Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: The Commanders vs. The Bills

zCommander

I never thought the EB hiring was a good move, but today was just criminal. 

If there are players on the offense that were not buying in 100%, he's lost them completely.,

How the **** can you continue to call a game like that when your young QB is getting pummeled like that?

Ron should have taken play calling back at the half.

• Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, dyst said:

I’m not to considered about one bad game or even a few. It was my counterpoint to people worrying that this will leave him traumatized. I personally don’t feel good or elite QBs get she’ll shocked long term. If they do, then they weren’t going to be that level QB anyways.

No argument there I think Howell will be fine and this will help him in the long term, but if I am wrong he will not make it in the NFL

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Sam Howell got sacked as many times in that game as Mark Rypien did all year in 1991.

And if you want to get super duper nerd-level technical and picky...two of those Rypien sacks were not really sacks.  He truly got sacked only 7 times that year.   🤓

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

This is a fundamentally flawed argument. It's not opinion, this is a prime logical fallacy.

We just had an awful day, so I won't expend any more energy on this, but don't use this argument with something that matters.

I believe the best way to build a team is to stop making excuses for staff and players. If a team isn’t drafting right then get new management. If the plays suck, get a new staff if the players suck then get new players. If Sam is going to be a good QB, then he needs to figure out the protection and get the ball out quicker. This isn’t all on the o-line. It’s on him to figure it out.

2 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

Well… at least Kaptain Klutch, Kurt Cousins just lost the game at home…..  0-3.

but his fantasy stats look great

Lol we can dog him all we want but he’s undoubted the best qb we’ve had since the late 80s early 90s….it’s been fun trading picks and drafting qbs since hes left.

• Haha 1

Just now, DazedSkinsfan said:

Reality slapped this team in the face today.  I think the ceiling is 8 wins and that's a stretch in my opinion.  I can't wait until Ron and this front office is replaced with competent and forward thinking football minds.  

Unlikely to happen, unfortunately. It based purely on luck, and anomalies.

The next “regime” brought in, will be the same. Hopefully they get lucky and draft the right QB.

statistically, unlikely. But that’s the best “hope” for any NFL franchise. That’s all it is

Just now, dyst said:

I believe the best way to build a team is to stop making excuses for staff and players. If a team isn’t drafting right then get new management. If the plays suck, get a new staff if the players suck then get new players. If Sam is going to be a good QB, then he needs to figure out the protection and get the ball out quicker. This isn’t all on the o-line. It’s on him to figure it out.

I don't have anything to add to what I've already said. I refer back to my previous posts.

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

I don't have anything to add to what I've already said. I refer back to my previous posts.

You don’t have to. I am responding to your post. If teams want to improve then you improve by having “good players”

3 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Ron should be fired for mis management of the OLINE

Give it a little time. He will be.  'cause the losses are going to be all the evidence anyone needs.   Let nature take its course.  Gonna just have to stomach this season.  It was always going to be a veritable throw-away season.  Hang in there.  We got a great new owner; we've already had a wonderful season, IMHO. 

• Like 1