Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

16 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

Washington has a worse record.  At the moment, Washington is 4-9 and the Giants are 4-8.  

Hopefully the Giants win But if they don't, their losing adds two Ls to out SOS and Green Bay beating them adds a W to theirs, as that is one of the three uncommon opponents on their schedule. 

So we'd probably move ahead of them in the tiebreaker. 

Edit: Depends on what the Broncos and Raiders each do, too. Would be nice to see the Chargers beat Denver.

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

i was alternating between the Jets game and Bears game and watched all of NE’s Thursday night game. All three teams are playing good defense.

I am not as worried as I once was about the Rams and Jets game. We can win but I think both teams are better than Washington. 

I think Ron is on a roll with piss poor play across the board from this team. I think Ron might be just what we need to lose out the season. 

I think Ron has lost the locker room. When you look at the comments by Allen and McLaurin, I'm sure most of the team is ready to call it a season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

And Samuel lately. But I wonder if that's just because they're targeted or because they're better at finding holes in zone or better at mismatch against LBs than Terry against cb1.

Wasn't Jordan Reed good at the scramble drill?

Samuels is getting open, because he's an amazing athlete and easy to scheme for as an OC. Not many teams have a WR3 as good as him. He's always open. 

The issue is that this offense doesn't get the WR1&2 open ever, but as long as teams put LBers on Samuels, he'll get open fast.

Then teams start putting DBs on him and we have to hit ****ing Pringle and Crowder.

It's wild seeing people get excited for Crowder catching passes or being impressed that Howell is hitting 8 different players for passes.

It's a trash offense being run by an idiot with a loud mouth and it fails constantly and people still think players are weak because they allow a glimmer of a complaint squeak out.

It's ****ing dumb. Is Howell the guy or is he Jay Plummer? IDK, but he's been amazing this year. Imagine this offense with Heinicke? Dear god would that be bad. The Panthers would be a better team.

Teams know we want to hit the TE 12+ times a game, but ours suck (outside of Bates blocking), so they sit on it. Dotson is average, and demands no extra attention and even Terry issn't being doubled like he was last year.

Beiniemy is a ****ing joke and a nepotism hire that only happened, because Snyder drug out the sale long enough that we couldn't knock Ron off his throne, which is probably why some of the top GMs and OCs turned down other gigs.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

55 minutes ago, Redalertpt2 said:

Hoping it we’ll be some kind of shake up and teams surprise with the picks they make this year. If we are picking top 3 and a QB is sitting in our laps you take him . We have too many holes to not invest in one and put all our chips on the table with Matt Howell. 

The first round bust rate for QBs is 50 percent. No one even talked about Daniels until one month ago. That scares me. Williams will go #1 and I see no upgrade with Maye.  

I'm giving "Matt" the season before I make a decision. He has at least shown he can play in the league over a complete roll of the dice.  

• Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

The first round bust rate for QBs is 50 percent. No one even talked about Daniels until one month ago. That scares me. Williams will go #1 and I see no upgrade with Maye.  

I'm giving "Matt" the season before I make a decision. He has at least shown he can play in the league over a complete roll of the dice.  

yup we need to try to get a haul pocks for someone trading up for a QB.  

i am comfortable and happy with Howell if we get some line help that we need.

Even if you think the QB in this draft is better than Howell, you think we will be able to develop him with this OL and patch work they are going to do if we only do it with FA.    I know we will have a new GM and HC but i just know we will somehow mess it up if we put all eggs in one basket

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

If you were going to use that logic, then we shouldn’t do anything because typically, everything we do has been wrong.

3 hours ago, Conn said:

Our history doesn’t matter anymore, new owner, fresh clean slate. 

we were talking about the fanbase reaction to having a top rookie and Howell in this instance

1 hour ago, sjinhan said:

yup we need to try to get a haul pocks for someone trading up for a QB.  

Even if you think the QB in this draft is better than Howell, you think we will be able to develop him with this OL and patch work they are going to do if we only do it with FA.    I know we will have a new GM and HC but i just know we will somehow mess it up if we put all eggs in one basket

I'm probably the second biggest Howell Homer behind KDawg and you don't pick top 5 very often and if you do and there is a QB, you have to take them. 

I don't want to and I think Howell is the future, but if any of these three land on your pick,  you either become pick rich or take them.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Hell yeah, man. Matt Howell is the kind of guy we want to build around. 

I remember when we had Steve Rypien. Matt really reminds me of him. If we can get William Robinson going we could be a sleeper.

Absolutely! The good old day with Johnathan Riptins the diesel big number 43 and "the snouts"... Man good memories!! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm probably the second biggest Howell Homer behind KDawg and you don't pick top 5 very often and if you do and there is a QB, you have to take them. 

I don't want to and I think Howell is the future, but if any of these three land on your pick,  you either become pick rich or take them.

I'd have to be top 5 here for Howell, I defended him all season and had his back through thick and thin.  And when it looked like we were picking outside the top 10 i not once pushed the idea of a QB in the upcoming draft.

But picking top 5 changes it entirely for me.

I am not saying that's what they should do.  But I don't care what name that amateur scout here (including myself) evaluates Howell and the QBs in the draft.  I want the new GM to take a hard look at it.  They'd be stupid not to do so I am gathering this is a done deal that it will be under heavy consideration.

