Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Commanders vs. Da Bears - Got Mauled By The Bears!!!

zCommander

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s nice that so many people are fired up about the Magic tweet… but he didn’t really say anything. It’s not that transparent. Did anyone think he’d be excited by that loss? It was kind of a common sense fan service tweet.

for me it’s that he’s part of ownership and showed much more emotion and angst than Rivera.  Ditto when the camera panned to him during the game.

Riveras demeanor both on the sideline and post game presser came off as borderline nonchalant. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s nice that so many people are fired up about the Magic tweet… but he didn’t really say anything. It’s not that transparent. Did anyone think he’d be excited by that loss? It was kind of a common sense fan service tweet.

it’s not really normal or common for a team owner to openly say that the team played with no intensity or fire. MAYBE Irsay would say similar, but he’d do it in a belligerent or laughable way 

• Like 2

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Obviously owners hate losing, they just don’t come out and say it.  It’s the first time I can recall ownership questioning the effort and fire of their team publicly.  He put Ron on notice for the world to see and it’s much deserved.

Want me to be impressed? Instead of tweeting, make a change. Until then it’s lip service.

• Like 3

Just now, Conn said:

it’s not really normal or common for a team owner to openly say that the team played with no intensity or fire. MAYBE Irsay would say similar, but he’d do it in a belligerent or laughable way 

I didn’t say it was common. But it is a big nothing burger. A great philosopher once said, “Talk is cheap, mother ****er”

Make a change. That has impact. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

for me it’s that he’s part of ownership and showed much more emotion and angst than Rivera.  Ditto when the camera panned to him during the game.

Riveras demeanor both on the sideline and post game presser came off as borderline nonchalant. 

Exactly, everyone doesn't have to be Bill Parcells but at least put on the illusion that you give a damn, is that too much to ask? 🙆‍♂️

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Ron shows no emotion in the post game presser.  “Slow start…. Need to look at the tape…. Short week of prep….”     Same old tires bull **** from a washed up coach that has no business being a head coach.  

The teams effort tonight is just plain not good enough and that starts at the top. 

Yep. I commented the same, touting how they played better in the 2nd half was pathetic.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Want me to be impressed? Instead of tweeting, make a change. Until then it’s lip service.

He doesn’t call the shots, seems he’s just the messenger.  

Guess we will have to agree to disagree here.  I’m happy to see him put the world on notice.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

1 minute ago, Inigo Montoya said:

There’s no loss with letting go of any of these coaches, none. Trade sweat, trade young , we’re doing nothing this year and they aren’t pieces you build a team around. Sign L Collins to a one year deal and try to keep Howell upright. EB is awesome and then awful, no loss if he stays or goes . 
this might be the most embarrassing loss I can remember in years 

yoy don’t get fans back in seats with this

Season is not over yet.  There’s still the Thanksgiving game vs the ‘boys.  I think Ron and JDR are saving that embarrassment for that game!

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He doesn’t call the shots, seems he’s just the messenger.  

Girss we will have to agree to disagree here.  I’m happy to see him put the world on notice.

And this, right here, is why I don’t care that Magic Johnson tweeted our obviously horrendous performance was unacceptable. 

He can’t do anything else about it. He doesn’t make any decisions. 

It’s not a bad thing he spoke up. It just doesn’t matter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The problem is your entire draft class from 2023 stinks snd it’s taking up, what, 7 roster spots?  That’s 8% of your roster you’re getting no contribution out which you selected after doing next to nothing in FA.

Who are you going to sub in? Or out?

Thst draft isn’t helping him at all and arguably hurting him big time this season. Ditto investing so much more on the defense.  

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Exactly, everyone doesn't have to be Bill Parcells but at least put on the illusion that you give a damn, is that too much to ask? 🙆‍♂️

Yeah he needs to come out with a YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME! speech haha!

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

And this, right here, is why I don’t care that Magic Johnson tweeted our obviously horrendous performance was unacceptable. 

I think it does matter.

I don’t think he makes that tweet without the buy-in of the rest of the ownership group.  He’s going to be the mouthpiece for the other guys that would prefer not talk.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

I think it's a major sign that him an Josh have an idea in mind about our current staffs future. The writing is clearly on the wall here.