team is not a safe place for QB success.

You're probably right l, but every year there are a few WTF trades.  Too bad Dan didn't buy a different team so we could trade with them 🤷

56 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

You're probably right l, but every year there are a few WTF trades.  Too bad Dan didn't buy a different team so we could trade with them 🤷

You may be right also. Someone watching Sam's early season success may think he is worth investing in. I could see Sean Payton seeing something in him as there is some Brees to his game. Well at least there was before we RR destroyed his psyche. Not having BRob for a big stretch hurt also IMO.

Edited by rumplestilskin
  • Thumb up 1

if we're at 2 and we want Williams the best thing that can happen for us is for Williams to say he wants to come here

that way if someone wants to trade up with the Bears they  may just select Maye

I'm still not 100% enamored with taking a QB, but at least with 2 over 3 we aren't just limited to taking whoever is left, so that's nice

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I still think Howell is salvageable.  Get him a decent offensive line and see what happens is my opinion... dude had people in his face constantly for 90% of the season, no wonder he's a little shell shocked.  He looked great under pressure even during those early games.

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Dan preferred to use spoiled milk.

I'm convinced if Dan did this he woulda got two-pieced on the spot...why it always looked dlioenhe was in a little glass box surround only by folks that wouldn't deflate his ego...

17 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

I can't remember many folks that opposed us drafting Chase,  me included. He was a once in a generation, freak, can't miss talent. OOPS!

Some of us were calling for a QB instead. And yes they were rated lower. But when you have that draft position you take a QB unless you already have your guy. We wont make that mistake again. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rumplestilskin said:

I don't know about that. He was a fifth round selection. Surely they could play nice and at least we would have a good back up? 

I highly doubt that, bro.

Sam is RR project. Always will be.

The new regime wants to start fresh.

We all saw what El Dano did with Brad Johnson when he took full reins of the team.

Brad and Co. were coming of a very good season statiscally. He was the real deal and everyone knew it, including every other team in the NFL.

That's what I mean by politics. You just can't assume these guys are blank sheets of paper and will suddenly forget their loyalty to their former coach.

• Thumb down 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MrJL said:

if we're at 2 and we want Williams the best thing that can happen for us is for Williams to say he wants to come here

that way if someone wants to trade up with the Bears they  may just select Maye

I'm still not 100% enamored with taking a QB, but at least with 2 over 3 we aren't just limited to taking whoever is left, so that's nice

I could see Williams demanding to come here. Pulling an Eli Manning come home to be hometown hero.

Bears are probably taking Williams or MHJ. They probably have to take MHJ at 1 because if they trade down further then 2 Arizona will take him.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1