Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 3 - The Commanders vs. The Bills

zCommander

14 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

The Bills are so over rated. Your crappy defense should be a decent test for our offense, but that buffoon yall have playing QB who leads the league in picks the last 3 years is gonna get wrecked. 

You got manhandled by the QBless Jets and then blew out the Raiders and you want to talk about Denver and Cards? They're all bottom 5 teams. 

Our defense is better than the Jets.

Go lose a Superbowl. 

Shut up dude, there's a Bills fan trying to trash talk in a classy way in here.

The Bills had the 4th ranked offense and defense last year and they returned almost everyone on a 13 win team.  Good luck on Sunday.  We are not the Cards or Broncos

• Sad 1
  • Thumb down 2

5 minutes ago, bluelight05 said:

The Bills had the 4th ranked offense and defense last year and they returned almost everyone on a 13 win team.  Good luck on Sunday.  We are not the Cards or Broncos

So the **** talking begins.    How about any given Sunday?   Ya'll have been incredibly inconsistent so far this year.....last year's record doesn't mean squat.  

• Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, bluelight05 said:

If you wanna talk smack in here you're going about it the wrong way.

You gotta pretend you're a Washington fan and peruse the site trashing the coaching staff and most of their moves and you'll blend right in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Sorry, another unwelcome Bills fan here haha. 

Not going to teach you guys anything you don't already know, or say anything that won't elicit eye-rolls, but I saw a lot of mention of Allen's high number of turnovers the last few years. He is still a force despite this:
1693943708646937.jpg.f5a7fd10cffc772863b195c7b5b56c3d.jpg

The Jets also represent a unique house of horrors for him lately. I believe he has 13 turnovers the last 5 times he's played in that building, or something like that. The Jets' All-22 from week 1 is some of the most pristine defense I've ever seen - Perfect gaps, perfect decisions/discipline, and perfect guesses on every play. Just as on example, on Whitehead's first (or second) interception, he abandoned his assignment on a dig route into his area on pure intuition and it worked out (normally, abandoning your assignments does not work out). The Jets baited Allen and it worked perfectly three critical times. The Raiders played the same 3 and 4 high shells all day, only the coaches got Allen to take the underneath stuff and he wasn't all jacked up and in his house of horrors, and he returned to baseline (the sort of baseline that wins 38 of his last 51 regular season games). And of course, the Raiders' horses are not as good or disciplined as those on the Jets. 

I would agree that your defense is closer to the Jets baseline than the Raiders', though I'm not convinced that you'll play quite as perfectly as they did  on Monday night in particular. Still, the Washington defense is legit and I anticipate the same gameplan to avoid those high chaos plays the Jets feasted on. Spencer Brown, our RT, is our worst player on offense, and was matched up with Crosby all day. But someone counted that we chipped Crosby on a minimum of 16 dropbacks, and he was a nonfactor. My impression is that Payne/Allen/Sweat are your best DL in that order, so assignments will have to be different, but I anticipate the same sorts of heavy sets and creative checkdowns we've seen this year, which is brand new to the Bills offense (I think they ran 12 personnel like 5% of the plays last year, and are running it 50% so far this year). It's a completely different offense from the one you saw in 2021 in that regard. 

I love the weapons on your team - For 2 years now I have been drafting McLaurin Dotson and Robinson in every fantasy draft because none of my friends know ball, and they're always there late. Great players, and they have legitimately won me hundreds of dollars 

The Commanders remind me of the 2019 Bills (or hopefully the 2023 Sabres in a different sport) - driven young players leading the way out of a dark cave in which the franchise has been stuck for countless years. Obviously the details were a bit different, but both teams had a young QB with moxy who aren't afraid to rip a pass anywhere they think they can fit it, a defense that gives people fits, and hope for the first time in a generation. It's the NFL so this is always true, but even if the Bills bring it, they have to be ready because I think washington is due for a statement win to say 'we are here and we aren't going away.' The Bills were able to make that step and I hope you guys can too (though I will obv be rooting for it to come a different week ha) 

14 minutes ago, redskinss said:

If you wanna talk smack in here you're going about it the wrong way.