Let's say Jalen Daniels ends up a stud and we bypass him, especially if the Giants get him picking after us -- that might end up on the top of pile of all this organization's dumb moves at QB over decades.   We got to stop this cycle of ineptitude at the spot.  Decisions that might not have been seen stupid at the time they were made but aged quickly as obviously stupid.

As much as i like Howell, no chance I am not taking a QB in the GM's shoes if he thinks his ceiling is good versus someone in the draft being elite.

I know some on the QB thread think Howell has elite upside.    Personally I dont know.  I suspect he doesn't.  But I do think he has a good chance to be good.   But I'll leave that for the GM to decide of course and will trust whatever they decide.   Every beat guy who covers the team suspects they will consider Qb heavily if they pick top 5.  Will see.

I don't have a harcore take if they should or shouldn't.  My hardcore take is they should definitely consider.  No way I'd automatically punt the decision to a future draft -- that seems borderline crazy to me, especially considering the top 3 in this draft in theory looks to be one of the best combos in a long time. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

In this case, becoming Pick Rich would be the way to go. Trade back to #6-9 for a team needing a QB. Howell PLUS one of the top 3 OTs, plus yet another 2nd rd OT/LB, plus another 4th rd OT/LB/TE, plus an early pick next year>>>>>a 50% chance of hitting on a drafted QB leading a team with no talent

• Like 2

If a new GM picks a QB with our 1st round pick at #5, #4, or #3 we still have ammo in the draft (2 OL) within our next 4 picks and in FA (1 OL) to fill 3 holes on the OL with talent.  Also, flexibility with Howell still being here as the starter, backup or trade chip.  

This one will make you sting too.  EB should have run the ball much more!

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

Look at this...just a quarterbacking abomination. Dios mio.

image.png.7f05cb13d80d786cd5b1911fe02f2f23.png

When you look at that, just recall that some in this fan base, and probably plenty in the F.O., would have loved to have traded for Carr a few years ago. Sometimes you don't hit on anything, and sometimes you avoid getting hit by avoiding doing something, in this case, avoiding investing in Carr was a huge win for us (like making to luck out and not get Wilson). 

I remain so baffled by Young. I didn't expect Young to be a star, by any stretch, but I also never thought he'd suck, I just thought he'd be very average. I'm stunned at how poor he's been. In fairness to the guy though, much like with Howell, he has very little help (even less in terms of playmakers). 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RWJ said:

If a new GM picks a QB with our 1st round pick at #5, #4, or #3 we still have ammo in the draft (2 OL) within our next 4 picks and in FA (1 OL) to fill 3 holes on the OL with talent.  Also, flexibility with Howell still being here as the starter, backup or trade chip.  

Exactly.  I don't get the discussion that our whole off season is about that first round pick alone.  If that were the case they should have never traded Montez Sweat among other things.  And the idea that FA doesn't exist for the O line -- while I get the point, its still hyperbole, there are options to upgrade the interior in FA and I among others talked about.

I am not saying the dude is Lamar Jackson.  But i don't think the comparisons are dumb.  If that comparison is apt and lets say Sam Howell's peak is Derek Carr and we let the next Lamar Jackson go to the NY Giants to add insult to injury -- that would be another wild addition to the 30 years of so of dumb decisions this organizations have made at QB.

And again, its not because I know that's what's going to happen.   You got me what happens and what is Sam's peak and what's Jayden or Drake (if we pick 2nd).  i got an opinion on it.  But I am no professional of course.  So let the professional GM sort through this.  Which I think will happen for certain.

It's a big decision for this organization.    

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

Jet's entire offense is pure ass, but our defense is absolutely pristine ass. Immovable object/unstoppable force vibes.

For those oldsters like me, it brings back memories of the colossal battle royale that was our 1993 meeting, two titans of the East squaring off to decide who was more determined to dynamite what was left of two once proud franchises. We lost 3-0. Kinda like the Vikes-Raiders game today. 

1 hour ago, sjinhan said:

I saw enough of the Niners game today to see that Purdy has all day to throw the ball. Guys are wide open with the time he has. Made me think Sam can be the answer with better protection and some play-makers. 

4 minutes ago, djpapeleta360 said:

With the Bears playing well recently what are the chances they trade the 1st pick in the draft to anyone that wants Caleb.

I watched much of that game.  I wasn't taken by Justin's play.  A Bears beat reporter a few weeks back said from what he heard they'd take Caleb for sure.

But I am sure we will get the typical posturing this off season to try to jack up Justin's trade value -- like they are torn and love Justin, etc, same stuff that the Cardinals leaked about Josh Rosen to help swindle a 2nd rounder out of the Dolphins.

7 minutes ago, djpapeleta360 said:

With the Bears playing well recently what are the chances they trade the 1st pick in the draft to anyone that wants Caleb.

Sure, there's a chance.  It they were offered a mega bounty trade for the #1, you have to pull the trigger but your GM better know what he's doing.  Remember 1999 when a fella by the name of Charley traded our #5 overall with the Saints?  Charely failed miserably with our picks and traded back up to get Champ Bailey who was traded to the Broncos + a 2nd for Portis.  Gibbs was no GM.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Sure, there's a chance.  It they were offered a mega bounty trade for the #1, you have to pull the trigger but your GM better know what he's doing.  Remember 1999 when a fella by the name of Charley traded our #5 overall with the Saints?  

Yeah. Only notables players we drafted with all them picks wad Chris Samuels and Lavar Arrington