You gotta pretend you're a Washington fan and peruse the site trashing the coaching staff and most of their moves and you'll blend right in.

Bro, we have like 3 dolphins fans that have been doing this on the Bills forum for bordering on a decade now. We caught one of them because he has the same twitter handle as forum username hahaha

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, temp_fan said:

Bro, we have like 3 dolphins fans that have been doing this on the Bills forum for bordering on a decade now. We caught one of them because he has the same twitter handle as forum username hahaha

I honestly don't think we have a troll problem but we do have an understandable morale problem caused by years of suffering as a fanbase combined with the knowledge that we realistically aren't a great team yet and have several holes on our roster and a coach who hasn't done much in the last 8 years or so.

This fanbase (myself included) have spent far too many years getting excited when we know we probably shouldn't be and the fall is always that much farther with a harder hit at the bottom.

The reasonable and logical posters just point out the obvious when some of us try to ignore those things for the sake of enjoying the lead up to the season and individual games.

It'll be a long time coming when we don't have to be so guarded as a fanbase again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, temp_fan said:

Sorry, another unwelcome Bills fan here haha. 

Not going to teach you guys anything you don't already know, or say anything that won't elicit eye-rolls, but I saw a lot of mention of Allen's high number of turnovers the last few years. He is still a force despite this:
1693943708646937.jpg.f5a7fd10cffc772863b195c7b5b56c3d.jpg

The Jets also represent a unique house of horrors for him lately. I believe he has 13 turnovers the last 5 times he's played in that building, or something like that. The Jets' All-22 from week 1 is some of the most pristine defense I've ever seen - Perfect gaps, perfect decisions/discipline, and perfect guesses on every play. Just as on example, on Whitehead's first (or second) interception, he abandoned his assignment on a dig route into his area on pure intuition and it worked out (normally, abandoning your assignments does not work out). The Jets baited Allen and it worked perfectly three critical times. The Raiders played the same 3 and 4 high shells all day, only the coaches got Allen to take the underneath stuff and he wasn't all jacked up and in his house of horrors, and he returned to baseline (the sort of baseline that wins 38 of his last 51 regular season games). And of course, the Raiders' horses are not as good or disciplined as those on the Jets. 

I would agree that your defense is closer to the Jets baseline than the Raiders', though I'm not convinced that you'll play quite as perfectly as they did  on Monday night in particular. Still, the Washington defense is legit and I anticipate the same gameplan to avoid those high chaos plays the Jets feasted on. Spencer Brown, our RT, is our worst player on offense, and was matched up with Crosby all day. But someone counted that we chipped Crosby on a minimum of 16 dropbacks, and he was a nonfactor. My impression is that Payne/Allen/Sweat are your best DL in that order, so assignments will have to be different, but I anticipate the same sorts of heavy sets and creative checkdowns we've seen this year, which is brand new to the Bills offense (I think they ran 12 personnel like 5% of the plays last year, and are running it 50% so far this year). It's a completely different offense from the one you saw in 2021 in that regard. 

I love the weapons on your team - For 2 years now I have been drafting McLaurin Dotson and Robinson in every fantasy draft because none of my friends know ball, and they're always there late. Great players, and they have legitimately won me hundreds of dollars 

The Commanders remind me of the 2019 Bills (or hopefully the 2023 Sabres in a different sport) - driven young players leading the way out of a dark cave in which the franchise has been stuck for countless years. Obviously the details were a bit different, but both teams had a young QB with moxy who aren't afraid to rip a pass anywhere they think they can fit it, a defense that gives people fits, and hope for the first time in a generation. It's the NFL so this is always true, but even if the Bills bring it, they have to be ready because I think washington is due for a statement win to say 'we are here and we aren't going away.' The Bills were able to make that step and I hope you guys can too (though I will obv be rooting for it to come a different week ha) 

Thanks for taking the time to write this up and not just coming in saying “you guys suck” and then leaving. Some visiting fans are great and some even stay here. Just letting you know at least 1 person appreciated your effort. 

I would give you a cookie, but I ate them all

image.gif

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1